Message to Tony Fernandes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
    You dont spend 250 million quid to strip assests from a club worth two pound fifty mate,
    Of course you don't set out to do that mate. But if he has had enough, it would be the obvious thing to do if he wanted to maximise the sale price.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
      There is a part of me that wonders if TF is actually hiding behind FFP and using it as an excuse to strip assets. The club have been very tight lipped about what restrictions have been put in place by FFP, and what the potential repercussions are. What better time to liquidate as many assets as possible, reduce operating costs, make the P&L look as attractive as possible and sell the club to the highest bidder in the summer. If this was the plan, the ideal situation for Tony would be to keep the club in the Championship with the lowest operating cost possible.........which is basically what we are tying to achieve.

Tango and Cash did very similar when they left the club. Didn't make any big outlays having achieved promotion, brought in a load of cheap players on small contracts, and basically made the books look as good as possible. High income from Prem TV money vs small operating costs due to having a Championship squad. If you are buying any business (aside from a football club), high revenues against low operating costs is typically a very attractive proposition. Of course, football clubs work a bit different, but as Fernandes proved, there are plenty of rich businessmen looking for a hobby that don't understand this!
      If he is asset-stripping he's not doing a very good job.
      As I have said before with TF, I quite like him and think he is genuinely well-intentioned. He has definitely made mistakes but he does at least acknowledge them unlike a lot of other owners. I still hold some hope it will turn around. IH is out of his depth though. Again, I like him for his passion but he gets too much wrong tactically.

I just find it hard to hate these two like a lot of you seem too.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
        If he is asset-stripping he's not doing a very good job.
        As I have said before with TF, I quite like him and think he is genuinely well-intentioned. He has definitely made mistakes but he does at least acknowledge them unlike a lot of other owners. I still hold some hope it will turn around. IH is out of his depth though. Again, I like him for his passion but he gets too much wrong tactically.

I just find it hard to hate these two like a lot of you seem too.
        I don't hate Tony, I just think he's a buffoon. I also wouldn't blame him if he was dressing the club up to be sold in the summer. I wouldn't hang around and take the abuse he's getting right now. Regardless if it's warranted or not.

IH on the other hand, I'm sick of the sight of him. I actually felt this way about him towards the end of his last stint too. The constant nonsense and ridiculous decision making just wears me down!

Comment

Right now Tarbie who would you rather have as owner/chairman Fernandes or the dynamic duo?

Comment

Of course you don't set out to do that mate. But if he has had enough, it would be the obvious thing to do if he wanted to maximise the sale price.
            Stripping assets doesnt maximise sale price.

Comment

Dear Uncle

You know you have all those airplane things that go broom broom and drive around the sky?

Could you maybe send Sir Ian on a trip to South America? I an so confident he will love it you may as well hold off on a return ticket.

With kind regards,

Your bestie

Mr F Fox

Comment

TF is not competent enough to perform asset stripping.
                What he has been doing basically is stripping himself down to his bare ass.
                Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                  TF is not competent enough to perform asset stripping.
                  What he has been doing basically is stripping himself down to his bare ass.
                  Hope you are not working yourself into a frenzy there Kirill

Comment

IH on the other hand, I'm sick of the sight of him.
                    The tell-tale sign for me is when I stop watching a manager's post-match interviews. That happened in around October. I'd lost all respect for him by then, so was no longer interested in all the meaningless garbage coming out of his mouth. Again, it's not hate, just a complete lack of faith and respect. Anger can follow that though when you can clearly see the damaging effect it has on the club you love.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                      Stripping assets doesnt maximise sale price.
                      No but, reducing overheads makes a P&L look better, and cash in bank pushes the sale price of a company up.

Comment

I don't hate Tony, I just think he's a buffoon. I also wouldn't blame him if he was dressing the club up to be sold in the summer. I wouldn't hang around and take the abuse he's getting right now. Regardless if it's warranted or not.

IH on the other hand, I'm sick of the sight of him. I actually felt this way about him towards the end of his last stint too. The constant nonsense and ridiculous decision making just wears me down!
                        Tarbs anybody would think you dont like ollie!
                        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Pretty much what i think too.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                            Right now Tarbie who would you rather have as owner/chairman Fernandes or the dynamic duo?
                            Would I want Tango and Cash back? Never mate. Would be nice if we could have a chairman at some stage who understands what we are as a club though. None of this Boutique Football cobblers, or delusions of grandeur. Just a chairman who understands our history, understands what most of our fans are about, and wants to run the club sensibly. Is that really too much to hope for?

Comment

No but, reducing overheads makes a P&L look better, and cash in bank pushes the sale price of a company up.

Best idea is to make a company more attractive is to sell the assets and use the funds to reduce the debt.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                                Hope you are not working yourself into a frenzy there Kirill
                                Dislike of buffoons is by no means mitigated by imagining naked buffoons.
                                Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                                but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                                http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Working...
                                X