No announcement yet.

QPR V Fulham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surely we can get out of this season on the basis that we can't possibly qualify under the definition of "Elite Sports"...just saying.

Comment

There is a rumour going round that any team that cancels due to Covid the game will be awarded to the other team, not sure they'll have the balls to do it though

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
        There is a rumour going round that any team that cancels due to Covid the game will be awarded to the other team, not sure they'll have the balls to do it though
        If that's true, with a bit of luck we can reach the final.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
          I cannot remember anything about the three matches at Wembley in 80s despite being there. I remember some argy-bargy with Spuds fans after the replay, first time I've seen anyone set on fire! As for Oxford, I can't recall seeing a single one of their fans after the game, maybe they were locked in for an hour?
          I spent 1st half in the bar , my dad paid 5 times face value for ticket from one of the players ( won't mention him). Never told the old man though . Rates as one of my happiest memories when the equaliser went in the place went up

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Funny that I can remember more of the 82 finals than the 86 final . I think I have erased that day from my memory over time .I was in the lower tier of the terrace for first game , mainly Spurs down there with rangers in top terrace .We seemed to be heavily outnumbered in the first game . Replay I was in those benches down side of pitch and felt like we had much more support that night .we were excellent that night and should have won .
            Yes. We only had the upper terrace in first game - bottom terrace seemed mixed, but mostly Spuds. I was in upper terrace but didn't see anything kicking off in the mixed bit of terrace you were in below. We seemed to have the whole upper and lower terrace for the replay, deffo more Rs there on the Thursday night and deffo more rowdier.

Didnt Oxford return 15000ish tickets for 85 that we ended up getting and selling? Meant there were officially 45000 Rs fans there which was quoted as a record for official sales to one team at a Wembley cup final at the time. What a shambles of a performance though.... en route we'd knocked out two recent-ish European Cup winners (Forest and Liverpool) and also Chelsea. Pretty sure Oxford only played one top flight team in their run to final so it seemed they'd be lambs to the slaughter in terms of form.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

Yes. We only had the upper terrace in first game - bottom terrace seemed mixed, but mostly Spuds. I was in upper terrace but didn't see anything kicking off in the mixed bit of terrace you were in below. We seemed to have the whole upper and lower terrace for the replay, deffo more Rs there on the Thursday night and deffo more rowdier.

Didnt Oxford return 15000ish tickets for 85 that we ended up getting and selling? Meant there were officially 45000 Rs fans there which was quoted as a record for official sales to one team at a Wembley cup final at the time. What a shambles of a performance though.... en route we'd knocked out two recent-ish European Cup winners (Forest and Liverpool) and also Chelsea. Pretty sure Oxford only played one top flight team in their run to final so it seemed they'd be lambs to the slaughter in terms of form.
              I was up at Anfield for the 2nd leg of that semi final v Liverpool in 86. We stopped them doing the treble that year , we thought we only had to turn up to pick the trophy up after that .The rest as they say is history.

Comment

I was so confident of a great day at Wembley I flew over to watch my very first live QPR match for the Milk Cup Final in 86, it didn't work out too well and Rangers have made sure my life is full of disappointment ever since! The Wembley win in 2014 was great and almost seemed to make all of the other heartaches go away! I remember there weren't many Oxford fans there, it was mostly QPR, we seemed over confident as a team and a fan base!
                @gatorTFC

Comment

The game will be shown live on BBC iPlayer and BBC Sports App.

Comment

Working...
                  X