What a fantastic performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
    I didn't see it, was following it on SkySports News. They had Joby McEnuff covering it and according to him Brentford were running riot and I'm unsure we were actually there? I dunno if producers had a word in his ear at HT but during 2nd half he acknowledged we had touched the ball.
    Once we scored he finally gave us some credit and after the 2nd goal he was saying we were doing well and Brentford had folded. He sounds like an effing pillock, made it sound like we were on for a right hiding.
    I missed the first 30 mins abs, but I thought we looked ok and they weren't creating much clear cut.

Comment

Yep, I felt exactly the same for the Watford game, although we were behind at the time I couldn't help noticing just how well we were playing.
      If we continue to play and defend well, this season might become very interesting in a few weeks time.

Comment

Good performance but is it me that don’t think Brentford are all that? Take away Toneys goals and they look pretty ordinary to me. That’s how s.hite this league is this season. Any one who goes up will get pumped every week in the Prem next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
          Good performance but is it me that don’t think Brentford are all that? Take away Toneys goals and they look pretty ordinary to me. That’s how s.hite this league is this season. Any one who goes up will get pumped every week in the Prem next season.
          Yes, was thinking this Brentford team will get destroyed in the EPL as it stands and that was in the 1st half when they were winning and play the ball around a bit, I think they will lose that diving Toney promotion or not!
          @gatorTFC

Comment

Nothing to do with Brentford, we've just upped our game tenfold.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
              Nothing to do with Brentford, we've just upped our game tenfold.
              True.

We have found a system that suits the players better and have made 3 good loan signings in Austin, Johansen and Field. This has lifted everyone and we have now beaten promotion chasing Watford and Brentford.

Even before the new signings we would have beaten Norwich had it not been for BOS's miss from 6 inches!!!

Comment

Can’t agree , Brentford are a very good side , look at the league table , they were good first half last night but we found a way to rattle them so credit to us .

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Can’t agree , Brentford are a very good side , look at the league table , they were good first half last night but we found a way to rattle them so credit to us .
                  We need to celebrate our victories on the basis they are well deserved. The rub of green evens out over the season and our winner last night was a deflection. Which golfer said the harder I practice the luckier I get? (Jerry Barber).

I play a lot of poker and you can do the right things all of the time and still lose. But keep doing those things and statistically you will eventually win more than you lose. Fine margins as NW says.

We've found that extra 5% through investment in Jan and with a bit of lady luck we deserve what we're currently getting.

Comment

Apparently all the bus conductors have to do is "learn the dark arts"
                    Yes I have been enjoying their feeble excuses again.
                    But they are making out we kicked and cheated and hoofed our way to victory.
                    Total tripe.
                    They have this psychotic hate thing going on and can't seem to take in the truth even when it's in front of them, and just egg each other on with agreement that they wuz robbed.
                    Their whole being is beating QPR, their cup final I spose.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                      Apparently all the bus conductors have to do is "learn the dark arts"
                      Yes I have been enjoying their feeble excuses again.
                      But they are making out we kicked and cheated and hoofed our way to victory.
                      Total tripe.
                      They have this psychotic hate thing going on and can't seem to take in the truth even when it's in front of them, and just egg each other on with agreement that they wuz robbed.
                      Their whole being is beating QPR, their cup final I spose.
                      Their arrogant ###### of a manager sets a fine example for their deluded fans .

Comment

Their arrogant ###### of a manager sets a fine example for their deluded fans .
                        Yeah agree stains, can't take to the bloke and there are a few fans at other clubs feel the same.
                        WBA fans were delighted that we beat them after last season and their arrogance towards them too

Comment

Were they good first half though? Apart from the goal Dieng had to make 1 save from way out. Don’t get me wrong they’re not completely s.hite but I think their side last season was much more dangerous. Like I said I think the league this year is pony.

Comment

Were they good first half though? Apart from the goal Dieng had to make 1 save from way out. Don’t get me wrong they’re not completely s.hite but I think their side last season was much more dangerous. Like I said I think the league this year is pony.
                            They had Watkins and Benrahma last year , they are a couple points off top spot at the end February and have beaten 3 premier teams in cup this season .

Comment

They had Watkins and Benrahma last year , they are a couple points off top spot at the end February and have beaten 3 premier teams in cup this season .
                              Exactly their team was better last year yet somehow they are 2nd. Really not calling them s.hit but I don’t think they’re great either, especially defensively. Not just Brentford I think most of the top 6 right now are nothing to shout about. Look at Cardiff, proper ordinary team now found themselves in 7th. If we didn’t have that really long run of bad results we would be right in the mix for play offs.

Comment

I believe Bees have more points today than at same stage last season, 5, even 7 maybe? I think last season Leeds hugely benefited from the Covid break that enabled them to play-out the season using their energetic high-press. Before the break they were clearly wilting and falling apart (again). Think Bees would've gone up if not for the break. Whatever, they've got more points this year and prior to this week were unbeaten in 21 games.... to suggest they "ain't all that" is ridiculous, they are a top team in this division and our win is thus something to be very proud of and indicates that we are a team that should go into all remaining fixtures expecting to win.

Comment

Working...
                                X