Lack of learning from mistakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lack of learning from mistakes

After totally coc king my birthday up yesterday night and the performance was totally unacceptable I said in the match thread I wasn't sure what the answer is regarding Warburton. On one hand he's having to play Kakay Niko and Dickie all with a erratic Barbet. Not much experience at the back with Wallace out injured even when he's fit he's a Total liability as well.

The discipline and game management is abysmal and this is my biggest issue we can't defend its as simple as that last season we conceded way to many and this season bar a pathetic forest side we have looked woeful. You can throw in well we signed a fair few and need to gel yep appreciate that but they train 5 days a week but look at the facts we concede to easily from set pieces and we are lucky to have 2 or 3 shots on goal a game lately.

After the game Warburton is right Dickie error total changed the game and he's correct but in the 26 minutes when totally on top we still created sod all Adomah did offer more of a threat out wide than Bos as he has the ability to cross a ball. Then going back to Bos has he fell out with Warbs ? I wouldn't sign a new deal and im Rs through and through.

Even with Rose tinted glasses on last night would of looked pathetic at best and genuinely im still not convinced switching manager again will help the quality in the squad is possibly lower league 1 or do you look and think a manager thats better drilled would tighten us up I just look at most and feel that the overall ability is not there to play in this division and for that reason I don't see the point in paying another manager off.

The lack of experience is this squad is low Tom Carroll is 28 and played 160 ish games say he started at 18 he's only played say 16 a season on average. I know he was getting on Pugh but he's joined frigging Shrewsbury for the rest of the season. Has the club gone down the route of hoping 3 worse teams are in this league as im not convinced were not one of them this season.

Ive still no idea how we can improve because to improve you have to learn from mistakes and as a side we keep making the simple mistakes that are the basics in football you learn from youth and that is Warbs biggest issue.

I think the team have no faith in the tactics or manager.
    We pass the ball around in front of teams literally every game, then fall behind.
    Then the opposition continue to let us play in front of them and pick us off when they get the opportunity to break.
    Maybe to play this way as Warbs will continue to do, we have to put another man in mf.
    Beyond that I dunno. Glasgow Rangers fans on twitter saying it's like de ja vue watching us, or seeing our results.

Comment

After the ponderous play in the previous games, everyone was calling for us to move the ball forward quicker, so what do we do? hump the ball up to Dykes.

Dykes is not a target man, he didn't win any ariel battles last night.

What we wanted was to move the ball quicker along the floor, not just give possession straight back.

Comment

The manager called for the ball to be played more direct too.
        I don't see why we don't play the ball into the channels, and have the opposition defence facing their own goal.
        Not talking about Wimbledon style, just forwards making runs

Comment

Originally posted by Pal View Post
          After the ponderous play in the previous games, everyone was calling for us to move the ball forward quicker, so what do we do? hump the ball up to Dykes.

Dykes is not a target man, he didn't win any ariel battles last night.

What we wanted was to move the ball quicker along the floor, not just give possession straight back.
          To be fair up until Dickie got carded we played sonnet nice stuff but the harsh reality is we do sod all where it counts

Dykes needs it to his chest that stands out and feed from there Bonne no idea what he will offer but can’t #### him off he’s had 4 games yeah he’s missed a sitter but don’t they all. But the pattern of play is just filled with repetitive errors and that needs sorting

Comment

Therein lies the problem. We play some nice football, but it is totally toothless in the final third of the pitch. At the back , there are errors waiting to be made. Opposing teams know how we will play and press us into making a mistake and then sit back and pick us off on the counter attack. We are just so predictable.

As Pal says, we need to move the ball forward quicker, but along the ground to the wide players and those capable of running with the ball.

Comment

We have decent wide players but no one in the middle of the pitch who can run with the ball and get into the box. We just play sideways and hope our wingers get to the byline and get a cross in, then hope for the best. Carroll, amos, ball, Cameron, all can pass the ball 10 yards, but none can run with it or play a one, two. None get themselves in the box so none are a goal threat.

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
                We have decent wide players but no one in the middle of the pitch who can run with the ball and get into the box. We just play sideways and hope our wingers get to the byline and get a cross in, then hope for the best. Carroll, amos, ball, Cameron, all can pass the ball 10 yards, but none can run with it or play a one, two. None get themselves in the box so none are a goal threat.
                I agree. It seems to be the new way of playing football, where players just pass the ball rather than run with it at players. Perhaps Willock can dribble with the ball.

Comment

Why is it that we/others don't dribble up field more, press the opposing defense more, instead of making longer passes that -- frankly -- most of our players are unable to do in any consistent fashion?

Comment

Working...
                  X