Clear All

• Latest for new Stadium

https://www.mylondon.news/news/west-...could-19067462

Dragging on n on n on

No point with no fans allowed

Comment

Originally posted by hoopsmanjake View Post
      No point with no fans allowed
      A perfect spot for large scale musical gigs drugs crime of various sorts yeah the scrubs a great spot ,
      cant see the the residents of the surrounding Area's thinking thinking its a great idea

Comment

The stadium was always going to drag on, if we are realistic here? If the Car Giant owner wasnt a massive ####, and TF licked his #### more at the time then this may have been different.

But the reality is London, especially W12, is limited to space! So, we either move out the borough or take our time with it?

I'd rather stay as close to LR as we can personally.

Comment

That bit of Scrubs is absolutely perfect location in my view. Any location will result in a load of protests from the locals but if you draw a circle with a half-mile radius around Linford Christie Stadium there aren't that many private homes within that circle - you'd have to go miles away to find anywhere as sparsely populated. Fact there is already a stadium there must give it an enormous leg-up in terms of planning, it's not like trying to develop some ancient wood that has a colony of rare beetles living in it.

Comment

We need to stay where we are , buy the surrounding houses . I'm sure if there was somewhere to build on we would of done it by now . If need be offer the home owners double the price for their homes

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
              We need to stay where we are , buy the surrounding houses . I'm sure if there was somewhere to build on we would of done it by now . If need be offer the home owners double the price for their homes
              It could work, maybe, but one of the reasons QPR need a new ground is to have more commercial use from it and they need to have more parking space for that. I am not sure the local streets can provide that.

Comment

Oh, come on - it aint Anfield where you could buy whole street for £200K. Cost of buying relevant houses in Loftus/Ellerslie Road would run to 100s of £millions, Then the residents in Ethelden/Abdale Road would moan about a stadium looming at bottom of their gardens. It's a total non-starter to do anything with KPF.

Comment

This would have been done year ago..

Parking and space is huge, this wouldn't be ideal.

Comment

Yeah, we coukd move, increase revenue, get to the premier league and we could afford to pay players £200k a week!! F.. that, stay where we are, accept what we are and bring players through to break even when sold. Being a solid well run and championship club is fine by me.

I think we are a type of boutique club - I'm sure I've heard that before?

Comment

Move it to Cornwall......

We could be CPR .....a club that gets your heart beating!

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                        Move it to Cornwall......

We could be CPR .....a club that gets your heart beating!

Comment

I remember the days when we got 27,000 thru the door we had no parking problems then in-between Uxbridge and goldhawk rds plenty of parking . Along hammersmith grove loads of parking . Lots of tube stations and buses . Anything is do able . We've now been talking about moving for years and nothings happened

Comment

I remember the days when we got 27,000 thru the door we had no parking problems then in-between Uxbridge and goldhawk rds plenty of parking . Along hammersmith grove loads of parking . Lots of tube stations and buses . Anything is do able . We've now been talking about moving for years and nothings happened
                            Yeah but we all lived round the corner then and walked there or hopped on tube. The great Rs diaspora is scattered nationwide now and we are a nation of car-addicted fatties. Let's not beat about the bush, the seats at KPF simply aren't wide enough for the modern stoutly proportioned fan. Frankly, our capacity should be more like 13000 but we shoehorn 17000 in by dint of having child-sized seats.
                            Trust me, when we finally move to a nice posh 21st century stadium everyone will go FFS why did we put up with that shoebox for past quarter of a century?????

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

Yeah but we all lived round the corner then and walked there or hopped on tube. The great Rs diaspora is scattered nationwide now and we are a nation of car-addicted fatties. Let's not beat about the bush, the seats at KPF simply aren't wide enough for the modern stoutly proportioned fan. Frankly, our capacity should be more like 13000 but we shoehorn 17000 in by dint of having child-sized seats.
                              Trust me, when we finally move to a nice posh 21st century stadium everyone will go FFS why did we put up with that shoebox for past quarter of a century?????
                              Agree with u about the seats sat in SAR had a seat change and couldn't put my knees anywhere . I'm just under 6ft so it must be painful for taller fans

Comment

Working...
                              X