if and I mean if IH goes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    I've seen a few fans calling for Pardew, can't agree with this myself.

For me, the biggest positive of having Ollie back is a decent atmosphere about the club again. Yeah, he can be a wally at time, but at least Ollie is honest and has the best interests of the club at heart.

Have a look at Pardew's history. littered with bust ups, controversy, peaks and troughs of form, and at times bad dressing rooms. He's also a total @rsehole and somebody that is on the whole, disliked by most football fans. Personally, I think he is a guy with his own agenda in mind, and not necessarily always the best interest of his club.

Despite a better record, and experience playing a bit further up the football league, I think Pardew comes with as many negatives as he does positives. For me, he just isn't the manager the club needs at the moment. He may do well, but he may just as easily rub the players, fans or the board up the wrong way and end up doing more harm than good.

I will also add that I din't see Ollie going anywhere. I think he's doing just enough to keep the board happy at the moment, and he can obviously point to a heavily depleted squad as an excuse for now.
    Wouldn't want Pardew anywhere near my Club
    #standuptocancer
    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

• How long would Pardew get from the people calling for him anyway? #nameofbbcquizshow

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        Ollie not adverse to busts up and public criticism of players
        Not me, the other one!

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
          How long would Pardew get from the people calling for him anyway? #nameofbbcquizshow
          Come to think of it brian, any manager who comes here a couple of draws away from home and if mackies picked once or a player played out of position theyd be wanting the next manager in
          http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
            Wouldn't want Pardew anywhere near my Club
            Neither would I.
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• If things aren't perfect and we're not winning every game we should sack the manager? Okay, slight exaggeration - but not much - reading some of the posts on here. I'm critical of Ollie for his stubbornness and (apparent) refusal to see things we - us lot on here - can - BUT, do I think he should get the sack? Absolutely not. I think that's the very LAST thing this club needs right now. What we need is stability - something that has been so badly lacking for so long. And we - us lot on here - need to look at all the positives for a minute, and appreciate how much Ollie has been a part of that.

The club is finally doing the right things. Signing the right kind of player; being prudent; not getting ripped off, not signing mercenaries. Ollie and Les have unearthed some gems recently. Lee Hoos is doing a superb job IMO. How about we give them some credit? How about the we credit Olly for the players' attitudes now, compared to recent times? We were all crying out for most of the changes that have now taken place. Now it seems to me that as soon as we've got those changes, everyone is moaning because we're drawing games, not winning them, moaning because Ollie isn't playing certain players, and so on. Sure, it's frustrating, because we know better than he does (of course we do). Well, to be honest, I 'm a lot happier that we're drawing, not losing those games. I'm a lot happier there's real fight and positive attitude amongst our players.

I honestly don't think things are bad at all, contrary to some of the doom and gloom I'm reading on here. Sure, it could be better. It could always be better. But surely we've got to acknowledge the huge improvements that have been made, and furthermore, acknowledge that this is work in progress. How about we give Ollie and the team a break, get behind them like true supporters, and have a bit of appreciation for the fact that so many of our concerns have been listened to and are being addressed?

Peace out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                If things aren't perfect and we're not winning every game we should sack the manager? Okay, slight exaggeration - but not much - reading some of the posts on here. I'm critical of Ollie for his stubbornness and (apparent) refusal to see things we - us lot on here - can - BUT, do I think he should get the sack? Absolutely not. I think that's the very LAST thing this club needs right now. What we need is stability - something that has been so badly lacking for so long. And we - us lot on here - need to look at all the positives for a minute, and appreciate how much Ollie has been a part of that.

The club is finally doing the right things. Signing the right kind of player; being prudent; not getting ripped off, not signing mercenaries. Ollie and Les have unearthed some gems recently. Lee Hoos is doing a superb job IMO. How about we give them some credit? How about the we credit Olly for the players' attitudes now, compared to recent times? We were all crying out for most of the changes that have now taken place. Now it seems to me that as soon as we've got those changes, everyone is moaning because we're drawing games, not winning them, moaning because Ollie isn't playing certain players, and so on. Sure, it's frustrating, because we know better than he does (of course we do). Well, to be honest, I 'm a lot happier that we're drawing, not losing those games. I'm a lot happier there's real fight and positive attitude amongst our players.

I honestly don't think things are bad at all, contrary to some of the doom and gloom I'm reading on here. Sure, it could be better. It could always be better. But surely we've got to acknowledge the huge improvements that have been made, and furthermore, acknowledge that this is work in progress. How about we give Ollie and the team a break, get behind them like true supporters, and have a bit of appreciation for the fact that so many of our concerns have been listened to and are being addressed?

Peace out.
                Bang on.

Comment

If things aren't perfect and we're not winning every game we should sack the manager? Okay, slight exaggeration - but not much - reading some of the posts on here. I'm critical of Ollie for his stubbornness and (apparent) refusal to see things we - us lot on here - can - BUT, do I think he should get the sack? Absolutely not. I think that's the very LAST thing this club needs right now. What we need is stability - something that has been so badly lacking for so long. And we - us lot on here - need to look at all the positives for a minute, and appreciate how much Ollie has been a part of that.

Peace out.
                  Indeed, Ollie doing a grand job. Plenty of reasons to be cheerful. Some people just need to chill.

Comment

Peace out.
                    Top post Hubble!

Comment

• Take some of your points Hubble and as sweet and dandy as it comes across his win ratio, team selections, substitutions, our league form and league position can't be ignored I'm afraid.

He's an extremely limited manager who's not getting any better, (possibly getting worse)

Yes off the field things are looking up as you say but I'm more concerned about what's happening on it tbh.

Do I want him sacked? No I don't.

Would I happily accept a better manager coming in if the club pull the trigger on IH? Yes I would.

Comment

Peace out.
                        Top post hubs
                        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Peace out.
                          top post

Comment

• Holloway isn't doing a "grand job",7 without a win and most against bottom teams isn't grand ,we are in the relegation league already and Holloway insists on bizzzare team selection, BUT that apart, as a fan for a long time I don't want him sacked,not yet anyway. He is capable of pulling us out of out rut,I'd like to see him him another month,if it's 11 the games with a win then the owners will make up their own mind as they did with hasstlebank did with old pals Ramsey and hasstlehofff ,the problem lies where every half intelligent fan can see it,studip Les and the clown TF,2 guys who give idiots a new meaning,but as today is today and tomorrow is tomorrorow under these idiots we are facing far worseuntil end of season

Comment

• Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                              Holloway isn't doing a "grand job",7 without a win and most against bottom teams isn't grand ,we are in the relegation league already and Holloway insists on bizzzare team selection, BUT that apart, as a fan for a long time I don't want him sacked,not yet anyway. He is capable of pulling us out of out rut,I'd like to see him him another month,if it's 11 the games with a win then the owners will make up their own mind as they did with hasstlebank did with old pals Ramsey and hasstlehofff ,the problem lies where every half intelligent fan can see it,studip Les and the clown TF,2 guys who give idiots a new meaning,but as today is today and tomorrow is tomorrorow under these idiots we are facing far worseuntil end of season
                              True that bit
                              https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Peace out.
                                Well done Hubs, well said and pretty much how a good proportion of the people I know and talk to feel.
                                This message board is not representative of that view because those that shout the loudest also type the most often. They repeat their views over and over again, to the extent that ultimately sheep are created, and suddenly mantra becomes fact.
                                #standuptocancer
                                #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Working...
                                X