Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
    That’s a load of bull.

I praised them for a more attacking 1st half against Cardiff and also for not letting their heads drop when going behind against Watford and deserving to win that game.

I am not going to apologise for not being a ‘fan’ who is going to post “I fancy us to win this game’ knowing all too well how that is very unlikely . For example a trip to Blackburn or Forest is almost always likely to be another defeat.

I feel that some fans just make themselves look foolish when being over optimistic about their team’s chances.
    Blind hope in my case. I always hope for the best but that seems to come crashing down very quickly into the games of late!

Comment

MARK Warburton gave a very frank and honest assessment of his team’s performance following QPR’s 2-0 defeat at Huddersfield Town.

Josh Koroma gave the Terriers the lead after just four minutes while Harry Toffolo added a second just before the break.

There was no further damage done, but Warburton conceded the loss could have been far heavier on a day when the R’s were unable to get their usual creative juices flowing.

It was a disappointing afternoon,” said the QPR boss.

“We were second best right across the park for the full 90 minutes. We conceded a soft early goal after four minutes, letting their player come inside onto his strong foot. It was a great finish but we made it far too easy for him.

“And overall, we just looked heavy-legged.”

In the midst of a tough number of fixtures, this was Rangers’ fifth game in a fortnight and Warburton admitted: “We were lacklustre, second to the ball too many times and lost too many duels.

“You can have a rant and a rave at the players but the fact is they have been very good of late, but today wasn’t a good day.

“There is no point me sitting here and saying otherwise. We could have been 3-0 down at half time, easily.

“Sometimes we are very good and cut teams open. Today we were the recipients of that. We just looked off the pace all over the park.”

Asked if there were any plusses from the performance, Warburton said: “There were no positives to take. We came here and we lost 2-0. There were no real positives.”

Lyndon Dykes came off at half-time and the R’s gaffer explained: “Please don’t make Lyndon to be a scapegoat – I could have made seven or eight changes at the break.

“Lyndon has had so much football of late, playing for Scotland as well as ourselves. He just looked leggy today.

“What we have to do now is rest, recover well and prepare for a reaction at Millwall on Tuesday night.”

There better be the mother of reactions on Tuesday !!

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Blind hope in my case. I always hope for the best but that seems to come crashing down very quickly into the games of late!
        I always hope for and want the best, but I post what my head says and not from the heart.

Last season we had very good attacking players but a shocking defence (they are not necessarily bad defenders just badly coached imo).

We had a similar issue under Ramsey, but then Warnock took charge and those dame defenders kept 3 clean sheets and only conceded 1 goal - a last minute penalty.

We now have lesser quality attackers and need to change tactics to suit them and MW may not be the man to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Think what you like , I am really pi$$ed off at how the club is going.

I wrote them off because of the way they had been playing prior to the Cardiff game. Had they continued in that vein they would have lost those games or at best picked up a draw or two. Yet for some reason they changed their approach and attacked from the off, as they did against Bristol City. Saturday was back to those earlier performances. I think it is actually quite sad that you can’t see this and think that Saturdays game is the one that you want to see a reaction from.

I want QPR to be better than a lower half Championship club that lacks any real ambition.

The truth is that MW is not a particularly good coach/manager and his stats at this level show that.

I think he lacks tactical knowledge and certainly struggles to change things around. He is like a lot of other coaches who think that tippy tappy possession football is the way forward. Having 65-70% possession doesn’t win matches, shots on target do.

He managed a 13th place finish last season only because of Eze, Wells Hugill BOS and Chair were good attackers. Now with just the latter 2 left the dodgy defending MW is known for is costing the club points and is likely to see us drop into the bottom 3 before too long.
          I was willing to give him a chance, but I will move him on now. Sadly, I feel you summed him well up in those two paragraphs, but escaping relegation is the most important thing now.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Working...
          X