Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Did tell you Holloway was going and McLaren was coming in ...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • QPRDave
    The number 10
    • Mar 2009
    • 32080

    #211
    Not Imminent ...Definition = Not happening anytime soon!!

    Comment

    • hal9thou
      Silver Seat
      • May 2012
      • 4258

      #212
      Originally posted by SpongeParr

      Devils advocate; why would they release a statement if they aren't actually getting rid of Holloway?
      Because Ollie has publicly stated that he is unaware if the board want him to continue.

      If I were Uncle and I was serious about wanting to retain his services I would make my confidence in my manager public. Which is zackly what he's stopped doing.

      I think there has been a distinct change of temperature but I'm not sure what that portends.......

      Comment

      • Hitman34
        Platinum Seat
        • Jan 2012
        • 13959

        #213
        Daily mirror reporting McClaren set to sign for us.
        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

        Comment

        • Jimmy Floyd Rabbit
          Gold Seat
          • Sep 2012
          • 8957

          #214
          Originally posted by Hitman34
          Daily mirror reporting McClaren set to sign for us.
          Please be true

          Comment

          • CroydonCaptainJack
            Gold Seat
            • Jan 2011
            • 6141

            #215
            Originally posted by hal9thou

            Because Ollie has publicly stated that he is unaware if the board want him to continue.

            If I were Uncle and I was serious about wanting to retain his services I would make my confidence in my manager public. Which is zackly what he's stopped doing.

            I think there has been a distinct change of temperature but I'm not sure what that portends.......
            I'm liking your last sentence the hal. I can feel WATRBs going a bit highbrow
            Last edited by CroydonCaptainJack; 09-05-2018, 08:18 AM.

            Comment

            • SpongeParr
              Silver Seat
              • Sep 2015
              • 1003

              #216
              Originally posted by hal9thou

              Because Ollie has publicly stated that he is unaware if the board want him to continue.

              If I were Uncle and I was serious about wanting to retain his services I would make my confidence in my manager public. Which is zackly what he's stopped doing.

              I think there has been a distinct change of temperature but I'm not sure what that portends.......

              Yeah fair point. All depends if Tony even knows about this or not but his last few comments about it are far from endorsing him like they were earlier in the season.

              Comment

              • Undecided
                Silver Seat
                • Sep 2017
                • 2077

                #217
                Originally posted by FurtiveFox
                Holloway going nowhere. Will either stay on for another year or, more likely, get a contract extension.

                I suspect it will be made clear to him expectations are no more stupid formations and to listen to those around him by which I mean Ramsey and Sir Les.

                Uncle will want stability but his recent comments have shown he has his concerns so will want some reassurances lessons learned etc.
                I'd go along with that!

                Comment

                • Undecided
                  Silver Seat
                  • Sep 2017
                  • 2077

                  #218
                  Originally posted by FurtiveFox

                  I'm 99% convinced some harsh words were said to Ollie by either board or Sir/Evil Les which resulted in change in formation etc. Prior to that he wasn't changing anything regardless of how carp we were and for how long a period.

                  Ollie would not get another job at this level and I suspect Uncle wants stability so we end up with situation of neither side being particularly enamoured with the other but both sticking with it for their own reasons.
                  Pays to read on further!

                  I'd go along with that too, in fact I believe I said so at the time?

                  Comment

                  • Kit
                    Silver Seat
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 3747

                    #219
                    I love the way the Mirror are saying EXCLUSIVE, it isn't really now is it and unless this really does have legs, they have basically got the story from this site ! I really hope it does have legs but the longer it is left the more unlikely it becomes, I expect TF to come out and back Olly now its in the papers......heres hoping though.

                    Comment

                    • corbray
                      Silver Seat
                      • Feb 2016
                      • 3030

                      #220
                      Originally posted by Kit
                      I love the way the Mirror are saying EXCLUSIVE, it isn't really now is it and unless this really does have legs, they have basically got the story from this site ! I really hope it does have legs but the longer it is left the more unlikely it becomes, I expect TF to come out and back Olly now its in the papers......heres hoping though.
                      it probably is right from this site. we should test the waters and make a thread about someone obscure like notts county's manager coming in as our new boss

                      Comment

                      • Hitman34
                        Platinum Seat
                        • Jan 2012
                        • 13959

                        #221
                        Now the Times are reporting McClaren could be on his way to us.

                        #somethingbrewing

                        QPR want Steve McClaren to improve how they play if Ian Holloway leaves

                        newGary Jacob
                        May 9 2018, 12:00pm, The TimesMcClaren has struggled in his recent managerial roles but QPR want him to implement a new style of playTIM GOODE/PA
                        Steve McClaren is set to be given another chance to restore his reputation after being earmarked to become Queens Park Rangers manager.

                        The west London club want to appoint the 57-year-old alongside Lee Carsley, who is the England under-21 assistant coach, as a possible successor to Ian Holloway. Holloway has denied a claim that he is to leave the club after his team finished in 16th place in the Championship.

                        QPR have held McClaren in high regard since his three months working as a coach under Harry Redknapp, then the manager in the summer of 2013. He took the training sessions at the time and the QPR players were impressed by his coaching, tactics and man-management and disappointed when he left to take over at… Want to read more?
                        Register with a few details to continue reading this article.
                        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

                        Comment

                        • Hitman34
                          Platinum Seat
                          • Jan 2012
                          • 13959

                          #222
                          Note, lee carsley as Mc's number two.

                          would be happy with that.
                          nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

                          Comment

                          • Hitman34
                            Platinum Seat
                            • Jan 2012
                            • 13959

                            #223
                            its trending on twitter, so many different publications are carrying the story now.

                            this may actually be happening please god.
                            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

                            Comment

                            • CroydonCaptainJack
                              Gold Seat
                              • Jan 2011
                              • 6141

                              #224
                              Originally posted by Hitman34
                              its trending on twitter, so many different publications are carrying the story now.

                              this may actually be happening please god.
                              Trouble is hits in this modern age news just gets recycled.
                              For what it's worth I sense there has been a slight falling out behind the scenes and there may be some mileage in this.

                              Comment

                              • QPRDave
                                The number 10
                                • Mar 2009
                                • 32080

                                #225
                                Originally posted by Hitman34
                                Daily mirror reporting McClaren set to sign for us.
                                Journos just reading social media init

                                Comment

                                Working...