X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stainrod
    replied
    Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

12 teams finished above us (if you include the relegated sides). Most of those have not depleted their squads the way QPR have done. Of those that finished below many have strengthened not weakened. Perhaps you should take that into account.

At this rate QPR are without doubt a bottom 8 side. I doubt that can be dressed up with any credibility. Unless of course Thomas is a wonder kid that somehow Leicester did not notice, Dickie is another top defender in the making and Dykes will smash up this league like Mitrovic or Watkins.
    Who have we lost from our last game of last season ? Hugil , Eze , Rangel , Leistner . Of which Eze is going to be hard to replace , Hugil replaced by Dykes , Rangel was to old to keep and the emergence of Kakay with Kane as cover is enough and Leistner hadn’t kicked a ball for us in 6 months .Yes we need a few in but we haven’t been as decimated as you make out .

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    Smyth can play alongside Dykes if needs be. Short term option..

Leave a comment:

• stanistheman
    replied
    Originally posted by lincoln ranger View Post

Whatever! No point arguing with you. You will always wear your rose tinted specs. All I’m saying is players we have released/sold/lost haven’t been replaced, so how can we expect to compete at the same level? Business should have been completed before the first game is my point, and we are all entitled to our own opinion, that’s democracy!
    Can't argue with that really.
    We all knew that Eze would be sold for at least an 8 figure fee, and imo spent some of that in advance in order to build a stronger squads that would be ready and gelled by now.

Leave a comment:

• SheepRanger
    replied
    2-2
    Dykes, Manning.

Leave a comment:

• stanistheman
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post
    We are leaving it late to get a striker in for Saturday, got until midday tomorrow
    I have given up on that idea.

Leave a comment:

• stanistheman
    replied
    Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

So are most other clubs in this league that are still looking to do business.This is what happens when the transfer window is still open for 3 weeks after the season has started.
    12 teams finished above us (if you include the relegated sides). Most of those have not depleted their squads the way QPR have done. Of those that finished below many have strengthened not weakened. Perhaps you should take that into account.

At this rate QPR are without doubt a bottom 8 side. I doubt that can be dressed up with any credibility. Unless of course Thomas is a wonder kid that somehow Leicester did not notice, Dickie is another top defender in the making and Dykes will smash up this league like Mitrovic or Watkins.

Leave a comment:

• Stainrod
    replied

Whatever! No point arguing with you. You will always wear your rose tinted specs. All I’m saying is players we have released/sold/lost haven’t been replaced, so how can we expect to compete at the same level? Business should have been completed before the first game is my point, and we are all entitled to our own opinion, that’s democracy!
    That would all happen if the transfer window closed tomorrow night like it should . While the window remains open you will still have clubs analysing their own squads and deciding who they think they can move on . Don’t blame the club blame the system .

Leave a comment:

• lincoln ranger
    replied
    Originally posted by Ronnie Rangers View Post

It's not like picking a team in the playground, you cant just point and say, I will have him, it's a whole process and deals full through.

Leave a comment:

• Jeffqpr
    replied
    We are leaving it late to get a striker in for Saturday, got until midday tomorrow

Leave a comment:

• Ronnie Rangers
    replied
    How I hope we win lol

Leave a comment:

• Ronnie Rangers
    replied

Don’t you think it would be important/ pertinent / intelligent etc whatever you want to call it, to get players in BEFORE the first game of the season to help them into the current squad / team / tactics / formations etc? IF we get seriously jumped on Sat, will we then look to bring additions in or are the owners just going to cuff it and see hoping for results along the way with the current squad? I’m sorry, but I just don’t think that’s going to work.
    It's not like picking a team in the playground, you cant just point and say, I will have him, it's a whole process and deals full through.

Leave a comment:

• lincoln ranger
    replied
    Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

So are most other clubs in this league that are still looking to do business.This is what happens when the transfer window is still open for 3 weeks after the season has started.
    Don’t you think it would be important/ pertinent / intelligent etc whatever you want to call it, to get players in BEFORE the first game of the season to help them into the current squad / team / tactics / formations etc? IF we get seriously jumped on Sat, will we then look to bring additions in or are the owners just going to cuff it and see hoping for results along the way with the current squad? I’m sorry, but I just don’t think that’s going to work.

Leave a comment:

• Stainrod
    replied

It’s Thursday afternoon. The club have no intention of getting anyone in before the Forest game. If they did, they’d have been signed by now to bed them into the squad, train with current squad and go through team tactics for the game. We are stuck with what we have boys and girls

Leave a comment:

• lincoln ranger
    replied
    Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
    Forest will be pushing for play offs again this season,certainly a top half team .
    I'd like to predict we will win at home to them on saturday but if you offered me a point now I'd happily take it .
    we might get a player to 2 in before game so I will wait to make score prediction .
    It’s Thursday afternoon. The club have no intention of getting anyone in before the Forest game. If they did, they’d have been signed by now to bed them into the squad, train with current squad and go through team tactics for the game. We are stuck with what we have boys and girls

Leave a comment:

• lincoln ranger
    replied
    Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

To be fair to Lumley I dont think it matters too much which of our keepers is in goal ,our open tactics and not so good defence almost guarantees a -2 handicap. Question is do we have a +2 attack as we often had last season?
    ​​​​​​
    Without Wells, Hugil, Eze and BOS seemingly uninterested I can’t mate. Dykes I’m sure will be a good addition, but he cannot replace the goals we are going to miss from the strike force we had last season. Heaven forbid if he picks up an injury. Do the board seriously think Oteh is capable as our 2nd striker option? If they do, we are in serious relegation trouble.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X