Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR V Fulham

Another Fulham game postponed today.

I can see Fulham forfeiting this tie or it will end up being an U23 squad on both side. If it goes ahead I can see each team giving away ten penalties each in an attempt to lose and get out of the draw for the next round.

Knowing our luck we'll probably do well and end up with even more games to play!

Knowing our luck, this will be the season we win the FA Cup, and it will go in the record books with an asterix next to it
    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
    Work Best When Open...
    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
      Knowing our luck, this will be the season we win the FA Cup, and it will go in the record books with an asterix next to it
      Yeah, the cup run that goes with relegation

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
        This is not going to happen. We will not win the cup. The way it works means that at some point you have to play another team and beat them you see. Worse still, I believe there are some additional rounds to negotiate even if we inexplicably beat another team and earn the right to advance to the next round. It's like the authorities have designed the competition purely to prevent us from winning it.

Comment

us and cup runs dont go together

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

This is not going to happen. We will not win the cup. The way it works means that at some point you have to play another team and beat them you see. Worse still, I believe there are some additional rounds to negotiate even if we inexplicably beat another team and earn the right to advance to the next round. It's like the authorities have designed the competition purely to prevent us from winning it.
            The referee did in 82, we should have had a penalty in the replay, cheating bar steward.
            I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post

The referee did in 82, we should have had a penalty in the replay, cheating bar steward.
              I always thought that was the case ( having been there) but only came across video footage of the game on YouTube recently. However, the ref had already given offside before the foul. Mind you, neither Brian Moore or Clough! Had a clue why Micklewhite’s first half “goal” was ruled out.

Comment

Was steaming drunk at the final and the replay so don't remember much

Comment

FA says that ties have to go ahead as long as you have 14 fit players.
                  So we will sufer the ignomy of geting knocked out of the cup by their academy players.

Comment

Originally posted by wortonranger View Post

I always thought that was the case ( having been there) but only came across video footage of the game on YouTube recently. However, the ref had already given offside before the foul. Mind you, neither Brian Moore or Clough! Had a clue why Micklewhite’s first half “goal” was ruled out.
                    I never understood why either and have always thought we were cheated out of it too. Just as we were with the league title in 76 with that dodgy game at Norwich ( their winner was offside and they should have had a player sent off for punching Bowles).

Comment

Originally posted by Pal View Post
                      FA says that ties have to go ahead as long as you have 14 fit players.
                      So we will sufer the ignomy of geting knocked out of the cup by their academy players.
                      Still that wont beat the shame of losing at home to Vauxhall bloody Motors work team.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                        Was steaming drunk at the final and the replay so don't remember much
                        How lucky were we to see QPR play in an FA cup final and replay .Football has changed so much , it probably won’t ever happen again in mine or my kids lifetime.The 86 milk cup final a few years later and that was our last major cup final .I don’t count play offs as cup finals as every Tom , Dick and Harry has played in them .

Comment

I cannot remember anything about the three matches at Wembley in 80s despite being there. I remember some argy-bargy with Spuds fans after the replay, first time I've seen anyone set on fire! As for Oxford, I can't recall seeing a single one of their fans after the game, maybe they were locked in for an hour?

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                            I cannot remember anything about the three matches at Wembley in 80s despite being there. I remember some argy-bargy with Spuds fans after the replay, first time I've seen anyone set on fire! As for Oxford, I can't recall seeing a single one of their fans after the game, maybe they were locked in for an hour?
                            Funny that I can remember more of the 82 finals than the 86 final . I think I have erased that day from my memory over time .I was in the lower tier of the terrace for first game , mainly Spurs down there with rangers in top terrace .We seemed to be heavily outnumbered in the first game . Replay I was in those benches down side of pitch and felt like we had much more support that night .we were excellent that night and should have won .

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post

I always thought this, I haven't watched it back so was unsure if it was my 13 year old rose tinted specs but I seem to recall that our player was still down in the penalty box when Spurs got awarded their match winning penalty at the other end.

Comment

Working...
                              X