Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's official - Les did not appoint Ollie...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    There are contradictory stories on this though, because Ferdinand is on record as saying it was he who put Holloway's name forward to TF, who's reaction to the suggestion at the time was to do several ecstatic cartwheels - all of which suggests that one of them is telling porkies.
    can you find an article of les saying that?

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
      can you find an article of les saying that?
      http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport...inand-12216222

Comment

cheers. he doesn't say that he suggested ollie to tony personally but rather says 'we' (as any boss would to make it seem like everyones onboard) plus its feasable that our media guy would have been in contact with ollie and skysports too. it seems like les has taken a lot of stick for something that was out of his hands and tony just took an executive decision to bring in ollie. its probs the same reason why ollie has lasted so long coz hes "tonys guy" and it would be an "i told you so" from les and hoos for tony if he sacked ollie despite their reservations aboit appointing ollie in the first place whereas ramsey and jfh who were clearly les' appointments were sacked despite having wayyy better results and league position than ollie has in his entire tenure.

Comment

If we beat Burton, which is winnable I actually think we're doing alright with plenty of youngsters coming through. Not sure what some expect
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
            Taking advice from Ian Taylor
            Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
            He is a prize prat is uncle.
            Originally posted by Stanley View Post
            What does that say about the Chairman, taking advice from his media man over and above his DoF who had expressed reservations over it. Publishing this in his book does him no favours at all PR wise.
            Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
            Bloody ridiculous really. Why hire a DoF then ignore him on the most important footballing decision there is to make?!!

Just to clarify, are you saying that it was Ollie's decision to sign Ravel last season?
            Guys, if this is all true, then Fernandes is an utter fool.

How on Earth are his backers i.e. the Board, still supporting him?

He should be voted off the Board.

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger
              Doesn't surprise me in the slightest
              I know the blokes a weapon mate just a bit surprised he’d put something like that in black and white. It’s so naive it’s frightening

Comment

If you thought you were highly offended by his tweets...........

Comment

How can les work under these no influence wot so ever conditions lol
                  Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

This is just ridiculous. Why would you listen to Taylor over Les and Lee? Taylor is paid to hold a dictaphone in the manager's face during interviews and retweet club and players tweets. From what I gather he has no footballing background. I guess he thought having Ollie at the helm would make his job of soundbite collecting and generating social media content a lot easier.

What have you done Tony!

Comment

Ollie said he could taylor in at sky if he got him in at us hmmmmmm

Comment

This is the man we're letting organise the relocation of our club with the building of a new stadium. It's all going to go horribly wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Westway View Post
                          This is the man we're letting organise the relocation of our club with the building of a new stadium. It's all going to go horribly wrong.
                          Gypsies move quicker than us ever getting a new ground. Don't panic

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                            cheers. he doesn't say that he suggested ollie to tony personally but rather says 'we' (as any boss would to make it seem like everyones onboard) plus its feasable that our media guy would have been in contact with ollie and skysports too. it seems like les has taken a lot of stick for something that was out of his hands and tony just took an executive decision to bring in ollie. its probs the same reason why ollie has lasted so long coz hes "tonys guy" and it would be an "i told you so" from les and hoos for tony if he sacked ollie despite their reservations aboit appointing ollie in the first place whereas ramsey and jfh who were clearly les' appointments werige sacked despite having wayyy better results and league position than ollie has in his entire tenure.

I can understand where it's all coming from now don't think the media man is over ruling ### I think Taylor working in the media it's quite believable that he could well be the only one at the time to know Ollie was up for the job when the others thought he was happy at sky and therefore unavailable , so Taylor may have just pointed out to them that could be interested

Comment

Oh my good god. Can we get any more embarrassing?

Seriously??!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                                If we beat Burton, which is winnable I actually think we're doing alright with plenty of youngsters coming through. Not sure what some expect
                                Of course but it’s that word IF. If we’re were to have beaten Brentford, if we were to have won at Bolton. It also works if we were to lose to Burton we could be 3 points away from Bottom 3. Football is all about winning games and under Olly we haven’t won enough games it is that simple. Yes we have good youngsters coming through for which Chris Ramsey must take the credit for as well as LF, as he wanted the youth set up reinstated.

Comment

Working...
                                X