Warbs has built something special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
    I'm a big Warburton fan but let's be realistic. He hasn't built a thing, maybe a sandcastle but that is at best
    Very harsh. His first job was a complete overhaul of the squad only able to bring in mainly frees and loans. He did that and also integrated young players helping their development into the players they are now with a play style that suits them and the right encouragement and guidance.

To do that and hit the ground running like we did this season was exceptional. Yes we had a poor spell but hardly surprising when injuries hit. We're one of the best attacking and high scoring sides in the division and without silly mistakes from the keeper and defence on occasions we'd have been better placed. Lets not firget Warburton identified and wanted another CB so its not like he's unaware of what's needed.

Give the bloke some credit ffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post

Very harsh. His first job was a complete overhaul of the squad only able to bring in mainly frees and loans. He did that and also integrated young players helping their development into the players they are now with a play style that suits them and the right encouragement and guidance.

To do that and hit the ground running like we did this season was exceptional. Yes we had a poor spell but hardly surprising when injuries hit. We're one of the best attacking and high scoring sides in the division and without silly mistakes from the keeper and defence on occasions we'd have been better placed. Lets not firget Warburton identified and wanted another CB so its not like he's unaware of what's needed.

And dont forget Les, Hoos, Ramsey and Holloway who introduced the likes of Eze and BOS into the first team. MW had done extremely well but it taken three season to get to this stage and praise should be shared. Those at the top shouldnt only be pointed out when things go badly.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

And dont forget Les, Hoos, Ramsey and Holloway who introduced the likes of Eze and BOS into the first team. MW had done extremely well but it taken three season to get to this stage and praise should be shared. Those at the top shouldnt only be pointed out when things go badly.
        And Ramsey in particular!

Comment

Agree. As much as we'd all love them to stay, we have to be realistic and if proper bids are tabled we may have no choice. I'll only feel really annoyed if we sell for subpar offers as we appear to have done in the past.

It's quite clear from the last few windows that the going rate for top Championship talent is now £20m+ and nobody can argue there's many better prospects in the division right now than Eze and BOS, although Eze is higher up the list presently. If we were to get such a sum for one or both and were able to appease FFP to a level we could still invest a fair chunk of it in the squad, then given what Warburton did with nothing I would be very confident in what he could do with some funding. He is a class act, especially at this level, and we are lucky to have him. WE may not win every game but we play a fantastic style of football, nearly always get in the goals and give every single team a proper match. That's good enough for me.

Also look at the likes of Brentford. In Maupay they had the best striker in the league they lost to Brighton, yet this season have Watkins banging goals in for fun with the other two not far behind. I'm sure they were gutted when they lost their main man but it's not always doom and gloom that follows.
          Good post, Del

Comment

Good point, where I said the manager is important for the continuity factor, so is the dof and those others you mentioned.

Comment

“The players had a few heated words at half-time, which is good – you saw the reaction that this squad are capable of. To get the three points, to play in the manner we did in the second half – dominating a very good team with 10 men, too – deserves so much credit.”

He added: “The reaction was outstanding. We made a couple of changes at half-time. Marc Pugh and Dom Ball have been outstanding in recent weeks, and they were two of seven or eight players that we could have replaced.

“We changed our shape slightly and were on the front foot. We got first contacts on the ball, were first to second balls and won our duels.

“From one to eighteen, the whole team put in a magnificent shift. Everyone’s worked hard and prepared well all week and we’ve been able to come away with a win for our fans, who were also outstanding.

“It was a really pleasing afternoon’s work.”

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news...s-outstanding/

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                I'm a big Warburton fan but let's be realistic. He hasn't built a thing, maybe a sandcastle but that is at best
                Yeh, you sound like a big Warburton fan.

Comment

Of course Warburton has done very well ! How many on here can honestly say they expected 50 points with nine games , to back in last August plus highest entertaining football in yonks and of course he's had help , but let's not forget the amount of crap signings prior to Holloway's return , Oscar Gobern Perch even luongo in his early years the other feller from Swindon plus quite a few others with a lack of ability or poor attitudes

​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

Yeh, you sound like a big Warburton fan.
                    Been proved wrong about him I think. With 9 games to go we have 50 points. Our best points tally since we last got relegated has been 60 points in that first season. We will exceed that with the lowest budget in every year since we got relegated. We were also predicted to get relegated by a lot of “pundits” and even qpr fans. Pretty astonishing performance from Warburton and the squad this season.

Comment

As long as we aren't strugglling in the bottom 3 then Warbs gets my vote all day long. Couldn't get a more level headed manager IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                        As long as we aren't strugglling in the bottom 3 then Warbs gets my vote all day long. Couldn't get a more level headed manager IMO
                        My thoughts too, I will enjoy the drama of the relegation battle from afar.
                        God I hope I haven't jinxed us

Comment

Quite a dilemma really as the season draws to a close:

In the top six - its the sweat of staying there (not applicable to us generally)

7 to 12 - and you're targeting top six (not something we've really had to worry about in the last few(?) seasons - until now?)

13 to just a bit below - and it s the horror of mid table obscurity

15(ish) to 18th - short finger nail time about dropping into the bottom 6 - wouldn't mid table obscurity be so much better?

19th to 21st - squeaky bum time worrying about the drop into the final category

below - oh shidt !!!

and it doesn't matter where, we're s(h)itting!

Comment

Unfortunately I suspect the top talent will be picked off and we'll need to rebuild again. But with a few million in the bank we may be able to find a few young strikers that will be ours to develop.

It will be a different season with probably 4-5 different players. Hopefully better ones.......
                            there are bound to be a few outgoings in the summer and some of those will be our prized youngsters. Who Warburton replaces them with will be key to how next season goes.

Comment

100% agree with that and as you day, without all those silly errors (some always happen but not as frequently) then QPR would easily be in the top 6.

Just a few of the ones that imo cost the team 8 points;

Middlesboro (Wellls' backpass)
                              Hull (Lumley dropping the ball)
                              Charlton (poor back header)
                              Reading away (poor header setting up the winner)

Hopefully QPR will improve even more next season by using some of the funds raised by probably selling Eze and maybe BOS to sign some better defenders, another keeper and one or two strikers that can score regularly.

Comment

All good jusy a shame we will lose BOS, Eze and Hugill in Summer. We will have to build again. If we get good cash, 25 mill for both then would be ok. Chair is quality for future. Loving the footy though. Only beem twice this season Stoke and Barnsley away. It was exciting and Barnsley should have been 5-5 easily.

Comment

Working...
                                X