No announcement yet.

Well done Olly and the Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can see Morrison playing right up near Smith as he is a very very good finisher and composed at that.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
      Still need a centre back and another striker given Caulkers apparent loan and
      Halls injury
      Yes, but we must not be negative by pointing this out. Afterall, there is still the loan window to bring in a CB and plus another forward.

Comment

Originally posted by norfolk ranger View Post
        Can't believe we ain't bought in a striker of any quality in yet again, lack of goals is going to cost us dear imo
        I can fully believe it and fully expected we wouldn't, also knew holloway would only getv as fraction of the transfer money to spend, £1.6 million in total after £7 million in sales but amazingly everyone is esactic on this board ,starting more "thank you les "threads and seem to have taken new optimism to a new level,I don't get it,no CB which we desperately need,no decent striker which we also desperatly needed,I'm hopefully gross and freeman will be decent signing,got cheap do no risk,matt smith everyone was saying was shite while linked ,now that he has joined the same people are saying he is great (so typical of so many members on this board),morrison if he can regain fitness could prove to be a good signing

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
          Yes, but we must not be negative by pointing this out. Afterall, there is still the loan window to bring in a CB and plus another forward.
          Try telling some on here but god knows best

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
            I can fully believe it and fully expected we wouldn't, also knew holloway would only getv as fraction of the transfer money to spend, £1.6 million in total after £7 million in sales but amazingly everyone is esactic on this board ,starting more "thank you les "threads and seem to have taken new optimism to a new level,I don't get it,no CB which we desperately need,no decent striker which we also desperatly needed,I'm hopefully gross and freeman will be decent signing,got cheap do no risk,matt smith everyone was saying was shite while linked ,now that he has joined the same people are saying he is great (so typical of so many members on this board),morrison if he can regain fitness could prove to be a good signing
            Yes i quite like smith but yesterday he was a donkey but now he is bloody Nijinsky

Comment

He could actually work as it looks like we are going to have runners around him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                This lacks ambition which does not surprise me.

Think Smith is a good signing but need Washington to step up if they play as a pair.

As much as i would like Washington to do so i dont think he is up to it so
                once again the real problem has not been addressed but hopefully i am proved wrong
                As you say, a lot of faith is being put in Washington and Smith being a success.
                I am concerned CB situation.: Lynch Onuoha plus the injured Hall and makeshift Perch is not leaving me confident about the defence.

I would also have liked a RB as I am still unconvinced by Furlong (look at Button's winner to see why)..
                Still I guess we should be satisfied with Ravel Freeman Smith and the untried Goss who has played for MU at U23 level).
                Wyzolek is already at the club, so whilst making it permanent is great, he isn't going to add anything new.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                  As you say, a lot of faith is being put in Washington and Smith being a success.
                  I am concerned CB situation.: Lynch Onuoha plus the injured Hall and makeshift Perch is not leaving me confident about the defence.

I would also have liked a RB as I am still unconvinced by Furlong (look at Button's winner to see why)..
                  Still I guess we should be satisfied with Ravel Freeman Smith and the untried Goss who has played for MU at U23 level).
                  Wyzolek is already at the club, so whilst making it permanent is great, he isn't going to add anything new.
                  Totally agree but YOU MUST NOT BE CRITICAL as some cant handle it

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
                    You underrate Furlong I suspect.
                    Yeah he was great against Burton want he?

Comment

How long is Hall out for?

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                        How long is Hall out for?
                        Dont know as the club has not bothered to update us, so letting Caulker go without a replacement is a bit of a risk.

Comment

Rejoice. Salvation is now at hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
                            Rejoice. Salvation is now at hand.
                            Yes, Newcastle won't know what's hit them tomorrow live on Sky..

Comment

The midfield was the absolute key to this window. We have been wholesale awful there for afew seasons now. It's shone a light on our defence, aswell as forcing our strikers to feed off crumbs. We haven't had enough talent for either end of the pitch to make up for a weak centre of the park.

It appears that this window was all about getting players in that can make things happen, players that provide a bit of ability to put into a team that knows how to work hard (at least it seems to when the right players are on the pitch).

We do need CB cover, surprised Caulker left. But there is a loan window still open? When does that shut? Plus free transfers. Hardly exciting but hey, Ravel is a 90 day loan and he's the most exciting signing of the window?

upfront i think our strikers are given a tough ride due to living in the shadow of Chaz and not being given service, that highlights the fact they are just ok. NONE of our strikers have the ability to play alone upfront as he did, so with a midfield able to work without being crowded out, perhaps we can now afford strike partnerships.

There are still issues and some of the new additions will no doubt struggle and we will struggle to integrate them, but smart window i reckon, with plenty to build on in the summer.

Comment

Well done Les and Lee.

Comment

Working...
                                X