No announcement yet.

Pay per view games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting quote in that article about the impact on transfer fees. I hope we can still get decent wedge for Eze if he wants to go, but I'm preparing for a reduced fee!!

Comment

I'd be happy to pay £20 max to watch the games, but I'd want to see the money filter down to the backroom staff who are losing out big time. NOT the players, they can survive this
      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
      This morning's tempest I have to cross
      I must be guided without a stumble
      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

That BBC article says Sky don't mind stumping up in full for this season BUT they'd be unlikely to commit any money for a 20/21 Season that was up-in-the-air with a delayed or unknown start date. Whatever they eventually come up with in terms of resolving this season, they cannot afford to compromise or impinge on next season's league football calendar.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

I don’t hate us , I hate Luton .
          Fair enough, but there are plenty out there who hate QPR especially after the Tony Fernandes 'look we have plenty of cash to over pay mercenaries' era.

I personally wish all clubs well during this difficult period and don't wish them to go bust.

Comment

I would of rather qpr still took my season ticket direct debit for the current season then at least showing the games free to season ticket holders we would of got something back.

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
              I'd be happy to pay £20 max to watch the games, but I'd want to see the money filter down to the backroom staff who are losing out big time. NOT the players, they can survive this
              I agree about non playing staff getting their full pay too.
              I really cannot accept that EPL clubs are willing to furlough staff and expect taxpayers to pay them whilst they continue to pay many players between £400-600k per month. That alone in one month would probably cover the annual wages of around 15-20 staff. Multiply that by 5-20 players , varies between clubs.

As for how much would I pay, as a ST holder I have already paid for the games, had I not, I think £10 would be reasonable. The games would lack atmosphere that is certain but could still be enjoyed and that figure is more likely to attract fans to them. However, I am not sure what % would go to QPR and what Sky receive.

Comment

Completely understand why clubs are furloughing non playing staff and not cutting players wages. Players are the most valuable asset, its that simple.

Players should take a voluntary pay cut with the money saved going towards non playing staff. The problem with this is the 'voluntary' part!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
                  Completely understand why clubs are furloughing non playing staff and not cutting players wages. Players are the most valuable asset, its that simple.

Players should take a voluntary pay cut with the money saved going towards non playing staff. The problem with this is the 'voluntary' part!
                  I agree it should be voluntary and I think most of the well paid Premier League players would be prepared to take a cut as long as the savings were ringfenced to pay non playing staff on 'normal' salaries.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Fair enough, but there are plenty out there who hate QPR especially after the Tony Fernandes 'look we have plenty of cash to over pay mercenaries' era.

I personally wish all clubs well during this difficult period and don't wish them to go bust.
                    Good luck with that comment.I agree with you ofcourse.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52317944

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                        With average attendances of 14,000 paying an average of £35 per game with a beer, we would need to get in revenue of £490,000 for each home game.

We would need 50,000 fans on pay per view for the cost to be £10 + sky fee for putting on a game not previously scheduled and in the TV contract. Pethaps £2.99. ST holders would get a refund on their remaining games or credit for next season.

Do you think we'd get 50,000 fans paying £12.99 to watch the remaining games. This would include away fans too. Perhaps 40,000 fans paying £14.99??

How much would you pay to see each of our remaining home games? I'd pay £14.99 but alot may be struggling to find the cash with work drying up?
                        I honestly don't know the answer but living in Devon I can't get to the matches very often at all but I'd pay £10 to watch one live....it's just knowing how many other people are in my boat I suppose....You also have to think about mitigating losses rather than fully recouping them, the club and Sky would both surely welcome some income over no income.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post

I honestly don't know the answer but living in Devon I can't get to the matches very often at all but I'd pay £10 to watch one live....it's just knowing how many other people are in my boat I suppose....You also have to think about mitigating losses rather than fully recouping them, the club and Sky would both surely welcome some income over no income.
                          It will certainly be interesting to know how much next seasons budget will be impacted. Any out of contract who we want to keep will get a massive shock when they see their contract offers. I can see the size of the squad reduced too.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/quee...de/verein/1039

Comment

Wont be long now - spectator free games yo start in Germany

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52379825

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                              Wont be long now - spectator free games yo start in Germany

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52379825
                              Very mischievous statement by German FA... German football is simply saying they're ready IF government gives permission. Merkel had made plenty of statements suggesting football/sport are all very low priority and many other things need to be in place before they can even think about re-starting.
                              Its no different to say, Lee Hoos announcing our squad is fit and ready to play games within 2 weeks if necessary..... Posturing and sabre-rattling to pressurise the authorities and push a narrative that Footy is "special" and should be ahead of dentists, restaurants, theatres etc etc in terms of being allowed to resume.
                              Beyond that, Germany appear to be far less affected by Corvid than England and will almost certainly be in a position to relax lockdown far far earlier than us. I'm sure Krauts will be going to footy and boozers months before we can.

Comment

Working...
                              X