No Chery, no Luongo. Three points.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    I'm not quite sure I gather what you mean... are you asking what happens to the score if you fail a dribble attempt compared to a pass attempt?

It's dependent on whether it leads to a goalscoring opportunity. They have rating multipliers that affect the change that the move results in. If he failed a dribble, generally expect the rating loss to be just slightly greater as in most cases, that puts everyone on the team at a disadvantage.

Just looking at it, you lose 0.04 for being dispossessed directly but less than 0.01 for an unsuccessful pass. If that is considered an "error" leading directly to a goalscoring chance, you'll lose a lot more. If it leads to an actual goal, you'll lose even more.
    I meant more that if you go on a dribble, beat 1 man and then get tackled by the 2nd man, what happens? For me if you lose the ball, doesn't mater whether you beat first man.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
      I meant more that if you go on a dribble, beat 1 man and then get tackled by the 2nd man, what happens? For me if you lose the ball, doesn't mater whether you beat first man.
      It advances your position and makes losing it less of a risk given the position you lost it in is less threatening than it was prior. It puts the opposition under more pressure to clear it and give you a chance to start again but at least you have the ball, and if they don't clear it and play it out, the extra time with the ball means that your teammates can reposition to get closer to the ball and win it back. Football is all in the little moments and the changes to the positioning they result in. That extra 2 or 3 seconds of dribbling can make a big difference to the setup of the field.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

It advances your position and makes losing it less of a risk given the position you lost it in is less threatening than it was prior. It puts the opposition under more pressure to clear it and give you a chance to start again but at least you have the ball, and if they don't clear it and play it out, the extra time with the ball means that your teammates can reposition to get closer to the ball and win it back. Football is all in the little moments and the changes to the positioning they result in. That extra 2 or 3 seconds of dribbling can make a big difference to the setup of the field.
        Lol.. I love you Nas.
        C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

If you have the ball, beat a man and then pass it but lose the ball, it's obvious to me that you have had a poor passage of play no? The little moment of passing it and losing the ball is key as it ruins forward momentum for your team.

Comment

I should add that your team mates will be expecting you to pass to them not lose it, so are unlikely to be better set up defensively because you have beaten an opponent. From what you've said, shows to me why these stats are so misleading

Comment

Paul Scholes was famously good at winning the ball back wasn't he? Never mistimed tackles, did he?
              And Luongo was brilliant at timing his tackles at Brighton wasn't he?

Point is, Scholes was a deep-lying midfielder...found time to score goals and assist strikers. Luongo is supposedly playing the same role but does absolutely fck all in the assist and goals department.

Comment

Amazing how differently some of us see Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by guy.dunstan View Post
                  Amazing how differently some of us see Luongo
                  Personally think he's more suited to a number 10 role.

Comment

I know it is the festive season but speaking about luongo in the same breath as one of the best players that ever played for Man Utd is taking the ####. Luongo has ability and is most likely better than he has shown so far but that is it no comparisons to any of the names being bandied about on here. I see him in a more advanced role due to him being two footed and the ability is there to go past people. Not strong or imposing enough for me in a midfield two though.

Comment

Paul Scholes was famously good at winning the ball back wasn't he? Never mistimed tackles, did he?
                      He didn't mistime tackles he was a dirty little sod who knew exactly what he was doing. Great player doing the job he was given to do by Ferguson.

Comment

Ppppppppppppppppppppppppppplease no more comparisons.

Hopefully he will do the job if required today. Personally I'd be starting with the same side if possible (guess no-kness cant play twice in 3 days).

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                          Ppppppppppppppppppppppppppplease no more comparisons.

Hopefully he will do the job if required today. Personally I'd be starting with the same side if possible (guess no-kness cant play twice in 3 days).
                          He can barely play once in one day
                          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Also, what is this ridiculous complaining about comparisons? I'm not comparing their quality ffs, I'm comparing their style of play. I'm comparing the experiences they've been through. The makelele one wasn't about Luongo being as good as makelele, it was about him going through a similar experience of being told he wasn't what they wanted him to be. Scholes was one I didn't even bring up because they are much more different players. I'd say Scholes' style is more similar to someone like Faurlin etc. But again, not talking about their bl oody talent, just the style. People get offended by the weirdest sh it, since when did comparing styles become such a taboo ffs.

Comment

He can barely play once in one day

Haha, yeh mate unfortunately I make you right.

I really like Sandro and if fit he's miles our best player. Think I'm giving up hope of seeing a fully fit Sandro anymore tho.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                                Haha, yeh mate unfortunately I make you right.

I really like Sandro and if fit he's miles our best player. Think I'm giving up hope of seeing a fully fit Sandro anymore tho.
                                See, I don't think he's quite as good as you may think he is, but my biggest issue with him is that he's a guaranteed substitution. If anything goes wrong, we only have 2 other subs to make and that puts us at an immediate tactical disadvantage.

Comment

Working...
                                X