Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Haha.
    Unfortunately he has. That defeat against Brum could have been recovered with another good run and results going our way. But with defeat tonight there are too many teams above us and points to catch up.

Ah well, there's always next season! Leeds GK attracting interest from teams in Europe so we could be in line for £20m if they fancy Dieng, which has been rumoured. Nice war chest to invest in the squad for 21/22.
    A fraction would go into the squad. If we ever have ambitions to go up again players like Dieng need to stay and build the foundations of a team that has the ability to go up and stay up. We are waaaaaaaaaay off that for the time being but selling him for a million will harm the club medium term, no goalie from the championship is gonna get a 20 million price tag anyway.

Comment

9 points away with 24 points to play for, just sayin'! We can only look back and say what if, this team as it is after the transfer window probably would have been in the mix, we threw some points away here and there, at very least there should be optimism for next season if the squad is properly built!
      @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by jamesnutt View Post
        Got a good feeling we might make a cheeky late play off surge. Cheeky. Don't shoot the messenger. JN
        I don't know how anyone could doubt you JN, this post was almost 2 months ago, prophetic!
        @gatorTFC

Comment

Stoke and wall winning today keeps us in 12th , if the season was 56 games ud fancy our chances. Strange season wycombe winning again would like them to stay up and brum to go down with sheff weds

Comment

We have had an amazing run in 2021 but unfortunately all the good work against top sides was undone with the results against Derby, Birmingham and Preston...Barnsley were a side in form so no arguments there but 8 points dropped against poor oppo - it could have been a lot closer for play offs if we could only figure out how to beat the struggling teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post
              We have had an amazing run in 2021 but unfortunately all the good work against top sides was undone with the results against Derby, Birmingham and Preston...Barnsley were a side in form so no arguments there but 8 points dropped against poor oppo - it could have been a lot closer for play offs if we could only figure out how to beat the struggling teams.
              Like Coventry today .

Comment

Beat forest on Monday and I will definitely start believing it's possible. With Charlie Austin anything is possible
                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Don't think it is possible weare, but I'm happy for anyone to believe we can do it.

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post

I don't know how anyone could doubt you JN, this post was almost 2 months ago, prophetic!
                    Because as usual he was wrong

Comment

We are not going to make the play off now because we would need to get seven wins and one draw from the remaining eight games to hit 75pts and that ain't going to happen.

Also, Bournemouth have played same number of games as us and are nine points better off with a better goal different, so basiy 10 points. We are not going to make up 10 on them with eight games left to play. And they are currently in 7th.

in Feb we were 4-6 points adrift if we could have won our games in hand with 12-15 games left. We blew that because of ''fine margins". Not sure where I've heard that term before........?

Comment

next season
                        beatmydemons.com

Comment

Of course it is highly unlikely for us to Reach the playoffs, but it isn’t inconceivable.

the fixtures are very interesting and I have a funny feeling we could sneek in.

just keep winning rangers

Comment

If only we had beaten Huddersfield and Birmigham as we should have we would have had a chance going into our last 8 games.

Comment

It’s crazy we are even talking about play offs considering we were nailed on for relegation according to some in January.Let’s not bemoan dropped points against certain sides , it’s better just to enjoy our improvement and hope we hit the ground running next season.

Comment

The play off dream is slipping away sadly, it was a long shot at best and I am pleased we could even think about that as opposed to relegation!
                                @gatorTFC

Comment

Working...
                                X