Defence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defence

1 goal conceded from open play in 6 league games . That’s an amazing stat for a team that has conceded so many goals in the last 18 months . Credit goes to the manager and his coaches.

I think that coincides with the 3CB's working well together and much better play from the FB's/WB's, I like the way we have seen games out without it being a shooting gallery by playing too deep!
    @gatorTFC

Comment

Having a decent goal keeper helps them

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post
        Having a decent goal keeper helps them
        Agree Jeff , he made his first little fumble today but still managed 2 worldy saves , he’s a top keeper .

Comment

I wasn’t sure, but now after seeing a bit more of him, I’d say a Superior goalkeeper than Smithies.
          F*CK OFF CHELSEA WEST LONDON IS OURS!

Comment

Talking of our defence, who is going to be dropped for the new Dutch fella?

Comment

Originally posted by shanns View Post
              Nobody at the minute , they are doing everything asked of them .

Comment

Originally posted by shanns View Post
                Either Cameron or Barbett can be rested when is JdW ready, because he can play centre or on the left of a three.

Comment

Of that back 5 that played yesterday Dickie was the only one that cost a fee.If you compare that with some of the money that has been spent in this division that’s quite an achievement.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
                    Of that back 5 that played yesterday Dickie was the only one that cost a fee.If you compare that with some of the money that has been spent in this division that’s quite an achievement.
                    Great point that, we really have come a long way.
                    F*CK OFF CHELSEA WEST LONDON IS OURS!

Comment

100%. Shame that certain posters are quiet and will only resurface when we next lose!

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Quaff View Post
                        100%. Shame that certain posters are quiet and will only resurface when we next lose!
                        It’s always the way , a few weeks ago people wanted Les the board and the manager out .

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
                          Dare I say it plainly?

Its all down to the management team identifying good players and keeping to a tight budget whilst other teams are paying over the odds.

Comment

I think there will always be decent players available in defence and midfield. But I think this season had shown us that you have have pay the going rate for your strikers. Hopefully we can stick to 5-12k a week for defenders and midfielders but go to £25k a week for the strikers. Future sales of Dieng, Dickie and Chair should be able to fund those signings.

Comment

Credit where it's due , we are getting it together all over the pitch .I've always been undecided about MW but he seems to be going in the right direction

Comment

Working...
                              X