Bye Bye Mark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shania View Post

Ok, I`m not sure he means it that way, but I surely respect youre take at it!
    We all want our team to succeed but I think some fans put their cards on the table to early and become entrenched in their predictions. If you predict 1 point from a run of 6 games and the team get 10 , you look stupid and feel the need to keep defending your stance .I hope we get a big reaction from the team in the run up to Xmas , if not Warbs is in big trouble .As a fan I won’t take any pleasure from that but I accept that’s how it works.

Comment

WTF? Is this for real? It was established some 11 months that Warburton was THE RIGHT MAN FOR THE JOB. His record/performance has been consistent throughout his tenure and one could possibly make a case that he's tightened us up at the back as we have conceded nearly 50% less goals compared to this stage last season.
      Anyway, stats and results are irrelevant - this is Mark Warburton we're discussing, THE RIGHT MAN FOR THE JOB so his position as gaffer is 100% assured for the entirety of his contract. Talking of which, the hierarchy should get MW tied down for another 15 years ASAP - it worries me he's out of contract in June, he could be offski and we'd be left with a no-mark like
      Pearson, Evett, Barton, Cook, Ainsworth, Gracia at the helm. How scarey would that be?????

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
        WTF? Is this for real? It was established some 11 months that Warburton was THE RIGHT MAN FOR THE JOB. His record/performance has been consistent throughout his tenure and one could possibly make a case that he's tightened us up at the back as we have conceded nearly 50% less goals compared to this stage last season.
        Anyway, stats and results are irrelevant - this is Mark Warburton we're discussing, THE RIGHT MAN FOR THE JOB so his position as gaffer is 100% assured for the entirety of his contract. Talking of which, the hierarchy should get MW tied down for another 15 years ASAP - it worries me he's out of contract in June, he could be offski and we'd be left with a no-mark like
        Pearson, Evett, Barton, Cook, Ainsworth, Gracia at the helm. How scarey would that be?????
        It would be nice for a change for the club not to be paying 2 managers at once , which we have been doing over the last few seasons but that would mean keeping hold of a manager for a year or 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

We all want our team to succeed but I think some fans put their cards on the table to early and become entrenched in their predictions. If you predict 1 point from a run of 6 games and the team get 10 , you look stupid and feel the need to keep defending your stance .I hope we get a big reaction from the team in the run up to Xmas , if not Warbs is in big trouble .As a fan I won’t take any pleasure from that but I accept that’s how it works.
          I see what you mean, but even long term I fear that Warburton will not be able to come up with a plan B. That is what concerns me and some others I think.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post

I see what you mean, but even long term I fear that Warburton will not be able to come up with a plan B. That is what concerns me and some others I think.
            Plan B us quite simple - launch it long to the big man Dykes. Why not be more direct when tippy tappy football isnt working?

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Plan B us quite simple - launch it long to the big man Dykes. Why not be more direct when tippy tappy football isnt working?
              Rotherham did that to us and caused quite a few squeaky bum moments in the last 20 minutes of that game.
              Not pretty nor attractive, but when all else fails; why not?
              Minds Are Like Parachutes.
              Work Best When Open...
              @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Yep plan b could easily be play Dykes and Bonne together and get crosses in .

Comment

It really is that simple isn't it.
                  We've got some pace on the wings too, turn their defence.

Comment

Yep plan b could easily be play Dykes and Bonne together and get crosses in .
                    This.......why won't he try it?
                    Instead of dying weekly on the same hill of pretty but inaffective football

Comment

I partly agree, but Warburton refuses to change anything when plan A doesnt work.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

The probelem is Warburton has dabbled with the team, an addition here and there. If he was a good manager he would have built a team - typically from the back but he hasn't. The questions is why not? Was it that he was "given" players and told to get on with it, or has he chosen players to build "his" type of team? All we know is that in short periods of a game we have looked fantastic but largely we cant string passes together and lose through defending that embarasses us? My vote is to give him until Chistmas. If we are bottom six then time to change.

Comment

To be honest Stan you had written the team off before we took 10 points off Cardiff , Rotherham Derby and Watford .Remember the Hard Run Thread , you predicted nothing . You say a good 40 mins v Bristol City but don’t mention the Brentford performance where we were very good and they should have been down to 10 men .We were bad yesterday but it feels like you get off on criticism off the team , that’s pretty sad as a so called fan .
                          Think what you like , I am really pi$$ed off at how the club is going.

I wrote them off because of the way they had been playing prior to the Cardiff game. Had they continued in that vein they would have lost those games or at best picked up a draw or two. Yet for some reason they changed their approach and attacked from the off, as they did against Bristol City. Saturday was back to those earlier performances. I think it is actually quite sad that you can’t see this and think that Saturdays game is the one that you want to see a reaction from.

I want QPR to be better than a lower half Championship club that lacks any real ambition.

The truth is that MW is not a particularly good coach/manager and his stats at this level show that.

I think he lacks tactical knowledge and certainly struggles to change things around. He is like a lot of other coaches who think that tippy tappy possession football is the way forward. Having 65-70% possession doesn’t win matches, shots on target do.

He managed a 13th place finish last season only because of Eze, Wells Hugill BOS and Chair were good attackers. Now with just the latter 2 left the dodgy defending MW is known for is costing the club points and is likely to see us drop into the bottom 3 before too long.

Comment

Yes it would be a plan b but what did he do on Saturday, he just swapped them as he has done a few times already this season.

Of course having them both on the pitch at the same time but not getting the ball played towards them is pretty much pointless as has also happened.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

This.......why won't he try it?
                              Instead of dying weekly on the same hill of pretty but inaffective football
                              Maybe because he is either too stubborn or just doesn’t get it or he has blind faith that it will be alright on the night.

Comment

I don’t question that , everyone is entitled to their views . My point is he constantly predicts doom and gloom , it’s as if he doesn’t want the team to succeed so he can say I told you so . He doesn’t even give credit when the team win or play well . I think that’s sad .
                                That’s a load of bull.

I praised them for a more attacking 1st half against Cardiff and also for not letting their heads drop when going behind against Watford and deserving to win that game.

I am not going to apologise for not being a ‘fan’ who is going to post “I fancy us to win this game’ knowing all too well how that is very unlikely . For example a trip to Blackburn or Forest is almost always likely to be another defeat.

I feel that some fans just make themselves look foolish when being over optimistic about their team’s chances.

Comment

Working...
                                X