X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warburton Future

Will he be kept on by the owners?
    I don't think he will be.
    I'm expecting a new QPR manager this summer.
    What do you guys think?

I think they have no reason to change, not unless you know something?

Comment

Originally posted by Riverwild View Post
      What do you guys think?
      I think do you not get bored of asking this question after every defeat ?

Comment

From the boards view

1, we had a poor squad plus Eze stayed up comfortably
        2, we invested in own strikers struggled with poor squad but then backed him with Austin johansen etc doing much better
        3, he’s lost Amos and Carroll so we backed him with 4 more in January and we’ve completely changed shape style on we’ve been poor in a couple of games recently but we should finish top 10
        4, he’s been in steadied a club played good football even with a poor side that really needed Austin in and we’d be in top 10 now as he’d of scored chances Dykes missed
        5, why would the board release him when he’s proved give him some better players he gets results why rock the boat we’re doing ok.

Comment

Can't see anyone else doing better with the squad we have.

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
            From the boards view

2, we invested in own strikers struggled with poor squad but then backed him with Austin johansen etc doing much better
            3, he’s lost Amos and Carroll so we backed him with 4 more in January and we’ve completely changed shape style on we’ve been poor in a couple of games recently but we should finish top 10
            4, he’s been in steadied a club played good football even with a poor side that really needed Austin in and we’d be in top 10 now as he’d of scored chances Dykes missed
            5, why would the board release him when he’s proved give him some better players he gets results why rock the boat we’re doing ok.
            All of the above.

If the man has Amos and Carroll back, plus these loan signings or equivilant quality next season he should be held accountable for not knocking on the door of the top 6, we should be.

If he doesn't have a decent squad, such as the squad he started the season with, then we have to set the bar lower and expectations shift to staying in the division. I'd accept that Dykes/Bonne signings should have been expected to do better, blame for those two runs deep, scouting, signing, probably training, performances and service all problems of which Warburton probably has a share.

He definitely stays.

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
              From the boards view

Great post.. All spot on truths.

Its good for the club to have more stability management wise.

New manager new players
              New Manager new tactics

Comment

Originally posted by Riverwild View Post
                What do you guys think?
                Yeh sack him and the new manager who replaces him too

Comment

my guess is that barring a disastrous finish he will be offered a new deal. Given the upheaval of the squad last summer, he has done well so far (obviously improved since the change of formation and Jan loan signings).

I still have my doubts about him (poor team selections, late and wrong substitutions, tactics often questionable etc), but I can't see QPR appointing anyone better.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                    my guess is that barring a disastrous finish he will be offered a new deal. Given the upheaval of the squad last summer, he has done well so far (obviously improved since the change of formation and Jan loan signings).

I still have my doubts about him (poor team selections, late and wrong substitutions, tactics often questionable etc), but I can't see QPR appointing anyone better.
                    I get where your at in terms of subs and as example Saturday why so long, however Bar Watford and Adomah in his defence and could you honestly look at say dukes and Bonne and say they will come on and win us a game, I think Bonne did at Derby and Sheffield weds? But from the opening op why bin warbs were doing ok better than expected imo just makes no sense to throw everything up in the air

Comment

MW is clearly a manager with class and character at a time when either one is rare. Yes, his subs decisions can at times feel quizzical, but once he explained his 60-minutes strategy re resting regulars it made more sense. If we bring back the core of this club, and hang onto Austin, Johansen, Field and Jordy, MW deserves the shot to take them into the playoffs (which MUST be his stated goal if this happens versus often bemoaning QPR's comparatively trim budget).

Comment

Will he be poached? Is another angle on this?
                        F*CK OFF CHELSEA WEST LONDON IS OURS!

Comment

Originally posted by northampton rs View Post
                          Will he be poached? Is another angle on this?
                          Yes good point Norths

Comment

Didn't Warburton comment at start of his reign about not favouring loan signings and insinuate we'd had too many loanees previously?
                            My feeling is that our current loan players are eff all to with Warburton and the work of the DOF/CEO but I obviously cannot prove that.

Comment

Im sought of caught in two minds over Warburton.

I have a funny feeling that the club may go for Chris Wilder and let Warburton go.

but too early to judge at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                              X