Clear All

• Goss can also play CB, I read.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by Shania View Post
      Goss can also play CB, I read.
      Wouldn't trust wiki if thats where you read it Shania?

Main position is CM. Secondary positions are LB and LM is my understanding.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
        Wouldn't trust wiki if thats where you read it Shania?

Main position is CM. Secondary positions are LB and LM is my understanding.
        transfermarkt.co.uk has done you well haha.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          Oh dear!
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Nass, have you listened to "getting to know the network"? Charlton podcast but good listen to hear what has happened to that club and how they pick players. Their main scout seems to have done it all from behind his computer!

Comment

• Originally posted by James1979 View Post
              Nass, have you listened to "getting to know the network"? Charlton podcast but good listen to hear what has happened to that club and how they pick players. Their main scout seems to have done it all from behind his computer!
              I haven't listened but Charlton are a poorly run club without any understanding of how to work a side.

And when did I suggest that everything should be done behind the computer? Use the computer as an ally. Look at Brentford, spend almost no money and Somehow managed to get into play offs a couple of years ago and survive comfortably while losing their best players. They are famously "Moneyball" with their setup and it works.

Watch a player and check the stats or you'll never get the full picture. It's really simple.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I haven't listened but Charlton are a poorly run club without any understanding of how to work a side.

And when did I suggest that everything should be done behind the computer? Use the computer as an ally. Look at Brentford, spend almost no money and Somehow managed to get into play offs a couple of years ago and survive comfortably while losing their best players. They are famously "Moneyball" with their setup and it works.

Watch a player and check the stats or you'll never get the full picture. It's really simple.
                And Brentford's Chief Executive is Mark Devlin, ex QPR's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Southport View Post
                  I think it comes down to the amount of the buy-back. Goss sounds talented but has had injury problems. If we sign him for £500k (and lets say this rises to £800k if we get promoted within 4 years, and he is part of our squad), but there is a buy-back clause of £2m which has to be activated within 2 years then the upside is quite limited, and the deal seems more like a loan signing rather than buying a player. Of course if the buy-back is at £20m then this is very different
                  I take your point about the buy back fee. Obviously it has to be worthwhile for QPR, something like £10m (he would have to be a good player for then to want to buy him back so surely worth at least that amount).

Comment

• Originally posted by Norths View Post
                    That's true. Would have to pay a compensation fee.
                    Would rather that though, than united reaping the benefit of any potential sale down the line (as in we get a bid of £10m come in for him but united have a buy back at a fraction of that price - they'll buy him back to sell and make a nice chunk of change out of it).
                    Like Real Madrid did with Morata.

Comment

Ted Knutson? He was their stats guy. He came in after their play off season I'm pretty sure and now doing worse.
                      Last edited by Fordy; 27-01-2017, 05:26 PM.

Comment

• We must be the worst side in the country trying to get a player signed it takes for f*cking ever typical rangers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Macca View Post
                          We must be the worst side in the country trying to get a player signed it takes for f*cking ever typical rangers.
                          Yawn.
                          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                          Pawel Wszolek - 6
                          Luke Freeman - 6
                          Matt Smith - 6
                          Ebere Eze - 4
                          Joel Lynch - 3
                          Tomer Hemed - 3
                          Toni Leistner - 2
                          Massimo Luongo- 2
                          Angel Rangel - 2
                          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                          Geoff Cameron - 1
                          Aramide Oteh - 1
                          Jake Bidwell - 1
                          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

We must be the worst side in the country trying to get a player signed it takes for f*cking ever typical rangers.
                            You are 1 boring carnt!
                            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shania View Post
                              Goss can also play CB, I read.
                              He's principally a midfielder
                              Read more at http://www.manutd.com/en/Players-And...Sean-Goss.aspx

Comment

Things may appear to take so long these days due to the rumour mill going into overdrive at the merest hint of any interest for a player.

Also, a good point that Dave Mc made yesterday : How quickly would you let someone have Alex Smithies?

Comment

Working...
                                X