Warbs has built something special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darkranger View Post
    Ironic as it may seem, this club seems to thrive whenever a manager has little or no money to spend. It's when they are given any money, thats when the wheels seem to come off.
    Yes I think you are right

Comment

Originally posted by OB1 View Post
      Great result today, Had a feeling we’d win this afternoon. Completely agree that loaf is the man for the job, he knows where he stands at the club, having to make a squad work out of absolutely diddly squat. We now find ourselves 6 points outside the playoffs with winnable games ahead. In my complete honest opinion the fixtures we have left are all winnable, especially the way the championship has been playing out this season. It’s exciting to be at this stage in the season and still have something to look forward to. I really have hope with this team, manager and board. Looking forward to each and every remaining game we have. Something over the last few seasons we haven’t have. Onwards and upwards !
      As the points mount up it's also nice to view the relegation scrap without being involved.
      I'd have to taken before the start.

Comment

A week ago a regular poster here wanted to replace Warburton with Ainsworth (and make Warburton DOF).
        Not only is it insane, given how well we do, but it would mean replacing Warburton's free flowing style with route one.

Comment

In the breadman we trust
          you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Warbs has brought us to the brink of avoiding relegation with 9 games left,that is a fantastic achievement.
            can you imagine what he could do with us with funds to spend ?

Comment

If he does to much off a good job someone will poach him lol
              You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
                Never ever doubt Warbs, ever

I said this early on and stick by it, Warbs should be given a 5/6 year contract, I trust him with my girlfriend let alone football club

Warbs is the best man this club could realistically have and we should show faith and build with him, great manager
                Good choice by Les then ?

Comment

I just hope we don’t lose both Eze and BOS in the summer. I genuinely think if we could keep both of them we would be a team destined for the top 6 next year.

a couple of savvy additions at the back and we could be a real force.

Surely the players can see we are on the brink of being a very good team. Hoping the management team can convince manning and BOS to extend their deals by a couple of year, maybe with the promise if they give us one more season next year we will ups sell them in the summer at an agreed price that works for everyone!!

Warburton is doing is a great job and would love to see what he could do with this team sticking together next year.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                    I just hope we don’t lose both Eze and BOS in the summer. I genuinely think if we could keep both of them we would be a team destined for the top 6 next year.

a couple of savvy additions at the back and we could be a real force.

Surely the players can see we are on the brink of being a very good team. Hoping the management team can convince manning and BOS to extend their deals by a couple of year, maybe with the promise if they give us one more season next year we will ups sell them in the summer at an agreed price that works for everyone!!

Warburton is doing is a great job and would love to see what he could do with this team sticking together next year.
                    What fixed price release would you put into a new contract for Eze and BOS?

Surely they could command £40k a week in the premier league and that would make them in the lowest paid bracket.

So, if we gave them £10k a week they would be £30k per week x 52 down - £1.5m a season. Would you be happy for them to sign a three year deal on the basis they could leave for £13.5m at the end of season one and £12m at the end of season two and for nothing at the end of season three? Or would you take £15-20m now? We've been here before when Charlie could have gone and what fee we got when he did go.

If they re-sign when they get sold there will be the obvious Les out they got sold on the cheap comments on here.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

What fixed price release would you put into a new contract for Eze and BOS?

Surely they could command £40k a week in the premier league and that would make them in the lowest paid bracket.

So, if we gave them £10k a week they would be £30k per week x 52 down - £1.5m a season. Would you be happy for them to sign a three year deal on the basis they could leave for £13.5m at the end of season one and £12m at the end of season two and for nothing at the end of season three? Or would you take £15-20m now? We've been here before when Charlie could have gone and what fee we got when he did go.

If they re-sign when they get sold there will be the obvious Les out they got sold on the cheap comments on here.
                      I would love to see them all just stay for another couple of seasons, simply because they are enjoying their football at the moment, and these times can be rare for players.
                      But, on reflection, no player is bigger than the club, and at some point they all move on these days

So, I think if we get £ 20m for Eze, then let him go.
                      Same with all the lads, if we get unbelievable offers then so be it.
                      I think the style of play and the manager is the important aspect of the club
                      We would source players to play in our system as replacements.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

I would love to see them all just stay for another couple of seasons, simply because they are enjoying their football at the moment, and these times can be rare for players.
                        But, on reflection, no player is bigger than the club, and at some point they all move on these days

So, I think if we get £ 20m for Eze, then let him go.
                        Same with all the lads, if we get unbelievable offers then so be it.
                        I think the style of play and the manager is the important aspect of the club
                        We would source players to play in our system as replacements.

Agree. As much as we'd all love them to stay, we have to be realistic and if proper bids are tabled we may have no choice. I'll only feel really annoyed if we sell for subpar offers as we appear to have done in the past.

It's quite clear from the last few windows that the going rate for top Championship talent is now £20m+ and nobody can argue there's many better prospects in the division right now than Eze and BOS, although Eze is higher up the list presently. If we were to get such a sum for one or both and were able to appease FFP to a level we could still invest a fair chunk of it in the squad, then given what Warburton did with nothing I would be very confident in what he could do with some funding. He is a class act, especially at this level, and we are lucky to have him. WE may not win every game but we play a fantastic style of football, nearly always get in the goals and give every single team a proper match. That's good enough for me.

Also look at the likes of Brentford. In Maupay they had the best striker in the league they lost to Brighton, yet this season have Watkins banging goals in for fun with the other two not far behind. I'm sure they were gutted when they lost their main man but it's not always doom and gloom that follows.

Comment

He is also the man we were continually told doesn't have a plan B.

Comment

This is a very encouraging conversation.

Let’s assume we lose Eze (but only for a min 15-million), extend Bos, sign a stud CB, and another speedster on the front line.

Think Warbs would continue to move us up the table and into playoff position.

Comment

John Eustace`s input should not be underestimated. It would really please me, If we can keep both of them...
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

I'm a big Warburton fan but let's be realistic. He hasn't built a thing, maybe a sandcastle but that is at best
                                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Working...
                                X