No announcement yet.

Defence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have some good, sold pros and that is showing the current system and we still have other players to come into contention.

Indirectly I think Austin has helped. We now have a good quality focal point up top which takes some pressure off for those behind him. Johansen will also help.

Think maybe we have better balance overall.

Comment

I still think this team needs at least 1 speed merchant ,preferably up front or out wide . Every good team has one , Armstrong yesterday was always an out ball which we now don’t have after the Bos departure.

Comment

Possibly Shapiro when he reurns

Comment

Shapido ......

Comment

The Blackburn manager targeted our cbs as slow, particularly Dickie and changed tactics to take advantage of that perceived weekness...thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Deridene View Post
              Shapido ......
              Its Shodipo

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
                I still think this team needs at least 1 speed merchant ,preferably up front or out wide . Every good team has one , Armstrong yesterday was always an out ball which we now don’t have after the Bos departure.
                BOS?
                @gatorTFC

Comment

I was going to start a separate post about Barbet, but it fits in with what you are saying here.

For me Barbet has been a totally different player from about October onwards. He seems so much more assured having Dickie alongside him.
                  He has made countless last ditch tackless and defensive blocks recently. Whereas last season those would have resulted in countless penalties and bookings, this year it's adding up to more points on the board.

Dickie might be getting all the plaudits, but for me Barbet is the most improved player this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkranger View Post
                    I was going to start a separate post about Barbett, but it fits in with what you are saying here.

For me Barbett has been a totally different player from about October onwards. He seems so much more assured having Dickie alongside him.
                    He has made countless last ditch tackless and defensive blocks recently. Whereas last season those would have resulted in countless penalties and bookings, this year it's adding up to more points on the board.

Dickie might be getting all the plaudits, but for me Barbett is the most improved player this year.
                    Barbet is having a good season , he has benefited from Having a regular partner in Dickie .

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post

BOS?
                      Bright .

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Bright .
                        I'm certainly glad to see the back of him but he was our only real fast player, we miss that, not his attitude and #### poor crosses!
                        @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by Darkranger View Post
                          I was going to start a separate post about Barbett, but it fits in with what you are saying here.

For me Barbett has been a totally different player from about October onwards. He seems so much more assured having Dickie alongside him.

Dickie might be getting all the plaudits, but for me Barbett is the most improved player this year.
                          Agree with all of that, Barbet could always make a great long pass out of the back and was a threat on set pieces, his blunders however overshadowed that, he seems very settled now and as you and Stainrod point out it is due to having Dickie beside him on a regular basis, the 3 CB formation suits him as well!
                          @gatorTFC

Comment

I did a quick tot up, we have conceded 20 odd goals less than this time last year, but probably scored less too.
                            I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

The defence looks much better with 3 CBs and it suits Barbet too, just as it did last season before Warburton switched back to a four man defence.

Credit to Warburton for belatedly switching back and the coaching work he and his staff have put in. Of course having a good keeper like Dieng helps with providing confidence to the defenders.

Dickie, although a bit too slow, has a good defensive brain and can also play a bit to bring the ball out.

Kane has looked better too in recent games.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                                The defence looks much better with 3 CBs and it suits Barbet too, just as it did last season before Warburton switched back to a four man defence.

Credit to Warburton for belatedly switching back and the coaching work he and his staff have put in. Of course having a good keeper like Dieng helps with providing confidence to the defenders.

Dickie, although a bit too slow, has a good defensive brain and can also play a bit to bring the ball out.

Kane has looked better too in recent games.
                                Spot on.

QPR
                                Best team in the world
                                Sort of

Comment

Working...
                                X