Message to Tony Fernandes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    You think that's the plan then Stan? Limp through til the end of the season with Ollie, hope we don't get relegated and make a change in the summer?

I'd have agreed that this is the way to go a few weeks back. There are however a couple of arguments to get rid now. 1.) There are a few solid managers at this level currently without a club, and 2.) The players look like they've stopped playing for the manager.

The repercussions of a relegation could be far greater than the costs and upheaval of getting shot of Ollie now. Apart from anything else, attendances will most likely get a little boost if a new manager comes in. That on it's own should cover the cost of paying him up his final years salary. I'd pull the trigger now before things get any worse.

I am of course assuming that TF and his cronies a.) give a sh*t, and b.) aren't completely incompetent when I say that. As such, I'm probably way off the mark!
    You talking complete sense Tarbie, however the club and some fans dont get that playing walsall at home tuesday night 6000 ish might turn up we aint keeping any better players luongo smithies etc or anyone on half decent wage for that matter.

Comment

If Les wasn't so afraid of getting his hands dirty with the nitty gritty of management I'm sure he could do a job till the end of the season. I reckon he sees it as a poisoned chalice though. But like you say, it must be driving him nuts watching Holloway's mystifying adherence to tactics and formations that simply aren't working. Would love to have a fly on the wall listen to the discussions that must have been taking place between Holloway, Les, Lee Hoos etc. recently.

Comment

Could Holloway have Fernandes backing with or without Ferdinand's blessing?

Comment

Could clown Tony just return to the circus and let people who have some clue run this club ?

Comment

Too late Rebel damage well and truly done.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
              Too late Rebel damage well and truly done.
              Never say never,holloway survived being hammered against a team who playe with 10 men for over 60 mins that hadn't won in 7 games on top of losing at home to MK Dons and having the worst win record in QPR history ,but clown Tony isn't that unbelievability stupid (or is he!!),and surely must know NOW is the time to get Clement in before someone else does,he (in my opinion )will keep us up

Comment

Could Holloway have Fernandes backing with or without Ferdinand's blessing?
                Makes you wonder why we'd even have a DoF in the first place if that's what is actually going on. The chairman can't hire a guy in that role and choose to bypass or ignore him when it suits. Makes a mockery of the whole system.

Comment

Makes you wonder why we'd even have a DoF in the first place if that's what is actually going on. The chairman can't hire a guy in that role and choose to bypass or ignore him when it suits. Makes a mockery of the whole system.
                  Already did when appointing IH didn't he, according to his book??

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                    Already did when appointing IH didn't he, according to his book??
                    Yeah, true mate. Couldn't make it up could you?

Comment

I am convinced Holloway is there to deflect any abuse that should come Fernandes's way. We knew he was hopeless before he was appointed and he has more than proved it in the last 14 months. Why else would he still be in a job based on his performance?

Comment

Yeah, true mate. Couldn't make it up could you?
                        Embarrassing, shambolic, ridiculous, exasperating, the list goes on.

Comment

I am convinced Holloway is there to deflect any abuse that should come Fernandes's way. We knew he was hopeless before he was appointed and he has more than proved it in the last 14 months. Why else would he still be in a job based on his performance?
                          But he's actually causing his own backlash by continuing to employ and back the man.

Comment

But he's actually causing his own backlash by continuing to employ and back the man.
                            There is a part of me that wonders if TF is actually hiding behind FFP and using it as an excuse to strip assets. The club have been very tight lipped about what restrictions have been put in place by FFP, and what the potential repercussions are. What better time to liquidate as many assets as possible, reduce operating costs, make the P&L look as attractive as possible and sell the club to the highest bidder in the summer. If this was the plan, the ideal situation for Tony would be to keep the club in the Championship with the lowest operating cost possible.........which is basically what we are tying to achieve.

Tango and Cash did very similar when they left the club. Didn't make any big outlays having achieved promotion, brought in a load of cheap players on small contracts, and basically made the books look as good as possible. High income from Prem TV money vs small operating costs due to having a Championship squad. If you are buying any business (aside from a football club), high revenues against low operating costs is typically a very attractive proposition. Of course, football clubs work a bit different, but as Fernandes proved, there are plenty of rich businessmen looking for a hobby that don't understand this!

Comment

Said when he appointed Olly that he was taking a huge gamble on his own popularity.

TF still had the backing of the majority of fans when he appointed Olly whereas now he is deservedly getting the criticism he deserves.
                              Virtually all the Rangers fans I know have lost it with TF now.

Comment

There is a part of me that wonders if TF is actually hiding behind FFP and using it as an excuse to strip assets. The club have been very tight lipped about what restrictions have been put in place by FFP, and what the potential repercussions are. What better time to liquidate as many assets as possible, reduce operating costs, make the P&L look as attractive as possible and sell the club to the highest bidder in the summer. If this was the plan, the ideal situation for Tony would be to keep the club in the Championship with the lowest operating cost possible.........which is basically what we are tying to achieve.

Tango and Cash did very similar when they left the club. Didn't make any big outlays having achieved promotion, brought in a load of cheap players on small contracts, and basically made the books look as good as possible. High income from Prem TV money vs small operating costs due to having a Championship squad. If you are buying any business (aside from a football club), high revenues against low operating costs is typically a very attractive proposition. Of course, football clubs work a bit different, but as Fernandes proved, there are plenty of rich businessmen looking for a hobby that don't understand this!
                                You dont spend 250 million quid to strip assests from a club worth two pound fifty mate,

Comment

Working...
                                X