Ferdinand Speaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think I've lost the thread here.

As I understand it significant investment is not on the cards, even with a change of ownership. The problem is ongoing FFP compliance, and an influx of funds doesn't make that go away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Norths View Post

his time with England a complete disaster so you'd think people would keep quiet about that rather than using it to big him up “oh he's an ex England manager dontcha know"
      Surely you have to give him some credit for the many years of over achievement with Middlesborough that preceded his appointment as England manager mate?

Comment

• Originally posted by OldR View Post

The significant investment had already been made.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/queens...rs/verein/1039

It's a myth that Warnock was a great manager who got us promoted on a small budget. He was a good manager who worked out how to get the best out of a squad which had had significant investment but had failed to deliver.
        Faurlin being the only significant investment! You lost your case IMO! (thanks for a good link btw)

Comment

• Tarbie. Boro at that time and just before were spending very big and was a great job for him to take and he also went to work for one of the top three chairman in english football. Rate McClaren the coach higher than McClaren the manager. Hoping he brings the players on and nicks a few results along the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post

Faurlin being the only significant investment! You lost your case IMO! (thanks for a good link btw)
            Yep, it's a great little site and some of the players we bought over the years are 'who?? '.

We were already the 'boutique' club when Warnock took over and we offered wages that were above anything most in the division could offer and definitely more than anything we had offered before.

It is ironic though that the difference was made by the introduction of 'no frills' players!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
              Tarbie. Boro at that time and just before were spending very big and was a great job for him to take and he also went to work for one of the top three chairman in english football. Rate McClaren the coach higher than McClaren the manager. Hoping he brings the players on and nicks a few results along the way.
              Appreciated mate, but surely we know better than most fans that spending money doesn't guarantee success. I won't disagree with you regarding Maclaren being a better coach than he is a manager. But look at the set-up at the club at the moment, a decent Head Coach is exactly what we need.

Either way, I don't understand why there is so much negativity around this appointment. Personally I think this is the best managerial appointment (Warnock aside) that we've made in the last 10 years.

Comment

• In summary: I think a significant improvement (play-offs) is possible within 5 years with a right manager, 2-3 successful signings and 1-2 loans. We don't need a 15 year plan to do that.

Comment

• Time will tell Tarbie and the other thing massively in his favour at Boro was a stable club with a sensible chairman.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

Surely you have to give him some credit for the many years of over achievement with Middlesborough that preceded his appointment as England manager mate?
                    Sure, he's done well in other roles but that's beside the point.

Comment

Time will tell Tarbie and the other thing massively in his favour at Boro was a stable club with a sensible chairman.
                      But we're stable too mate. May not have been 2 years ago, but we certainly are now. The infrastructure at the club is as good as it's ever been. Aside from the Manager & Assistant Manager, all of the backroom staff are established and have been around for a while. The playing staff as well, a big chunk of the team have come through the youth system together, and most of the rest of them are coming into their 2nd or 3rd seasons.

Yeah, Fernandes is a bit of a wally, but he's learnt a lot over the years, and he's stayed loyal when many would have walked and left us in financial trouble. Like I say mate, I just don't get all of the doom and gloom, whinging, etc. I'm happier going into this season than I have been any year since the Premier League days.

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post

It’s an opinion like a rseholes we all have one Shania
                        Speak for yourself, West Acton. Ok, you actually did.
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

• Tarbie. We do not have a pot to #### in and need to sell a player at least every season that does not scream stability at all. As for Fernandes his actions since taking over mean so much than any words he could spout or I could describe him as.

Comment

Tarbie. We do not have a pot to #### in and need to sell a player at least every season that does not scream stability at all. As for Fernandes his actions since taking over mean so much than any words he could spout or I could describe him as.
                            Short memory for a bloke that's been around since 1973 mate. Financially we are back to where we were before Briatore, Bernie and then Tony Fernandes.

Skint yes, but certainly not unstable. Probably one of the best run clubs in the Championship these days if you actually stop and look at the improvements that have been made in the last 2 years.

Probably wasting my breath anyway, but I'm determined not to buy into any of the daft negativity on here at the moment!

Comment

• Originally posted by Norths View Post

Kevin McLeod disappeared as well.
                              Statto !!!!

Comment

• Supporters coaches being driven by Catherham drivers today is what I'm hearing #73lovesunc

Comment

Working...
                                X