Manchester City to swap pair of stars for QPR whizzkid Raheem Sterling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
    Thats what i mean so do they have to give us anything?
    not sure but he certainly couldnt play for them until his 15

Comment

Plenty of valid points on here but player HAVE to come from somewhere, and someone will bring through the next Wayne Rooney. Whilst there are no guarentees, you can't say a player won't make the grade either. For that reason I'd like him to stay. Can you imagine the pride if we do generate the next big thing in English, or even world football?

West Ham still pride themselves on youth. I want that to be us.
      Your mum would love me...

Comment

The Under 5s are shat nowdays.
        Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

If we got 2 from Man City that got us promoted to the Prem then get rid of him! But Ive been looking through Man City's squad and cant see anyone who they will realistically let go who's going to do that big a job for us!

Comment

according to the liverpool daily post

"A CLUTCH of Premier League, Serie A, and La Liga representatives will be present at the Deva Stadium tomorrow night, when England under-16s entertain Northern Ireland in a Victory Shield international."

this was orginally posted on the 4th of november but i wasnt aware of interest from abroad

last year on the offy you could watch the youth team games but that no longer seems to be the case

unfortunately i didnt see him play for england u16's last week but if all these teams in england and abroad are chasing him then he must be good

i would be interested to here from anyone who has seen him play for the youth team this year

Comment

He looked by far the best player on the pitch but you should ask Pat, I'm sure she could tell you more.

Comment

MYU any idea why u cant watch the youth games anymore ??

Comment

Anyone actually thought what the lad wants, we've not a chance in hell in keeping him here (unless he is actually a QPR fan).....take the money, take the loan players and make sure we get promoted this season.

Think we should play hard ball with Man City as Mark Hughes was the man responsible for scuppering the Ched Evans loan deal last season.

Sir Pie what fringe players from Man City are likely to be part of such a deal?

Comment

Couple of London Prem clubs have been keeping very close tabs on Sterling for a long long time.

If anything did materialise, I'd expect both of those clubs to come in over and above Citeh.

Comment

Sorry but I would question anyone who feels that we SHOULD sell Sterling.

We aren't just talking about another youth player with potential (Baidoo/Donnolly/Shimmin).

We are talking about an exceptional young player. One that has scouts from ALL the top teams in English football purring over his every performance. The very thought of selling him for a pitiful £1 million is a joke.

How much did Chelsea have to pay Leeds for those two young players that they poached? I'm sure it was around £6 million or so?

Also, what about Tottenham and their fee for the 2 Sheffield United youngsters?

Sterling has the potential to go FAR FAR higher than any of those. It's rare that it can be said of a player - but the sky really is the limit for him.

As for the debate about his potential may never be realized - well maybe it won't. But it leaves us with two options.

1. We look back in 10 years and say... I can't believe that we let Sterling leave for £1 million. What on earth were we thinking?! He is Permiership star now!! (not unlikely considering his undoubted ability).

2. Whatever happened to that Sterlin kid? We could have sold him off for a MILLION pounds. That was a waste eh?

I know what I would rather. Take the chance, keep him at the club, and when the time is right sell him on. I think it's extremely short sighted of the board to even consider an offer so low. If these big clubs are so desperate for him - make them pay through their teeth. Not just loan out a couple of fringe players for a few months.

Comment

Man City fringe players from the first team squad IMO:

Benjani
                        Sylvinho
                        Weiss
                        Johnson
                        @chrisrobson9

Comment

If the boy won't sign there is nothing we can do about it,same as Dean Parrett.If he wants to go we should ask for more than a million and add ons in case they sell him in the future.
                          As for loans we have no room for anymore,we would have to send some back.

Comment

Originally posted by HA9 RANGER View Post
                            MYU any idea why u cant watch the youth games anymore ??
                            Are you inferring Myu can't watch youth games or anyone? Could be a bit slanderous old fella :horror:
                            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Well done Chris - this is the key question - who cd we get and if so how long for.

Johnson is a great talent but midfield hardly the priority for us. Benjani is v talented but again, what we need? Can't believe Sylvinho wd drop to the Championship. Don't know much about Weiss. Any other strikers? Now they have off-loaded Evans and Sturidge I just know about their quartet of superstars up front who are obviously off-limits to us - don't know who - if anyone - that leaves. Any ideas?

Comment

And of course anyone surplus to requirements at City team would love to come to a championship team, and drop £10k a week in salary.

And of course when a youngster goes to a top Prem Academy the drop out rate is shocking, this was from the Mail (via Report and IndyR's) about Che*$%£ and how they've managed to screw up the career of youngsters that they have hijacked

Bit of a warning there for Raheem

Chelsea had a big recruitment drive in 2005 and signed a host of young players. Sportsmail tries to find out what has become of them, and how many of those who remain have a realistic chance of making the first team.

JACK SAVILLE (Reading)
                                The 6ft 3in defender, 18, joined Southampton in March this year and signed a professional contract on the south coast over the summer.

HARRY WORLEY (Stockport County)
                                The centre back, 20, signed a three-year permanent deal with Leicester City last summer and is now on loan at Crewe Alexandra.

RICARDO FERNANDES (Sporting Lisbon)
                                Attacking midfielder Fernandes rejected a move to Italy or Spain - with Chelsea offering to pay off the last six months of his contract - and was released this summer.

FABIO FERREIRA (Sporting Lisbon)
                                A Portugal Under 19 winger, the 20-year-old went to League One side Oldham Athletic on loan last January and during the summer was released by Chelsea.
                                Released: Ricardo Fernandes
                                Let go: Fabio Ferreira

RYAN BERTRAND (Gillingham)
                                The left back, 20, is on loan at Reading, having spent last season at Norwich City.

ANTON RODGERS (Reading)
                                The midfielder, 16, will train alongside George Saville on Chelsea's two-year scholarship programme.

THOMAS LYSKOV (Reading)
                                The 18-year-old returned to Reading after failing to settle at Chelsea, but left their Academy this summer following work experience at Aldershot Town. He was hoping to secure a place at Loughborough University.
                                On loan: Scott Sinclair

MICHAEL WOODS (Leeds United)
                                The central midfielder, now 19, is still with Chelsea, despite making just seven appearances in the reserves last season after suffering with knee trouble.

SCOTT SINCLAIR (Bristol Rovers)
                                The 20-year-old is on loan at Wigan. Sinclair has made five first-team Chelsea appearances (four as a substitute) to date.

OLIVER SPRAGUE (QPR)
                                Now playing for Watford's Under 15 side, Sprague scored the winner in a 1-0 win over Chelsea in the Milk Cup in Northern Ireland in July.

GEORGE SAVILLE (Reading)
                                The younger brother of Jack, left back George, 16, was one of 12 youngsters to win scholarships with Chelsea's Under 17 side this summer.

LEWIS BAKER (Luton)
                                Signed at the tender age of nine, he is still at Chelsea's Academy and is said to be progressing well with the Under 13s.

VINCENZO CAMILLERI
                                Now 17, he left for Reggina where he played in two Serie A games last season.

MORTEN NIELSEN
                                The Danish striker, 19, signed professional terms in 2007, but moved to AZ Alkmaar on a free transfer in the close season.

TOM TAIWO (Leeds United)
                                The midfielder, 19, is on loan at Carlisle until the end of December. He also spent a month with Port Vale at the start of last season.
                                Last edited by Lord Charles; 10-11-2009, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X