Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Club & Fan Group Disagreement re Stan Bowles Benefit - Game vs Bournemouth Jul 29th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
    Air Asia Stanley Bowles benefit game
    Im not bothered if its a gome sponsored by airplane the sequel the guy is our greatest ever player. Sort it hoos

Comment

The thing is though how many will turn up to support this? Around 10 years ago there was an evening with Stan at the wine bar by the Target, 3 people turned up, me, my mate and his daughter, it could turn out to be an embarrassment akin to that night as Stan looked well dissapointed, not saying it shouldn't go ahead but if people want it they gotta show up.

Comment

Apparently another quote from Hoos in the meeting was that if the money is donated by the owners he will block it to honour his staff. Not really sure what that means as if the money was donated then they'd get paid.

Comment

They will bow down to fans pressure as Tony has to maintain this nice guy ######. No idea at all about our club as shown by his 5.5 years as chairman. Forever R's shite and who is our ambassador? Sinton the player who slagged us off when he left for Sheff Weds

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
            Another disaster from this car crash of a football club.

Slowly but surely bit by bit losing my love for QPR I'll be honest.

£2,500,000,000 wasted but they can't find £40,000 to stage a game that could very easily make a couple of hundred thousand pounds where they then deduct their 40k. W******
            Another one losing love for qpr. Dopey decisions made by guys that aint got a clue what connects fans to clubs

Comment

Originally posted by RobertoQPR View Post
              Apparently another quote from Hoos in the meeting was that if the money is donated by the owners he will block it to honour his staff. Not really sure what that means as if the money was donated then they'd get paid.
              That's just bizarre purely from a marketing perspective.

Comment

Another PR disaster.

Comment

Not going to be popular here, but out of curiosity, for just how long do people expect the club to keep contributing for?

As someone mentioned earlier, there was the Stan Bowles day and I'm pretty sure the club have given a fair bit of help already.

I suspect that when we hear a true account of events, things will seem a little different. I'm not sure that in reality, a benefit game would attract anywhere near the interest needed to make it worth anybody's while. Can't help thinking about that bloke disrupting a recent fans forum banging on about things like this. If him and his attitude are anything to go by, I can certainly see why he wasn't able to get anywhere.

Only guessing of course, but I really think that some are over estimating how much profit the club make from Stan related merchandise these days. And if I'm wrong and it's a reasonable amount, then I'm almost certain that the club would be only too happy to ensure that he gets all the profits for as long as he is around.

Don't think the club are looking good in respect of this matter at all, but would prefer to reserve judgement until we know all the details. Especially knowing how some can get so worked up almost out of instinct these days.

Comment

Is he Briatore without the tan this Hoos guy? Give him the power and slinging his weight around left right and centre.

Comment

Oh dear.
                      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                      Pawel Wszolek - 6
                      Luke Freeman - 6
                      Matt Smith - 6
                      Ebere Eze - 4
                      Joel Lynch - 3
                      Tomer Hemed - 3
                      Toni Leistner - 2
                      Massimo Luongo- 2
                      Angel Rangel - 2
                      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                      Geoff Cameron - 1
                      Aramide Oteh - 1
                      Jake Bidwell - 1
                      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                        Not going to be popular here, but out of curiosity, for just how long do people expect the club to keep contributing for?

As someone mentioned earlier, there was the Stan Bowles day and I'm pretty sure the club have given a fair bit of help already.

I suspect that when we hear a true account of events, things will seem a little different. I'm not sure that in reality, a benefit game would attract anywhere near the interest needed to make it worth anybody's while. Can't help thinking about that bloke disrupting a recent fans forum banging on about things like this. If him and his attitude are anything to go by, I can certainly see why he wasn't able to get anywhere.

Only guessing of course, but I really think that some are over estimating how much profit the club make from Stan related merchandise these days. And if I'm wrong and it's a reasonable amount, then I'm almost certain that the club would be only too happy to ensure that he gets all the profits for as long as he is around.

Don't think the club are looking good in respect of this matter at all, but would prefer to reserve judgement until we know all the details. Especially knowing how some can get so worked up almost out of instinct these days.
                        Lots of sense in there.

But if you're pulling the plug on something like this there needs to be some transparency. Especially when you ask the fans to stump up the '40k' if they want it to happen!?

I don't think anybody expects the club to put this on entirely at their expense? They have to shoulder some sure, but not all of it, but at least get the ball started so folk have the opportunity to buy a ticket etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertoQPR View Post
                          So hoo's said, if the owners donate the money, he will block it?

who the hell does he think he is?

get rid of this clown as well. jumped up muppet and self confessed "how not got a clue about football matters" who is responsible for all footballing matters.

joke owners, joke dof, lunatic manager and now this fool.

what the hell has happened to this club.
                          nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post

In a world where we pay bang avereage or useless players way above average wages for the ability they have is the difference to players of stans era and to be fair guys that win world cup medals have to pawn them to make ends meet sums up football today. As you say everyone has an opaon but from my point of view hes the reason i love qpr for 40 years and want them to do well if they dont want to support the guy dont shove his imsge and other legends all over merchandise if they dont want to help him when hes probably at a point in life when he needs it more than ever

Comment

And this is a man the Club has just promoted and handed greater control ? Hoos clearly has little respect for the Clubs history and perhaps its greatest player. Along with his team mates (and lead by Sexton) he almost delivered the Division 1 title..to QPR ! He should hang his corporate head in shame and the owners are equally culpable as they handed him power to make decisions. Have supported the R's for nearly 45 years ...tonight I've never felt so ashamed and disappointed. An utter disgrace.

Comment

Blows Fernandes nice bloke crap into the water. It is yet another disaster from this clown and his goons in charge.

Comment

Working...
                                X