X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stainrod
    replied
    Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
    If you cant jump around at even small successes then what's the point? I cant imagine being on a permanent downer about QPR, if there's no enjoyment in it, it's better to walk away.

I'm realistic on where we are, but those rose tinted glasses come out very quickly at any glimmer that we've turned a corner.
    Don’t get carried away with the wins and don’t get to down with the losses , and you’ll be fine .

Leave a comment:

• LoftusRoadLad
    replied
    MARK Warburton was a satisfied man after seeing his QPR side overcome Nottingham Forest at Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium.

Second-half goals from Lyndon Dykes (penalty) and Ilias Chair sealed a 2-0 win for the R’s, and Warburton said: “It was a very tough first game of the season.

“We faced a very talented side, they have lot of riches on the pitch and on the bench as well so we knew we were going to face a team with a lot of quality.

We had to show a lot of commitment, togetherness and quality, as well as making sure we stuck to the game plan which the players did well.

“We looked good all afternoon so I am really pleased with the performance.”

Warburton was delighted with individual displays across the park, adding: “Rob Dickie at the back with his physicality, range of passing and technical ability was hugely impressive.

“Then Lyndon Dykes, the work rate from him today was outstanding. Again, the physicality, the cleverness in his play was fantastic.

“Tom Carroll today was fantastic, after suffering seven months with an injury. We know he is a Premier League performer and throughout the 70 minutes he was on the pitch he showed his quality.

“All over the park we were great today, I am missing no one out, there were a lot of really talented performances.”

The Rangers boss was also delighted to see his team keep the talented Forest attacking lineup at bay, adding: “The clean sheet is very rewarding, the defenders stood up today.

“If you concede a lot of goals, rightly so the criticism comes your way, but the only way to improve is to work hard on the training pitch and keep those clean sheets.

“So today to make all of those first contacts, pick up second balls and then play, don’t just hike it forward, play, and we did that and we looked dangerous.

“Lyndon gave us a great outlet up front, Bright with his pace also gives us a great outlet so overall, I thought it was a deserved win against a very good team.”

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news...orest-triumph/

Leave a comment:

• SheepRanger
    replied
    If you cant jump around at even small successes then what's the point? I cant imagine being on a permanent downer about QPR, if there's no enjoyment in it, it's better to walk away.

I'm realistic on where we are, but those rose tinted glasses come out very quickly at any glimmer that we've turned a corner.

Leave a comment:

• Jeffqpr
    replied
    Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
    It seems like some posters are conspicuous by their absence tonight , would it be the same if we got beat ?
    Probably Staines, I’m sure some on here want us to fail & then #### off Les & co, must say that result surprised me but played well & new signings done very well

Leave a comment:

• lincoln ranger
    replied
    Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
    It seems like some posters are conspicuous by their absence tonight , would it be the same if we got beat ?
    Happy to eat humble pie mate, did not see that result coming! Congrats to the team and the management for a solid all round performance. Kakay and Barbet outstanding. Long may it continue. Come on you R’rs!

Leave a comment:

• Stainrod
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Undecided
    replied
    Originally posted by shanns View Post
    Why are Reading above us?
    They're not on the Beeb tables

Leave a comment:

• shanns
    replied
    Why are Reading above us?

Leave a comment:

• 72bus
    replied
    well done rangers , clean sheet brilliant

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    What a win!! Great, QPR!!

Leave a comment:

• Abseits
    replied
    Very good performance that! Exactly the gritty team effort we need to put in week-by-week, maybe not as pretty as many of last season's games but a win AND a clean sheet is an immense step forward in my view. Must be weird playing games in a sterile bubble, not just the matches, but the the training and lead up too so well done to everyone at the club for being in a position to turn in such a compelling and effective performance!

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied
    Originally posted by gator View Post

Happy Birthday! I hope the rest of your day goes as well as the match did, I'm sure I am not alone in appreciation of you posting match threads!
    I have great admiration for lad........ the way a man of his age has grasped the internet age.
    Not bad is it, for a ww1 vet?!!

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied
    Originally posted by gator View Post

He was ok, isolated on the wing at times, they were well aware of his danger, he made a couple of nice runs at their backline, there were 2 plays I remember where he probably took the wrong option in trying to shoot from a bad angle instead of a cross through the face of the goal, overall he looked alright though!
    As long as he looked like he could be arsed

Leave a comment:

• Ronnie Rangers
    replied
    Happy Birthday Loftus Lad, enjoy what you do and do what you enjoy.

Leave a comment:

• Qprtanpa1
    replied
    The biggest signing we need, ASAP is another striker. Would LOVE for BOS to stay, but assuming he doesn't we are extremely thin at the front. Smyth is decent but not yet an everyday starter. Oteh needs to be loaned out; no upside there this season. Shodipo is still trying to emulate BOS but he's got a ways to go. Dykes is going to be amazing, but if he gets injured at any point (or has to serve a yellow card suspension) then what?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X