Absolutely!
    What has Gary Monk done?
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by Shania View Post
      What has Gary Monk done?
      Finished 8th in the Prem with Swansea. Had Leeds going very well last season too. Didn't go well at Boro for him, but expectations there are sky high and he'd spent a few quid.

We've got to be realistic on who we can attract here. No funds, a DoF who doesn't know what he's doing and a squad of players that look pretty close to giving up. Hardly a dream job is It?

Comment

• Monk supposed be bit of a d ick

Comment

• [QUOTE=Tarbie;1666992]Finished 8th in the Prem with Swansea. Had Leeds going very well last season too. Didn't go well at Boro for him, but expectations there are sky high and he'd spent a few quid.

We've got to be realistic on who we can attract here. No funds, a DoF who doesn't know what he's doing and a squad of players that look pretty close to giving up. Hardly a dream job is It?[/QUOTE]

No far from it. But he could be worth a try, but Pearson would be my first Choice, if it wasn`t for his problems with Hoos at Leicester.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
            Finished 8th in the Prem with Swansea. Had Leeds going very well last season too. Didn't go well at Boro for him, but expectations there are sky high and he'd spent a few quid.

We've got to be realistic on who we can attract here. No funds, a DoF who doesn't know what he's doing and a squad of players that look pretty close to giving up. Hardly a dream job is It?
            simple answer, get rid of the dof who has not got a clue what the fark he is doing, that then frees up wages for a good manager.
            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
              simple answer, get rid of the dof who has not got a clue what the fark he is doing, that then frees up wages for a good manager.
              Can't see that happening, especially mid-season. If we're going for a full overhaul, May is the time to do it.

Comment

• Ollie is an interesting personality but a mediocre manager who's clearly out of his depth here. Would change managers now, with an eye to building a system that works and players who fit that system. Use the balance of the season to try out the young talents who are looking for both guidance and playing time (Eze, Chair, Bright, Oteh). Stop the "big lunks in the middle" approach; that simply doesn't work, short of perhaps bringing on a Smith or Sylla late to charge the goal for an equalizer. Would also look for two wing backs that can actually create offense; Bidwell is steady on the back line, but hopeless on the attack. Think we need to look for better than that. And given Freeman, Luongo and Scowen for all their work in the center of the field are not goal scorers, would try Manning and Chair at times to see if it makes any difference.

Comment

• Ollie has done what this club needed which was to bring back some passion, pride and identity. We have players here at the club now who genuinely play for the shirt and no big time Charlie’s.
                  Had the club invested wisely in the summer in a striker who is of championship quality then I think we’d be sitting comfortably on around 35/36 points in mid table where we should be with the players Ollie has available. Whose fault is this?
                  I point the finger at Fernandes and the DOF who knew we didn’t have the quality up top to make any type of dent in this division. The fact we were in for Winnal shows Ollie wanted a proven striker and the board didn’t back him.

I think it should also be noted we have missed Ned, Perch and Hall for large chunks of this season which hasn’t helped matters as well and we don’t seem to have a rb in the squad.

This league is about small margins. If the board decide to keep Ollie then they need to spend a bit of money in January on a striker who is proven at this level and maybe look at a couple of clever loans of reserve players at prem clubs who can come in and play on the wing or at rb/rwb. If they back him then with a decent enough striker then we’ll be ok.

If the board decide to continue not to spend or invest in the playing squad come January then they need to replace Ollie with a more tactically savvy and championship proven manager ASAP otherwise we will get sucked into the bottom 5very quickly with the strikers we have at the club right now.

Every time Ollie speaks he seems to indicate we have no money and it seems like the restraints are very tight at the club. I find it hard to believe that Fernandes and co are even gambling with the chance we could go into league 1. Ollie has his faults and he lacks any real tactical nous but our board are the poison in this club right now.

Time for them to awknowledge the mess we are in and either invest in the playing team to the level required and give Ollie a helping hand or bring someone new in whose got the ability to get that extra 20% out of the squad.

Comment

• Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                    Ollie has done what this club needed which was to bring back some passion, pride and identity. We have players here at the club now who genuinely play for the shirt and no big time Charlie’s.
                    Had the club invested wisely in the summer in a striker who is of championship quality then I think we’d be sitting comfortably on around 35/36 points in mid table where we should be with the players Ollie has available. Whose fault is this?
                    I point the finger at Fernandes and the DOF who knew we didn’t have the quality up top to make any type of dent in this division. The fact we were in for Winnal shows Ollie wanted a proven striker and the board didn’t back him.

I think it should also be noted we have missed Ned, Perch and Hall for large chunks of this season which hasn’t helped matters as well and we don’t seem to have a rb in the squad.

This league is about small margins. If the board decide to keep Ollie then they need to spend a bit of money in January on a striker who is proven at this level and maybe look at a couple of clever loans of reserve players at prem clubs who can come in and play on the wing or at rb/rwb. If they back him then with a decent enough striker then we’ll be ok.

If the board decide to continue not to spend or invest in the playing squad come January then they need to replace Ollie with a more tactically savvy and championship proven manager ASAP otherwise we will get sucked into the bottom 5very quickly with the strikers we have at the club right now.

Every time Ollie speaks he seems to indicate we have no money and it seems like the restraints are very tight at the club. I find it hard to believe that Fernandes and co are even gambling with the chance we could go into league 1. Ollie has his faults and he lacks any real tactical nous but our board are the poison in this club right now.

Time for them to awknowledge the mess we are in and either invest in the playing team to the level required and give Ollie a helping hand or bring someone new in whose got the ability to get that extra 20% out of the squad.
                    As true as it gets

Comment

• Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                      Ollie has done what this club needed which was to bring back some passion, pride and identity. We have players here at the club now who genuinely play for the shirt and no big time Charlie’s.

Agree with everything apart from getting someone else in, as theyd have no money and just park the bus same as jimmyfloydrabbit
                      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

I agree. We need a decent manager to stop the rot, and we won't get one while Ferdinand remains at the club.

Comment

I get the argument - but I am not convinced by it - that a DOF is supposed to sign players that fit the style and ethos of the club. If I was a manager I would want to stand or fall by my own judgement, but if we accept the DOF idea how come we sign players like Goss and Wheeler and never play them? If it is to develop them then Holloway is not the manager to do it, and if it is because Holloway doesn't think they are good enough why is the DOF wasting our money?
                          Last edited by Alanwycombe; 30-12-2017, 11:09 PM.

Comment

• Bring back Jimmy!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                              Agree with everything apart from getting someone else in, as theyd have no money and just park the bus same as jimmyfloydrabbit:)
                              you keep coming out with ridiculous statements like this.
                              Totally ignoring and refusing to accept the FACT that we scored more goals and got more points under Jimmy than we do with your bell end beloved.

You truly are deluded beyond help.

Comment

• Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                                Bring back Jimmy!
                                Jesus man. Have you taken leave of your senses??
                                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                                Luke Freeman - 6
                                Matt Smith - 6
                                Ebere Eze - 4
                                Joel Lynch - 3
                                Tomer Hemed - 3
                                Toni Leistner - 2
                                Massimo Luongo- 2
                                Angel Rangel - 2
                                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2