No announcement yet.

Ferdinand Speaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If there were Brian they would not get off the grid!

Comment

• Short memory not at all. The difference between the bleak times and now is this idiot overseeing things has had 2 chances to get it right in the big league and ####ed it up twice!! Bill Power and co and the like never had the chance given to this man so while we are supposedly heading in the right direction which is what we all want ask yourself why we are where we are now.

Comment

• There are so many question marks with this squad, will the youth continue to impress, will the paper thin backline hold up, how will the unproven keepers do and there has to be the question whether the manager who is at the last chance saloon makes out! I think we have potential to play good football, entertain and possibly finish comfortably mid table, I also think if one or two of the question marks don't work out we could get relegated!
        @gatorTFC

Comment

• Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
          In summary: I think a significant improvement (play-offs) is possible within 5 years with a right manager, 2-3 successful signings and 1-2 loans. We don't need a 15 year plan to do that.
          Of course we can Tim IF we can stay up this season , I expect us to be a really decent championship side in 3 years if we can keep digging out these gems we've found over the last two years

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

Statto !!!!
            Nasser?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
              Short memory not at all. The difference between the bleak times and now is this idiot overseeing things has had 2 chances to get it right in the big league and ####ed it up twice!! Bill Power and co and the like never had the chance given to this man so while we are supposedly heading in the right direction which is what we all want ask yourself why we are where we are now.
              We are where we are because we made a hash of things in the Prem twice mate. No denying that. But it could be far worse. The adjustments we've had to make as a result of FFP will stand us in good stead moving forward, I'm sure of that. There are some harsh realities coming to a number of other sides in this division, and they will need to make similar adjustments themselves.

I'll also be clear that I'm by no means a Fernandes fan. But there is no denying that he's stood by the club, and put his hand in his pocket every time he's needed to. And for that reason alone, he's earned the right to still be here and to have the support of the fans.....in my opinion!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

We are where we are because we made a hash of things in the Prem twice mate. No denying that. But it could be far worse. The adjustments we've had to make as a result of FFP will stand us in good stead moving forward, I'm sure of that. There are some harsh realities coming to a number of other sides in this division, and they will need to make similar adjustments themselves.

I'll also be clear that I'm by no means a Fernandes fan. But there is no denying that he's stood by the club, and put his hand in his pocket every time he's needed to. And for that reason alone, he's earned the right to still be here and to have the support of the fans.....in my opinion!
                A vehicle to old oak developments ???

Comment

• Agree to disagree Tarbie. Lets hope for a half decent season

Comment

• Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                    Agree to disagree Tarbie. Lets hope for a half decent season
                    Fair enough mate, at least we can agree on that!

Comment

• All want the same thing just see it in different ways

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

You keep posting exactly what I'm thinking Tarbie.

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

Probably wasting my breath anyway, but I'm determined not to buy into any of the daft negativity on here at the moment!
                        Me too. Especially as a lot of it seems to be based entirely on paper talk and speculation.

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                        Agree to disagree Tarbie. Lets hope for a half decent season
                        Half decent? Where's your ambition?

Comment

• Originally posted by The General View Post
                          Where is Ginger and Matty Rangers anyone know ?
                          Matty is still posting but he's on holiday currently.

Comment

• Originally posted by OldR View Post

No he didn't get us relegated.

He listened to the fans and gave Ray Wilkins £6m to spend.

We bought:

Simon Osborne

Ned Zelic

Mark Hatley

Gregory Goodridge

Lee Charles

As for lining his own pockets, absolute tosh and made up by people without a clue.

When we sold a player half was used to buy players, a significant amount for ground improvements and the rest to make sure we were financially stable.
                            He got us relegated by selling our best players year in year out.
                            You do know the most expensive player in your list was £1 mill and that was Zelic?
                            Don't you dare try and tell me the others were a mill each too

Comment

• Hateley was £1.5m.

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

He got us relegated by selling our best players year in year out.
                                You do know the most expensive player in your list was £1 mill and that was Zelic?
                                Don't you dare try and tell me the others were a mill each too
                                Where do we begin...

We sold Seaman and stayed up.

We sold Sinton and stayed up.

We sold Parker and stayed up.

We sold Peacock and stayed up.

The only time we sold a key player and got relegated was when we sold Les and replaced him with a crocked Mark Hateley.

As for the rest of your post.

Zelic cost £1.6m

Osborne cost £1.1m

Hateley cost £1.5m

Goodridge cost £250k.

Charles cost £80k

We also had to give Hayes £600k because of a sell on clause.

So, where is Thompson to blame?

Wilkins was entirely to blame for our relegation.

Comment

Working...
                                X