No announcement yet.

gp on his way out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this could be great news, especially if we get in a good english manager who previously wouldnt work under a DOF.

Comment

Originally posted by Funky View Post
      I think throwing around accusations that GP has an invested interest in signing players through Base Soccer for his own financial gain is a very serious accusation, and one that I would not be making unless I could back it up with hard facts.

Base Soccer is a franchise that deal with most Championship clubs.

They are actually have a fairly good reputation and have 100's of players on thyere books.

If indeed it came out that Base Soccer were handing ouit back handers left right and centre to football clubs to get them to sign players it would not be the best PR for them.

It's convenient for people to throw around wild accusations about Gianni I'm just asking for people to back up the claims with facts thats all.

Fair point. Whats your view on the accusation that Sousa wanted a cut of a portugese defender who he wanted to sign?

Comment

I am not "throwing around accusations",merely stating some suspicions held by numerous fans of QPR.
        Is it really best practice for an ex-agent to be a "Director Of Football"???

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
          Okay, lets say a Steve Coppell or Alan Curbishley comes into the club, you know by their past records they don't work with any interference, would you feel the same way?
          Sorry I'm a bit confused by the point your trying to make there?

Originally posted by rblockells View Post
          Coppell or Curbishley????

Dowie and Sousa were both well capable of getting us to the play-offs. Dowie was sacked because he wouldn't play the Italians; Sousa was sacked because GP instigated a smear campaign against him.

who then went got magilton (sacked at ipswich), hart (sacked at pompey), harford (sacked at luton)? i don't believe FB got on the blower to GP and said 'get me paul hart'. as for the players... maybe if GP had been prepared to cast the net a bit wider beyond Base football agency we might have improved our squad rather than filling it with total rubbish. but then he's got line his pockets somehow
          Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by terry ball View Post
            Fair point. Whats your view on the accusation that Sousa wanted a cut of a portugese defender who he wanted to sign?
            I have no idea about that at all.

Just my opinion but although I did not enjoy the football under Sousa, but he seemed a genuine guy.

Who knows what kind of deal that Sousa had with the club.

It's pretty common place in football for managers to get a % of profits from players they have bought in to the club Gerry Francies i believe was on 5%.

Harry Redknapp and Dario Gradi also spring to mind but I've never heard of such a deal regarding players coming into the club.

Again I honestly dont know i could only speculate and if I did that I really would not want to stick my specualtions on a forum after the trouble some people have got into reagrding that.

Especially about Sousa.
            http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Comment

I am not "throwing around accusations",merely stating some suspicions held by numerous fans of QPR.
              Is it really best practice for an ex-agent to be a "Director Of Football"???
              Probably not I doubt any of them are stupid enough to get involved and buy a football club.

Your on a hiding to nothing.
              http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Comment

Probably not I doubt any of them are stupid enough to get involved and buy a football club.

Your on a hiding to nothing.
                So,let me get this straight-you are calling him "stupid"???;D

As for Sousa,I seem to recall you teaching us the Whoooaaa Paolo Sousa song on the train on the way back from Nottingham.:confused:

Comment

Really, you sure? How do you know that?
                  For me to know and you to find out about.....

Comment

will gp go??
                    time's up and the tide has turned

he done what he said he'd do, ie new investors, time to go

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                      Just look at Wiki, the most inaccurate tool on the internet - because it can be edited by anyone - yet so many people take it as a 100% factual and reliable tool - LOFL.
                      Ah, the irony of that statement. It's not perfect but then neither is the Encylopedia Britannica
                      http://news.cnet.com/Study-Wikipedia...3-5997332.html

David

Comment

Originally posted by davidla80 View Post
                        Ah, the irony of that statement. It's not perfect but then neither is the Encylopedia Britannica
                        http://news.cnet.com/Study-Wikipedia...3-5997332.html

David
                        So, by reference to the article 3 times more inaccurate than Britannica, so where's the irony?
                        Statistics as we know can be read to suit an arguement - and the thing with an internet based tool such as Wikipedia is that it is aailable 27:7 for update so many inaccuracies are changed on a daily basis where-as Britannica is of course a differnt tool.
                        Wiki states clearly that it is available to public edit and those that do it include interested and educated people willing to share with the world - and clowns, deceivers and the mindless in equal measure.

Anyway, back to the point - I have lost count of the times I've seen posts on here where people take rumour, gossip and other statements as being from the horses mouth - which they can only be if the Horse is the one doing the posting. And plenty of people state Wiki as their 100% factual, accurate source of information :amazing:
                        Last edited by Bluehoop; 11-02-2010, 02:32 PM.
                        #standuptocancer
                        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Even when things come straight from the horses mouth,they are not always the facts..

Comment

Nodge70, with all due respect the things you said about Dowie were not accurate, so you cannot be right all of the time.
                            ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Even when things come straight from the horses mouth,they are not always the facts..
                              Ah, liars, the lowest form of human life, far far worse than soothsayers I believe :shame:
                              #standuptocancer
                              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Never a truer word said

Comment

Working...
                                X