Dom ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dom ball

First half under no pressure gives ball away fouls deeney edge of box and gets away with it.

second half good drive for Austin shot then ####s it all up by giving ball away again under no pressure leading to corner pressure then goal

Originally posted by Rich View Post
    First half under no pressure gives ball away fouls deeney edge of box and gets away with it.

second half good drive for Austin shot then ####s it all up by giving ball away again under no pressure leading to corner pressure then goal
    He is what he is , I love his attitude but if Amos or Carrol are fit he probably doesn’t play .

Comment

It’s frustrating. He is exactly the kind of player you want to root for — all in, blood and guts — but every game he is slightly off on his passes and his decision making. Can that be fixed??

Comment

I think he is doing Ok and needs a run in the side - having someone like Johansson along side him will only help. At least he is trying to get in to positions to shoot.

Comment

He is far from perfect but a much needed dose of physicality required in our midfield, you can't fault his work rate and overall he does more good than bad IMHO, I much prefer him in that role than Cameron!
          @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
            He is far from perfect but a much needed dose of physicality required in our midfield, you can't fault his work rate and overall he does more good than bad IMHO, I much prefer him in that role than Cameron!
            Agree with you and 3London. I like Ball and his effort - he is better Cameron in the central midfield and with Johansen alongside him he should improve.

Comment

It's very worrying that he can suddenly mess up a simple pass or make an idiotic unnecessary foul. He does so much good stuff but these occasional "brainfarts" hugely undermine things.

If he was surrounded by good players maybe it wouldn't be so much of an issue but we have too many iffy players unfortunately. The lead up to the penalty was a comical perfect storm of 3 of our weaker players combining to create a mess..... Dom gives it away, Wallace spurns about 3 chances to clear his lines and Geoff arrives on scene 10minutes late with his challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post

I thought Dom had his best game for us the other night...

To be fair, how you could still be moaning after that performance is amazing.

Still, each to his own...

Comment

Originally posted by Hope & Faith View Post

I thought Dom had his best game for us the other night...

To be fair, how you could still be moaning after that performance is amazing.

Still, each to his own...
                  Rich is spot on. To not blame and pick up individual errors is extremely naive. Great result but he made some shocking errors. Hence probably the reasons why we have signed 2 centre midfielders. Him and Cameron always have 2 or 3 mistakes in them.
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I understand peoples views on Dom Ball, but what I like about him is if he makes a mistake, he doesn't hide. He always shows for the ball and makes himself available. He mostly looks to get on the front foot and drive forward.

Comment

I really like Dom Ball. You can tell he loves playing for QPR and gives his all every game he plays. Technically he’s not great but he’s definitely a player I’d like to keep around the squad. The good thing about him to is I’m pretty sure he could play CB or RB if needed.

Comment

I Hope he can learn as he does have the enthusiasam we need as a team, always seems to be pushing his team mates as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                          I really like Dom Ball. You can tell he loves playing for QPR and gives his all every game he plays. Technically he’s not great but he’s definitely a player I’d like to keep around the squad. The good thing about him to is I’m pretty sure he could play CB or RB if needed.
                          Yeah but that's a bit "Todd Kane" isn't it? Full back, out wide, midfield.... Will slot in anywhere and do a barely adequate job of it.

Comment

Our new Gavin Maguire??

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

Yeah but that's a bit "Todd Kane" isn't it? Full back, out wide, midfield.... Will slot in anywhere and do a barely adequate job of it.
                              I’ve only ever seen Todd Kane play right back or right wing back and he’s pony at both. Played well monday mind you but that’s once in a blue moon it seems like.

Comment

Working...
                              X