Manchester City to swap pair of stars for QPR whizzkid Raheem Sterling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qblockoompah View Post
    is bojinov still at city? just a thought. but i feel sm1882 is spot on here. keep the lad,try n bring him on, and perhaps bit more encouragement to develop our youth facilities and attract more youngsters to our club. really no reason to sell. with our money, we dont need to sell him to fund a promotion bid. if we are serious about going up, then keep sterling, sign simpson, watson and taarabt on perms, loan gibbs and sanchez watt from arsenal and then we will be in the prem. Then let sterling decide if he wants to sit in top 6 reserves, or play in our 1st team in the prem, playing exciting and attractive football.
    Doubt very much we would get Arsenals current left back on loan :(
    @chrisrobson9

Comment

Well it said that he doest wanna sign for Rangers... in that Case. please step forward highest bidder

Comment

well someone in that mould chris, a decent full back, who has pace, and can attack AND defend. Dont think wed get simpson or taarabt on a perm either, but if were serious bout going up thats what we should be aiming for, not selling our brightest prospect since ray jones. Thats the point im trying to make.

Comment

Correct me if I am wrong but he can't sign a professional contract till he is 17 so he could go to City and when he is 17 refuse to sign for them and re-sign for us instead?

Comment

benjani on loan til the end of the season would be very tempting indeed, and imo less of a gamble than waiting four years for sterling to possibly come good. (if benjani turned out to be indispensible i'd say we could buy him quite easily once promoted - him being on loan for the moment isnt an issue in my eyes.)

on the other hand we win big if sterling comes to fruition. but a lot can happen in three/four years...

Comment

i can't quite see which defender city might send us though - surely not onuoha. benjani's the only one we could really do with, johnson needs work and a place in the team we don't have, and nor do we have anywhere to put weiss (he will be a terrific player though.)

Comment

Im tempted by their supposed offer to be frank
                Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Do we really need two half-bob Prem reserves and a million pounds?
                  Surely that sounds like some sort of desperate grabbing at the rope into the Prem -- I thought we were doing better than to need to do that?
                  Whether or not the boy comes good and is worth waiting for, unless they're offering us the likes of Tevez and £5 million, I can't see how we would really improve the squad on what we've actually got going now.
                  Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

pete's latest this thursday

could that be the day we find out sterling has done the off ?????

when we made previous signing's that has been around the time of phone in's

Comment

• Surely not Benjani, I cant belive this guy is a proffesional footballer TBH, and City paid was it £16mill for him, even if he did improve our squad(i doubt) would they then sell him for say 2/3 mill Nah
                      God I miss cooke's pie & mash

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie's Barnet View Post
                        England U16 v Wales Oct 06

Nicky Ajose
                        Kyle Bartley
                        John Bostock
                        Thomas Cruise
                        Nathan Delfouneso
                        Wesley Foderingham
                        Harry Forrester
                        Ben Gordon
                        Jacob Mellis
                        Oliver Norwood
                        Rhema Obed
                        Dean Parrett has made the 1st team squad and recently was sent out on loan to Aldershot to get some 1st team games.
                        Jack Rodwell [COLOR((is a regular in Everton's 1st team squad)Chris Solly
                        Cameron Stewart
                        Adam Street
                        Andros Townsend
                        Jack Wilshere give him another season or two and he will be a regular for Arsenal

Who do we recognise? I know Bostock, Parrett, Rodwell, Wilshere. None of them anywhere near first team regulars 3 years on.

If there's a decent deal to be had with Sterling, take it. He could be like Scotty Donnelly and have discovered McDonalds in two years. Or Whyte & Mackay, or Waynetta Mc Slob. For every Rooney, there's hundreds of Leon Jeannes.

Just because they haven't made the 1st team for a PL side at 18/19 doesn't mean they wont have successful careers in football.

I will also say that not all of the above have been getting or ever received rave reviews. Most schoolboys don't get the reviews Sterling has, or have such great expectations on them. Just because they made it at schoolboy level doesn't mean they will be superstars.

However, over the last 20 years or so, I can recall some who did get great reviews and have gone on to be or are on the way to being supertars.

Ryan Giggs, David Beckham, Michael Owen, Steven Gerrard, Joe Cole, Wayne Rooney, Theo Walcott.

However, I will also add that the following are doing quite well in their development.

Thomas Cruise rated very highly by Arsenal, Andros Townsend (is doing quite well out on loan in L1 (not sure which club), Nathan Delfouneso has made the Aston Villa first team on a few occasions.

Many here are willing to sell a young player with the truly great potential to being a future England star player for a paltry £1M.

QPR don't need the cash anymore and should not sell Sterling. They should keep him - if he wants to stay (nothing they can really do if he has set his mind on leaving).
                        Last edited by stanistheman; 10-11-2009, 05:34 PM.

Comment

• id love to know why qpr dont need the cash anymore.

rich investors do not mean the club has money.

if selling him means we a that little bit closer to signing a striker then i am game
                          Last edited by Sam-QPR; 10-11-2009, 06:32 PM.

Comment

• 1. he's 14 years old - a child nothing more, those on here with kids around that age honestly believe theres would be mature enough to play pro football

2. he isnt under contract with us.....he could walk away tomorrow and we'd have to go to a tribunal where we'd get **** all....£1m is the absolute best we can hope for

3. it seems he doesnt want to stay with us, as he isnt under contract there is nothing the club can do.....

let the kid go, wish him well and bank the £1m....

Comment

• if man city or any other club wanted to sign raheem sterling thats nothing the club can do about it its all down to the player if he wants to go. the club can turn down an offer but then it will just go to a tribrunal which as we all know we wont get jack sh1te for him.

Comment

• you beat me too it jamie.

Comment

Working...
                                X