No announcement yet.

Well done Olly and the Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How any owner can think you can get a decent striker and not pay at least 6_7 mill upwards even at this level
    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
      How any owner can think you can get a decent striker and not pay at least 6_7 mill upwards even at this level
      could of got Grabban on loan

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
        could of got Grabban on loan
        What makes you think he wound have opted for us ahead of 3rd place reading ? It's not as simple as football manager .
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
          What makes you think he wound have opted for us ahead of 3rd place reading ? It's not as simple as football manager .
          Dont play that crap but we could of and should of gone for someone like that with
          a view to perm for next season

Comment

Dont play that crap but we could of and should of gone for someone like that with
            Ok grumps
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Invalidating people's hard work researching and programming with that first part.

Second part is odd... as Matty said, why choose us over Reading who are probs gonna be premier league next season?
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                Invalidating people's hard work researching and programming with that first part.

Second part is odd... as Matty said, why choose us over Reading who are probs gonna be premier league next season?
                ok god

Comment

Can't believe we ain't bought in a striker of any quality in yet again, lack of goals is going to cost us dear imo

Comment

Originally posted by norfolk ranger View Post
                    Can't believe we ain't bought in a striker of any quality in yet again, lack of goals is going to cost us dear imo
                    most probably roll along until the summer. hopefully more strikers will be available and i'm sure we have some money left over from this window to put towards the kitty in the summer.

keepers are sorted.

rightback and cb needed

midfield sorted.

1 goalscoring striker needed.

so in total, 3 players needed in the summer window.
                    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                      most probably roll along until the summer. hopefully more strikers will be available and i'm sure we have some money left over from this window to put towards the kitty in the summer.

keepers are sorted.

rightback and cb needed

midfield sorted.

1 goalscoring striker needed.

so in total, 3 players needed in the summer window.
                      You underrate Furlong I suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                        why we bought the big man from the fools: to accommodate Washington
                        Which would be a mistake, you don't buy someone with something to prove (Smith) to accomodate someone else who hasn't proved anything at this level (CW). I don't think they went for Smith specifically to accomodate CW, I'm hoping that Olly will have the suss to bring Eze into the front line as another option with Smith. I think Olly has a low posession, press and break game plan (re vs Reading) - Smith doesn't really suit that because his strengths are not back to goal. He isn't a hold up man, he's an old skool target and good at it with service. But he may not be ideal for high press, low posession.

I'm not sure Olly really knows his best front foot game plan but that will obviously involve Smith.
                        Last edited by hal9thou; 31-01-2017, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Young Furlong needs to learn the basics of defending stop crosses coming in and tracking his runner. Very young lad so hope in time he becomes a good player for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
                            You underrate Furlong I suspect.
                            Furlong and Perch I think are both good enough for this level. Perch got a lot of stick from many including myself but he's steady and does a good job in general when asked.
                            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                              Which would be a mistake, you don't buy someone with something to prove (Smith) to accomodate someone else who hasn't proved anything at this level (CW). I don't think they went for Smith specifically to accomodate CW, I'm hoping that Olly will have the suss to bring Eze into the front line as another option. I think Olly has a low posession, press and break game plan (re vs Reading) but I'm not sure he really knows his best front foot option. He needs to sort that out.
                              Agree to an extent - but Ollie needs to have (and I think he has) more than the one plan because the low possession, press and break will only work in certain circumstances. When we were expected to be the dominant team against Burton we didn't have a clear plan and struggled and I think that's when the Smith/Washington combo may come into its own.
                              #standuptocancer
                              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                                Which would be a mistake, you don't buy someone with something to prove (Smith) to accomodate someone else who hasn't proved anything at this level (CW). I don't think they went for Smith specifically to accomodate CW, I'm hoping that Olly will have the suss to bring Eze into the front line as another option. I think Olly has a low posession, press and break game plan (re vs Reading) but I'm not sure he really knows his best front foot option. He needs to sort that out.
                                Agree with this. Smith will be our focal point on those breaks when we get into the box. I suspect few passes with more directness and an aim to get it to the wing as quickly as possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X