No announcement yet.

Serious question re Warbs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we had been allowed to attend last Saturday we'd of all walked away buzzing , we are going to lose, win ,draw lose etc this season . The players jumping on eachother showed me they cared . As long as warbs can keep them going to the end , busting a gut and fighting he will do . This isn't going to be a season we can challenge maybe next year . Look at reading no one would of thought they would top the league ,, don't think they have any big stars but they getting it together on the pitch bar the cov result

Comment

It was a great result in the end and one we all really needed especially Warburton. Hopefully it builds some confidence and the players can kick on from here... COYRS!!

Comment

Warburton's contract is up in the summer. I dunno how these things work but I'd assume there'd now be some preliminary informal meetings between Warburton and the hierarchy. There's no way on earth they would firmly commit to more Warburton at this juncture - I suspect they'd want to see as much of this season as possible before weighing up if Warburton deserves another year (or more). Be interesting few months I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
          Warburton's contract is up in the summer. I dunno how these things work but I'd assume there'd now be some preliminary informal meetings between Warburton and the hierarchy. There's no way on earth they would firmly commit to more Warburton at this juncture - I suspect they'd want to see as much of this season as possible before weighing up if Warburton deserves another year (or more). Be interesting few months I think.
          First thing they'll do is check if Olly is available.

Comment

I’d be waiting until January to see how this squad gels . I think he’s done ok considering the upheaval this club has gone through over the last few seasons .The board may well say thanks but we want to take it in a different direction .

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

First thing they'll do is check if Olly is available.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
                I’d be waiting until January to see how this squad gels . I think he’s done ok considering the upheaval this club has gone through over the last few seasons .The board may well say thanks but we want to take it in a different direction .
                And make the same mistake all over again.

As we get close to stability and the manager's job profile is near complete, we think there's someone else better out there who can "take us to the next level". It would be Warnock and Olly all over again.

Let MW have the luxury of working with a settled squad that he and the trusted backroom staff have worked so hard to create. He deserves that and another manager would only want to churn players around and still have to work within the same financial constraints.

Extend their contract to the end of 21/22 then see where we are.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

And make the same mistake all over again.

As we get close to stability and the manager's job profile is near complete, we think there's someone else better out there who can "take us to the next level". It would be Warnock and Olly all over again.

Let MW have the luxury of working with a settled squad that he and the trusted backroom staff have worked so hard to create. He deserves that and another manager would only want to churn players around and still have to work within the same financial constraints.

Extend their contract to the end of 21/22 then see where we are.
                  I hear what your saying sheep but just look how this message board went into meltdown leading up to the Cardiff game .Imagine there is no improvement by January, the natives would be restless and boards throw their long term projects out the window .

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

I hear what your saying sheep but just look how this message board went into meltdown leading up to the Cardiff game .Imagine there is no improvement by January, the natives would be restless and boards throw their long term projects out the window .
                    I think that would be such a shame. Yes, improvements are needed that may not get sorted until the summer transfer window. The structure is there to get it right for 21/22 and that's when MW should be judged. We've gone this far.

I think we'll do enough this season and the same points finish in the 55-60 range will be great with the changes made. The team seems to be with the manager so fingers crossed.

Hopefully the Board will be strong and they let the man finish his job. If we're not pushing for the play off in 21/22 then change in that Jan window.

Comment

• Team starting to gel.

Comment

• Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                        Team starting to gel.
                        Looking that way sheep , no silly mistakes , clean sheet and away win ,
                        Last edited by WeAreQPR12; 06-11-2020, 09:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

If the board are taking any notice of those bobshi$es then we are in trouble as a club. Half of them won't even pay a tenner to watch the games, but reckon they know it all

Comment

Working...
                          X