Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Club & Fan Group Disagreement re Stan Bowles Benefit - Game vs Bournemouth Jul 29th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Of course he deserves to be looked after, and i think we all know he will be.
    Im just giving rational reasons as to why the club didn't just okay it straight away.

Comment

• Yes Stan was and still lis a Legend and yes it was a different time . But If you read Stan the Man you will see that he was constantly being bailed out by the club - JiM gregory kept giving him additional cash to pay off his debts. The club brought him back into the fold when he was working in a carpet shop in brentford. gave him a role during match days - corporate entertaining etc etc.

I am sure they will do something to help but because it does not fall exactly into line with what people on here expect, a lot of who probably have never even see him play, it is another reason to call the club a joke etc etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
        I agree with this. As said earlier, As the club's greatest ever player, Stan is a unique and exceptional case, who essentially put the club on the map.
        He is Stan and therefore, he should be treated as an exception. It's nothing to do with setting a precedent, it's a one off, and a total PR disaster as far as I'm concerned. And conversely, in funding this, they would have benefited from the goodwill and general feelgood factor, which would have been excellent PR - ironically.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
          He is Stan and therefore, he should be treated as an exception. It's nothing to do with setting a precedent, it's a one off, and a total PR disaster as far as I'm concerned. And conversely, in funding this, they would have benefited from the goodwill and general feelgood factor, which would have been excellent PR - ironically.
          Bang on Hubs.

Comment

Maybe the pr is even better than we are clever enough to realise?
            Uncle comes to the rescue at the last moment on his gallant steed and pays for the lot.
            The hero saves the day and we all hiss at the pantomine villain Hoos.

Comment

Agree. The club should be bending over backwards for him imo.
              I wasn't even alive when Stan was doing his thing, and I know how much he means to us as fans.
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Why hasnt the bloke championing the game just set up a 'just giving' page?
                We all love Stan so much, and im sure we would all give.
                Do we really need some entertainment for our tenner for a legend?
                I genuinely believe that would raise more money as well.
                Instead of puting it on the club, put it on us the fans to show how much we care.

Comment

• Read the club statement on the other thread Kev

Comment

• Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                    It's not even that hard to implement either. Put in exsisting players/staff contracts 1% of wages will be put aside into a fund and that will be pooled to help those that have fallen on tough times.
                    Why not do something to celebrate our greatest team of 76 then ? Gee this buch of crap we got at present couldn't tie there shoe laces without a training session on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                      Agree. The club should be bending over backwards for him imo.
                      I wasn't even alive when Stan was doing his thing, and I know how much he means to us as fans.
                      Fair play ginger unfortunately for you then you missed out on watching pure class, but its nice to know you acknowledge were more of a club around tradition more than anything else. As fans yep we could be more patient now and but its a two way thing i think Hoos kicked a hornets nest with the fans and bottom line they've been asking us to make noise and all sorts of garbage recently if you own a company and something broke you fix it from the top not the bottom.

Comment

• Can someone put this thread in the classic thread section? Just as a reminder of how not to behave on the basis of onesided twitter rumours.

Most embarassing OP and thread I´ve seen since the hard man thread. Especially with the original title: "Club refuse to fund Stan Bowles Benefit" or something like that.
                        Last edited by 1QPRDK; 13-01-2017, 01:07 PM.
                        https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

• Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
                          Can someone put this thread in the classic thread section? Just as a reminder of how not to behave on the basis of onesided twitter rumours.

Most embarassing OP and thread I´ve seen since the hard man thread. Especially with the original title: "Club refuse to fund Stan Bowles Benefit" or something like that.
                          He was only repeating something seen online mate. Same basis of half the stuff that gets discussed on this site. Not being funny but a few ex-pros were digging the club out too!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                            He was only repeating something seen online mate. Same basis of half the stuff that gets discussed on this site. Not being funny but a few ex-pros were digging the club out too!
                            Based upon what though? One blokes ramblings on twitter?

Not looking so clever now either, are they?

I think that's his point. Best to at least see if there may be another side to the story before deciding an unlikely version is the whole truth.

Comment

• Didn't Stan say he wasted a million on drink and gambling?
                              The early bird catches the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese....

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                                Based upon what though? One blokes ramblings on twitter?

Not looking so clever now either, are they?

I think that's his point. Best to at least see if there may be another side to the story before deciding an unlikely version is the whole truth.

Intent of the person running the twitter account is admirable of course but always felt he/she comes across as overly emotional/aggressive at times towards the club.

Comment

Working...
                                X