Why is it clubs like Barnsley and Reading make dramatic improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is it clubs like Barnsley and Reading make dramatic improvements

and we seem stuck year after year? There's always one or two that make huge improvements and one or two that decline badly every season. I suppose at least we're consistent.

I have no idea.
    I have wondered if exorcism of the whole club is needed!

Comment

In fairness last season we were awesome going forward but abysmal at the back, we strengthened at the back and are now much more solid but we lost last year's top 5 goalscorers so we start again on that score.

Comment

Originally posted by bushkangaroo View Post
        and we seem stuck year after year? There's always one or two that make huge improvements and one or two that decline badly every season. I suppose at least we're consistent.
        Reading have spent an absolute fortune over the last few years and have done the old selling the ground back to themselves trick to avoid FFP . They may well make the playoffs but no guarantee of making the premier league and it could all fall down around them very quickly. Barnsley have been perennial relegation candidates that have found a new manager that seems to have got everyone on board but again chances are they will be in the same league as us and Reading next season .

Comment

The business needs a complete purge this summer from top to bottom. The owners have not been running the business well for years. We all know that. It's time they moved on now. This summer I would like to see a new coach brought in from overseas.

Barnsley almost went down last year. Look at them now!
          The owners must have been watching their current manager for some time. He's come in and transformed the squad. He's doing a very similar job to the German coach who took Huddersfield up and kept them up a few years ago.

Why are the owners of QPR not doing any due diligence on the up and coming management and coaching talent overseas? Other businesses are doing this why are we not doing this!

If clubs like Barnsley, Huddersfield, Norwich etc are open-minded to look overseas we must do the same.
          ​​​​​​Our approach is way too narrow-minded.

Every time there is a managerial vacancy at QPR the same boring names keep getting linked to the job. The big problem with our owners is they have no vision. They are not visionary owners like other clubs. This pattern needs to be broken. We need a different approach.

l know most of you on here won't agree with me on this but that's ok. We all have our own opinions. We love the club we want to see us back in the Premier League.

I would not keep Warburton this summer. I would move him on. We are a good manager away from being a top team in this division.

Comment

Originally posted by Riverwild View Post
            The business needs a complete purge this summer from top to bottom. The owners have not been running the business well for years. We all know that. It's time they moved on now. This summer I would like to see a new coach brought in from overseas.

The owners must have been watching their current manager for some time. He's come in and transformed the squad. He's doing a very similar job to the German coach who took Huddersfield up and kept them up a few years ago.

Why are the owners of QPR not doing any due diligence on the up and coming management and coaching talent overseas? Other businesses are doing this why are we not doing this!

If clubs like Barnsley, Huddersfield, Norwich etc are open-minded to look overseas we must do the same.

Every time there is a managerial vacancy at QPR the same boring names keep getting linked to the job. The big problem with our owners is they have no vision. They are not visionary owners like other clubs. This pattern needs to be broken. We need a different approach.

l know most of you on here won't agree with me on this but that's ok. We all have our own opinions. We love the club we want to see us back in the Premier League.

I would not keep Warburton this summer. I would move him on. We are a good manager away from being a top team in this division.
            Another poster that was no where to be seen when we were beating Brentford,Bournemouth, Watford , Blackburn etc.but 2 defeats in a row and the owners and the manager need to go . You couldn’t make it up .

Comment

Excatly my opinion also.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

Not so sure about the last sentence.
                I wonder alot, that our vision of our team is way too biased, and over estimated

Comment

The idea our squad is a top team in the division with the right manager is way off. A squad with budget players such as Hamalainen, Kakay, Thomas, Dykes, Bonne, Ball, Kelman, Cameron, Wallace, Lumley etc is simply not a top team. Most of these players are League One standard. Dieng, Dickie and Austin might be top class for this division but few others. Warburton is not Premier League quality, but for what we can afford and attract it is not easy to point to options that are better. The call for constant changes of manager is counter productive to me. I think we do ok, given the budget at our disposal. We need to continue the path we are on, developing sellable assets (which we do well) and reinvest sensibly. If we go through this cycle a couple of times we could suddenly find our selves in a good place.

Comment

We've had foreign managers we were no better , fact is someone has to lose someone has to win. We will come good again but we have no right to win every week . The best teams are team that spend the most money on players hence man city lead the way

Comment

Originally posted by bushkangaroo View Post
                      I mean Barnsley fans haven't had much to shout about when in the Championship full stop, only a yoyo life from league one up.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post

I mean Barnsley fans haven't had much to shout about when in the Championship full stop, only a yoyo life from league one up.
                        It’s just the usual moaning from a few posters when QPR lose a couple of games , nothing ever changes , every fan base has them .

Comment

Well Run Clubs probably unlike us, Ambition plays a big part too.

Comment

Sorry, but no, foreign does not mean better. You haven't directly said that but ensued it and it's not correct.

The club is being well run now but is absolutely held back by the mistakes and AMBITION of the past. Changes have been made and the club is building toward a sustainable future. You can;t expect instant results on the pitch and it's obvious to anyone watching with an ounce of pragmatism that every coach employed since Harry has been to help stabilise us on a budget. Maybe not JFH but lets not go there he could've been good.

There may not be the ambition for promotion just yet because it's realistic, this team would get eaten alive in the Prem. The ambition is to be financially stable, get some good players up and maybe sell them to give us the springboard to return to the top tier and stay there. That is the vision.

The same old names linked to the club are dug up by the media reading fans twitter accounts, not based in reality. You have no idea who the club maybe looking at when appointing a manager or coach, or what due dilligence has been done. Even if it is there's nothing to say mistakes won't be made. I'd bet they are just looking at managers who know the league to minimise risk. Warbs is a good appointment for this period of time.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
                              The idea our squad is a top team in the division with the right manager is way off. A squad with budget players such as Hamalainen, Kakay, Thomas, Dykes, Bonne, Ball, Kelman, Cameron, Wallace, Lumley etc is simply not a top team. Most of these players are League One standard. Dieng, Dickie and Austin might be top class for this division but few others. Warburton is not Premier League quality, but for what we can afford and attract it is not easy to point to options that are better. The call for constant changes of manager is counter productive to me. I think we do ok, given the budget at our disposal. We need to continue the path we are on, developing sellable assets (which we do well) and reinvest sensibly. If we go through this cycle a couple of times we could suddenly find our selves in a good place.
                              I agree with the above. What I would be intersted is in how many of the current squad is his choices or the DOF? In which cas any change of manager would be a waste of time.

Comment

Working...
                              X