Ollie did well today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
    Admittedly not a hell of a lot of games tarbs but what i have seen can tell hes a good little player, he like any decent player needs more games before starting to shine more mate
    Don't disagree that he needs games mate. Just think that's better done out on loan. See if he shines somewhere else further down the leagues, and if he does then bring him back in. If he doesn't then we know he isn't gonna cut it. Same goes for Goss actually.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
      Don't disagree that he needs games mate. Just think that's better done out on loan. See if he shines somewhere else further down the leagues, and if he does then bring him back in. If he doesn't then we know he isn't gonna cut it. Same goes for Goss actually.
      Cant say i agree, dont think he needs to improve his game to go out on loan for me, hes shown hes upto it already and im sure will featuyre at some point, tell yer what though tarbs ill see every game now for rest of the season with the tv deal thing, should of done it sooner off subject but its every away game aswell isnt it and is this fa cup game live aswell do you know?
      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Wasn't surprised you haven't watched many games only highlights. Be careful if you do start watching full games because we don't want you shouting' Ollie out'.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
          Cant say i agree, dont think he needs to improve his game to go out on loan for me, hes shown hes upto it already and im sure will featuyre at some point, tell yer what though tarbs ill see every game now for rest of the season with the tv deal thing, should of done it sooner off subject but its every away game aswell isnt it and is this fa cup game live aswell do you know?
          All I'm saying mate is that he played about 20 games straight when he came into the side and his performances got steadily worse. For that reason I think he flattered to deceive when he first came onto the scene and was probably just playing at 110% having been given a go.

I'd also argue that this is backed up by the fact he never kept his place and we signed Scowen.

I'm not saying he can't ever get back to how he looked in his first 4 or 5 games. Just saying that he ain't gonna improve warming the bench here. He might improve if we send him out on loan for 6-12 months.

Luongo is a good example. After leaving Spurs he did a couple of years down at Swindon before he was ready to play centre mid in this league. And even then it took him a while to find his feet. Using that as a yardstick, players like Manning and Goss are still at a very early stage of their development. Not that it's an exact science. But it takes a special player to walk in as a kid and boss the midfield at this level.

As for QPR+, we get every game in all competitions that isn't televised anywhere in the world. If Sky, BT Sports, BBC or any of obscure channel anywhere in the world has paid for the rights to a game we don't get it. But in those circumstances you'll probably find it on a stream somewhere anyway.
          Last edited by Tarbie; 02-01-2018, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
            He even talked a lot of sense in his post match interview. Not quite sure what's going on to be honest. It felt like we had a proper boss today, unlike the cartoon comic villain that we got at Millwall. Let's hope it continues.
            Yep credit where it’s due.

A proper managers performance on & off the pitch. Hopefully he’s realised he’s looked & sounded like a complete idiot the last few weeks.

More of the same please Mr Holloway.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post

A proper managers performance on & off the pitch. Hopefully he’s realised he’s looked & sounded like a complete idiot the last few weeks.

I think we'd all love him to do well.

We're so hit and miss, play well one or two games and look very bad in five or six.

Comment

Weeks??.....
                SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                  Kev, semantics is one word that is hard to explain, but it's all about different interpretations of the same topic - almost, if you like tomato and tomaeto. Or if you prefer, the battle those two are in is a relegation battle in some peoples eyes whereas the one we are in is a relegation is some peoples eyes
                  Got it mate. Got it.

@ Stan, was just having a larf about the use of such a big word.

Comment

The one thing Holloway got right yesterday was playing Smith to counter the long throw. I think if Smyth had not badgered Holloway and Bircham for a game he would still be keeping Wheeler and Manning company.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                      Weeks??.....
                      Correct he meant months

Comment

Would personally bung Manning into more games. Only CM we have that has an eye for a killer forward pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                          Would personally bung Manning into more games. Only CM we have that has an eye for a killer forward pass.
                          Agree. Made a superb one up to Smith a few games back, but since being frozen out by the ‘undroppable’ three, has had very few opportunities. Similar situ with Borysiuk and Goss. The squad is bloated in CM (amongst other areas).

Comment

My only concern at the moment is that Smyth is the new Manning. It’s great to see a youngster come in and do well and he no doubt saved Olly this week but I just hope too much pressure isn’t out on him in coming weeks. Cardiff was a great win and was lovely watching Smyth unravel them but they have lost 4 on the spin now themselves and have similar injuries situations as ourselves. One game does not change my opinion of Olly sadly but fingers crossed he will go on and make me eat humble pie, we are still deep in trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                              Weeks??.....
                              You're right but I was more making the point the last few weeks have been particularly muggy.

The having a pop at fans situation, the stupid hat & tweed turn out & playing up to the Millwall fans that completely backfired on him.

On the whole he's a bit of a bell tbh. Some would say he's got 'personality' personally I'd like to see him act a bit more professionally & pipe down with the silly talk. Makes him look a complete ####.

Comment

You're right but I was more making the point the last few weeks have been particularly muggy.

The having a pop at fans situation, the stupid hat & tweed turn out & playing up to the Millwall fans that completely backfired on him.

On the whole he's a bit of a bell tbh. Some would say he's got 'personality' personally I'd like to see him act a bit more professionally & pipe down with the silly talk. Makes him look a complete ####.
                                I personally think hes just been under alot of pressure and aware of the crap hes been getting and its irritated him like it would do anyone whos getting constantly disrespected & put down, its natural instead of hiding away from it like some would.
                                http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Working...
                                X