Is ollie on borrowed time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
    Bit of perspective: We beat the league leaders Wolves and Sheffield Utd at home, lost away to Nottingham Forest, narrowly lost to automatic promotion chasers Villa, then lost away to an excellent Derby side who've just tonked Middlesbrough 0-3 away. In a topsy turvy league where very few games are a gimme, we're doing okay. Beat Brentford and we're still on course for mid to lower mid table finish, as we have been all season. After we win, it's all jubilation and crack the champagne on here, then we lose a couple and it's suicide watch.

At the start of the season the majority on here predicted relegation or relegation battle. So we're doing better than people's expectations.
    How long can you say "but we beat Wolves and sheff utd"for?,so 3 straight defeats in a row means nothing because we beat sheff uld and wolves. Are we really doing better than what most people taught ,would anyone (even me) predicted NO away wins so far?,we are lucky other results went our way today and let nobody be fooled by that let off ,we are in a relegation fight already,and need a win at home to Brentford. If our home form (which has been our saving grace so far) doesn't get back on track then we are in big trouble. I don't trust stupid Les or clown Tony to appoint anyone decent to replace Holloway (daftest appointment since Paul Hart),so even if we lose again on Monday night I think we should keep him,what alternative do we have ?

Comment

Originally posted by Westway View Post
      I sponsored a player years back. I wasn't privy to any inside information. Load of ########.
      Might be a load of cobblers i agree however i will say player he sponsors aint happy at club playing no cf at derby

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        And we have dropped points against Bolton Sunderland burton Barnsley and Millwall all sides struggling. If we could beat these sides we would be right up there.

Personally rather beat sides were in direct competition with so we can influence our own destiny then beat wolves etc who although in same division are in different competition
        Totally agree imo its more important to beat teams who are bottom half than those looking to go up, had we not beat Sheffield utd and wolves we would be in the manure i don't think we will go down but ffs we only just stayed up last season, he's had two transfer window loaned in lua lua who's pi$$ed him off not seen since we got no cash but paying for a loan players wages to do fa!

Comment

What makes me reluctant to get shot of Holloway is I doubt that we would sign players like Freeman Baptise Scowens , we have half of decent side no a good side , I wouldn't want to go back to some of the dross signed under ###'s watch as the only decent player signed under his watch was Luongo and it Holloway's signings to get him playing his game , and don't nobody give Liz credit for smithies that one was earmarked by Redknapp a season before

Comment

I don't think he's on borrowed time as the board in my eyes haven't the nuts to make the right decisions, never have been able to.

What I will say though is that he's seriously under pressure from all angles, fans, players, DOF who employed him.

It won't end well. A leopard doesn't change its spots.

Comment

Interesting stat on bbc, only Birmingham (27) have lost more games than qpr since Holloway took charge.
              Last edited by James1979; 26-11-2017, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                Interesting stat on bbc, only Birmingham (27) have more game so than qpr since Holloway took charge.

??????
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Between the Leicester and Blackpool jobs Ollie used to have 30 chickens. That must be why he loves the headless chicken and plays him every week.

Comment

Very high risk strategy keeping Ollie. People wonder who we might get which I get but at present we have someone with our worst record in years and more than capable of taking us down.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                      I don't think he's on borrowed time as the board in my eyes haven't the nuts to make the right decisions, never have been able to.

What I will say though is that he's seriously under pressure from all angles, fans, players, DOF who employed him.

It won't end well. A leopard doesn't change its spots.
                      Nah Jimbo not having he's under pressure from players apart from the wonchers , neither do I think he's under pressure from the dof as well you know ### lovers scapegoat no for me the pressure is from a section of fans

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                        ??????
                        SOrry meant “lost” more games

Comment

Aha. Ok, James 1979. Thanks.
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

Dogs. You maybe right but I think it is getting to the point where his team selections and playing good players out of position makes it very hard to defend him and that means Owners, D.O.F or punters as watching players like Pawel being ruined by Holloways insistance on playing wing backs is undefendable.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                              Dogs. You maybe right but I think it is getting to the point where his team selections and playing good players out of position makes it very hard to defend him and that means Owners, D.O.F or punters as watching players like Pawel being ruined by Holloways insistance on playing wing backs is undefendable.
                              Don't disagree I much prefer four at the back can't understand this obsession with five at the back it was also part of redknapps down fall recruiting preseason for that then found Ferdinands had his problems and five at the back went out of the window , yeah I much rather 4_4-2 , , but my main reason for keeping Holloway is let's get the other half of our team recruited before we let him go

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                                Nah Jimbo not having he's under pressure from players apart from the wonchers , neither do I think he's under pressure from the dof as well you know ### lovers scapegoat no for me the pressure is from a section of fans
                                Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                                Any player with half a brain must be exasperated with his mental set ups.

Comment

Working...
                                X