Subs v Swans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subs v Swans

Anyone think if we got on Chair and Oteh on for the last 15 mins we would have got all the points ? Hugs and Pugh were dead beat

The trouble with that is if MW did make that change and we went on and lost everyone would of said why change the team that were doing so well a point would have been good and a clean sheet but no he changes it and we lose, MW can’t win either way, for my take on it I thought the defence and midfield were great and to go to Swansea and restrict them to 0 attempts on target takes some doing, what I would say is that with the chances we had we could and should have won but what worries me is who is going to score our goals??

Comment

3 points would have been nice and who knows might have been possible if the subs had been more attacking minded.

However, when a team on 4 straight defeats, that have managed barely any clean sheets all season are a few minutes from a clean sheet away from home. Then the best thing to do IMO is see out the draw, keep the clean sheet and be happy with the point.

I actually think the clean sheet will have a better psychological effect in the long term for the team, than a gung ho 3 - 2 win .

It's something to build on at least.

Comment

Agree about not rocking the boat in the last 15 mins but changing the attack like for like with fresh legs may have been better.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
          Agree about not rocking the boat in the last 15 mins but changing the attack like for like with fresh legs may have been better.
          I agree with this. Puzzled as to why Chair and Amos didn't come on late, given we were still on the front foot in the last 15-20 minutes. Would not have sacrificed any real defense (subbing out Eze and Pugh or Hugill and Pugh) while affording us a chance to score a recently rare winner.

Comment

I don't think Chair and Amos are 100% rock solid from a defensive point of view. I think sticking with the personnel that were in ​​​​​the zone and up to speed and had kept it tight for 75/80 minutes made sense. A slack pass from Amos/Chair, big hoof up over the top and Brewster scores? No thanks!

Comment

Hugill could have stayed out there all night and not scored. I was initially annoyed that a change wasn't made up front. Its not all about goalscoring though, Hugill does hold the ball up well is strong and does work a defence hard. A young striker might have lost possession easily, which may have cost us. So probably best to keep him on, and help to see out the game.

Comment

I thought Hugill did well enough. Pretty thankless task playing up front on his own with little supply but he stuck at it and tracked back a lot too. A lot of players would let their heads drop and start pointing and waving their arms about in frustration but he kept at it and though he must've felt isolated and frustrated he never let it show.

Comment

i don’t think Warbs needed to make changes in a game we were dominating.Even Pugh who I’m not a big fan of ,deserved to stay on as he was giving Manning good protection, although not offering a lot going forward but being as we were away that’s kind of acceptable.

Comment

I think we needed to keep the same team on where possible.
                    Don't think those subs would have provided the same work rate.
                    Difficult to get into a game and up to pace.
                    A draw was a very decent point.

Comment

Let's hope he knows his best team now , chopping and changing is no good

Comment

Working...
                      X