Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Club & Fan Group Disagreement re Stan Bowles Benefit - Game vs Bournemouth Jul 29th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RobertoQPR View Post
    Anyone see that there was a meeting between a fan group and Lee Hoos to discuss a benefit match for Stan Bowles. Basically ended with Lee Hoos refusing to allow the club to support the £40K needed to run it (stewarding and catering) and that if fans want it they have to pay for it. Ridiculous decision imo. Surely could have done with a bit of good PR at this kind of time!!! Especially when we were paying Sandro more than that a week to sit on his fat Ars* most the time
    Probably a fraction of the DOFs wages sack him as he's doing such a bad job and give a bit to Stan,
    Stan will always be more of a legend at our club than the so called DOF

Comment

• Originally posted by dave58 View Post
      Probably a fraction of the DOFs wages sack him as he's doing such a bad job and give a bit to Stan,
      Stan will always be more of a legend at our club than the so called DOF
      Let's not pretend Sir les wasn't a legend. Would be in the top 3 of all time best rangers strikers. Ridiculous to question him as a footballer
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Originally posted by weareqpr12 View Post
        let's not pretend sir les wasn't a legend. Would be in the top 3 of all time best rangers strikers. Ridiculous to question him as a footballer
        as big a legend as stan????????????

Comment

Kept us in the premiership for years and not in the mood for a fight
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Stan and Les are both legends who have done great things for our club as players.

The difference between the two of them in my eyes is that Stan did it in an era before footballers earned mega bucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
              Stan and Les are both legends who have done great things for our club as players.

The difference between the two of them in my eyes is that Stan did it in an era before footballers earned mega bucks.
              Could say the same about Les though as well. Was with us just before it really took off with the money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Norths View Post
                Could say the same about Les though as well. Was with us just before it really took off with the money.
                He made enough money mate. Apart from anything else he had big money moves to Newcastle and Spurs after us.

Totally different story in Stans day. Guys back then played for peanuts whilst the clubs pocketed big gate receipts. In my opinion it's only right that clubs that have gone on to prosper remember the individuals that got them there and help them out if they fall on hard times.

Comment

• Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                  I get the need to spend money where it needs to be spent, and not where it doesn't need to be, this just seems a really odd place to stop spending.

As i say, this kind of thing is the difference between a club in the community and a faceless business. QPR has always been a club of the people.

Sure, i get the where does it end? point aswell. It could go on forever couldn't it? Although when they start popping every club legend on memorabilia, and each of them needs a helping hand then yeah, sure, lets address it, and hold something for all of them.

This is a poor decision and is timed even worse.
                  Don't get me wrong I totally agree this is a PR disaster for the club, I am just highlighting that there is probably more to it than we all realize. What is silly, if true, is Hoo's comment about thick skin, that is just plain arrogance, again if true, which is extremely misplaced on a situation like this because this situation is exceptional we hope.

Comment

• Uncle Fatty backtracking on twitter now.

Heat hitting them early after a fan backlash of gargantuan proportions.

Comment

• Why don't they try and do the game as a back to to back same day the 1st team played at home, so they ground would already been open a bit like when teams host 4 team tournament surely it would cut costs.

Comment

• Uncle T needs to get over his ego and get off Twitter.

Comment

• Honest question here, does 'anybody' really believe Unc will not sort this out?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                            Honest question here, does 'anybody' really believe Unc will not sort this out?
                            I think a lot don't want him to ..another stick to beat him and the club with....

Comment

• Kevin. I think he will in the end do the right thing and he needs to ask the guy he put in charge what is he playing at with the comments that he made regarding the whole thing.

Comment

• Is there any communication within our club? It seems to me like Fernandes has basically just said Hoos will sort it now. Laughable.

Comment

Working...
                                X