Lumley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
    There were rumours that Brum were after a back up keeper and Lumley was linked. Might be time for a clean break and might be out pending a transfer? I havent heard that we're looking to extend his deal which is expiring next summer.

Personally I think Lumley is a great keeper but a £1m bid from Brum might reluctantly be accepted.
    I think they was but have brought in a couple of keepers

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post

I don’t think he was applying about anything you said Dave, the subject was about Lumley & it turned into something else about cocks, I agree with him
      Oh right, yes so do I then, tbf.
      Apologies Davie, misunderstood your post.
      I thought it was bit ....... unlike this fella to be having a pop at me.
      He would I feel tell me straight, he seems the type to not beat around the bush

Comment

Can the team seriously entertain extending Lumley on a multi-year contract like similarly mediocre keeper Kelly?

Deng may be the real thing; give him a full go. Lumley? Let him go. He has not improved at all in the past two seasons. The jury is in.

Comment

There is a good goalkeeper somewhere in Lumley but for his own sake I think he needs to move away from Rangers and get a fresh start. He is a decent keeper BUT has made far too many individual mistakes in the last 2 seasons and unfortunately keeps making the same ones, last week he got lucky with his misplaced pass straight to the forward but that must be a dozen times that has happened since the start of last season. All keepers make mistakes but you have to learn from them and sadly Joe isn’t.

Comment

Funnily enough I was out last night and bumped into both Joe Lumley and Ryan Manning at the ship in Wandsworth. We were talking about the game yesterday and asked why he wasn’t in the squad. He went on to say that it’s down to his new contract and also Seny impressing. Also spoke about how 2 seasons ago he was a fans favourite and now he’s almost like a villain. He couldn’t say more that Manning is the best full back in the league and the stats don’t lie. Two nice boys who both gave me and my friend the time of day to have a quick 5 minute chat.

Comment

I really struggle to believe anyone would take Lumley off us AND pay a fee too? Still, never look a gift horse in the mouth - if it's true it's great news for all sides.

Comment

There were rumours that Brum were after a back up keeper and Lumley was linked. Might be time for a clean break and might be out pending a transfer? I havent heard that we're looking to extend his deal which is expiring next summer.

Personally I think Lumley is a great keeper but a £1m bid from Brum might reluctantly be accepted.
                A decent long term prospect ok, but he isn`t a great keeper, is he? How do you back that statement up??
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post

A decent long term prospect ok, but he isn`t a great keeper, is he? How do you back that statement up??
                  Sarcasm by trying to promote his abilities to justify a £1m fee I quoted. We can but dream....

Comment

Sarcasm by trying to promote his abilities to justify a £1m fee I quoted. We can but dream....

Ok, and I think he need a fresh start somewhere else.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

Breadman says anyone in contract dispute will probably not play, that the club are not having players walking away for nothing anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by OB1 View Post
                        Funnily enough I was out last night and bumped into both Joe Lumley and Ryan Manning at the ship in Wandsworth. We were talking about the game yesterday and asked why he wasn’t in the squad. He went on to say that it’s down to his new contract and also Seny impressing. Also spoke about how 2 seasons ago he was a fans favourite and now he’s almost like a villain. He couldn’t say more that Manning is the best full back in the league and the stats don’t lie. Two nice boys who both gave me and my friend the time of day to have a quick 5 minute chat.
                        Good for them. I have a tremendous amount of sympathy for Lumley, he has made mistakes, but his treatment by some of our so called "fans" has been appalling. He would benefit from going out on loan, but it looks as if his time may be up. I hope he goes on to prove people wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkranger View Post

Good for them. I have a tremendous amount of sympathy for Lumley, he has made mistakes, but his treatment by some of our so called "fans" has been appalling. He would benefit from going out on loan, but it looks as if his time may be up. I hope he goes on to prove people wrong.
                          Is an odd one. In his first full season he did make the odd mistake but overall was solid, got 16 clean sheets in the league and was linked with moves away up to £5m. However has not worked for him since and a fresh start may benefit him.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkranger View Post

Bloke has never had a strong and stable (Teressa May line) back four in front of him or defensive midfielder. It must be hard for him to confident in his back line and them to have trust in him. It must have got to the point where everyone is pointing fingers ar everyone else. If he can get a move and start afresh it must be the best option for everyone concerned. Like all of the defence he's made individuals errors too; but more than those in front of him I doubt.

Comment

Bloke has never had a strong and stable (Teressa May line) back four in front of him or defensive midfielder. It must be hard for him to confident in his back line and them to have trust in him. It must have got to the point where everyone is pointing fingers ar everyone else. If he can get a move and start afresh it must be the best option for everyone concerned. Like all of the defence he's made individuals errors too; but more than those in front of him I doubt.
                              I’m not sure sheep , he’s been poor for a long time and had more than enough chances . There is an argument to say if our defence is so poor he should have been taking the limelight and making plenty of saves as he’s been so busy but it’s just soft goal after soft goal .

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

I’m not sure sheep , he’s been poor for a long time and had more than enough chances . There is an argument to say if our defence is so poor he should have been taking the limelight and making plenty of saves as he’s been so busy but it’s just soft goal after soft goal .
                                If the club have the same view as you then this contract discussion soundbite is complete bs. They must be looking to loan him out or sell him and we'll run with Dieng and Kelly. We don't need three keepers and if two are injuries we can pick up one on an emergency loan.

Comment

Working...
                                X