No announcement yet.

Is ollie on borrowed time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think he is simply because who else is there (realistically) available ?

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
      I don't think he is simply because who else is there (realistically) available ?
      That depends if we’re being lazy and Just looking at same old same names or if where going do homework and identify right man. Who had heard of Huddersfield manager or silva before he went Hull but those sides looked far and wide even Sheff Utd manager was plucked from down leagues

Afraid our policy is to look at who is free or who fans want instead of getting right person in

Comment

Its a quandary we take Ollie's recruitment of players , tbf back in august the vast majority said they would be satisfied with mid table
        I'm well chuffed with the players that have come in under his watch and the dross free play that indicates to me the club is going for the long term yep these losing sprees are a concern but how many think freeman Scowens and Baptise with more to come each window is a gamble worth taking

Comment

I really hope we dont go the foreign route. I mean apart from Gigi has it really worked for us? Ideally we could do with a young Neil Warnock but I can't see that happening as I can't think of a successful no nonsense type. If we win tonight I think most fans would want to keep Ollie. My aim was survival this season so he would actually be overachieving for me and I know that might upset fans, which is not my aim I just think with the amount of money spent, he is actually doing OK apart from away form definitely needs improving. Don't get me wrong I would love us to be pushing for playoffs but we can't compete with some of the spending that has dwarfed ours so we're pretty much where we should be.
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            That depends if we’re being lazy and Just looking at same old same names or if where going do homework and identify right man. Who had heard of Huddersfield manager or silva before he went Hull but those sides looked far and wide even Sheff Utd manager was plucked from down leagues

Afraid our policy is to look at who is free or who fans want instead of getting right person in
            Surely JFH fitted this mould he wasn't free but we did identify him, sadly it didn't work but we did try and find that lower league manager.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
              Its a quandary we take Ollie's recruitment of players , tbf back in august the vast majority said they would be satisfied with mid table
              I'm well chuffed with the players that have come in under his watch and the dross free play that indicates to me the club is going for the long term yep these losing sprees are a concern but how many think freeman Scowens and Baptise with more to come each window is a gamble worth taking
              Ollie does deserve SOME credit for those. However given he hasn't had a good record over 'x' number of years who is to say what players have been put off coming here due to him being manager? Any manager should attract some players. That along isn't enough when your record is as bad as Ollie's unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post

Couldn't agree more. Why should we as fans know who to go for? Honestly who on here knows the various foreign/lower league managers who might fit the bill? I'd be surprised if any. We may know some names of managers with some profile in this country but that will be about it.

We are London based, stable ownership, second tier English football, reasonable squad albeit not much money to spend to improve it. In my view we should be aiming higher, manager wise, than we have now.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                  Well they weren't freak results at all. I know Wolves and Sheff Utd fans who all say we were the better team and I witnessed the deserved wins myself as well.
                  It is very easy to say they are freak results to suit an agenda.
                  Freak, as in abnormal or irregular thing.

Is it normal and regular for Rangers, in the form displayed over the last 2 years to be the better team acknowledged by both sets of fans, particularly against the table's front runners? Its certainly not the message I've been getting.

My post was simply to point out the dilemma in which Ollie had placed himself with his remarks following the last encounter with Brentford. As yet I have no agenda to see him gone

Comment

Fernandes has now been at the club for 6.5 years. In that time he sacked our most successful manager of recent times, and went on to hire five more - none of whom could be regarded as a success. That's the harsh reality of his QPR Chairmanship so far...

Comment

• Good post Stan. Not far off old Flavio's way of doing things! Fernandes is without question thecworst performing chairman to be involved in the English game and has learnt sod all in that 6.5 years.

Comment

• #UncleOut

Comment

• He's mounted the scaffold and is pulling the trapdoor lever tonight.....

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                            Couldn't agree more. Why should we as fans know who to go for? Honestly who on here knows the various foreign/lower league managers who might fit the bill? I'd be surprised if any. We may know some names of managers with some profile in this country but that will be about it.

We are London based, stable ownership, second tier English football, reasonable squad albeit not much money to spend to improve it. In my view we should be aiming higher, manager wise, than we have now.
                            Foxy being London based and having not having a lot of money to pay London wages is counter productive

Comment

• The way he slagged off the fans tonight , he needs to be pulled over the coals for that by TF we've been paying our hard earned to watch poor football , I'm not an Ollie fan and he needs to respect the fans who turn up week in week out

Comment

• Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                                The way he slagged off the fans tonight , he needs to be pulled over the coals for that by TF we've been paying our hard earned to watch poor football , I'm not an Ollie fan and he needs to respect the fans who turn up week in week out
                                He needs to be gotten rid of.
                                Serving up shyte week after week and the loyal 13000 that turn up gets coated off by him.
                                Needs to go now.
                                nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Working...
                                X