• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is a considered a dribble?

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
      What is a considered a dribble?
      Taking on an opposition player and beating him.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
        Taking on an opposition player and beating him.
        yeah but what if you do that then try to a) take on another opponent or b) pass it and you lose the ball? What does that do to the stats?

Comment

yeah but what if you do that then try to a) take on another opponent or b) pass it and you lose the ball? What does that do to the stats?
          If you take on another opponent and beat him, it counts as another successful dribble, ie 2 successful dribbles
          If you pass it after beating the player, it counts as a dribble and a pass, ie 1 successful dribble and 1 pass.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

If you take on another opponent and beat him, it counts as another successful dribble, ie 2 successful dribbles
            If you pass it after beating the player, it counts as a dribble and a pass, ie 1 successful dribble and 1 pass.
            I gather that Nas. I meant what happens if you do a successful dribble and then lose the ball either by trying another dribble or by failing to find teammate with a pass?

Comment

I gather that Nas. I meant what happens if you do a successful dribble and then lose the ball either by trying another dribble or by failing to find teammate with a pass?
              I'm not quite sure I gather what you mean... are you asking what happens to the score if you fail a dribble attempt compared to a pass attempt?

It's dependent on whether it leads to a goalscoring opportunity. They have rating multipliers that affect the change that the move results in. If he failed a dribble, generally expect the rating loss to be just slightly greater as in most cases, that puts everyone on the team at a disadvantage.

Just looking at it, you lose 0.04 for being dispossessed directly but less than 0.01 for an unsuccessful pass. If that is considered an "error" leading directly to a goalscoring chance, you'll lose a lot more. If it leads to an actual goal, you'll lose even more.

Comment

Who is compiling all this info Nas is there someone at every game watching ticking something or is it done afterwards from watching game again

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                  Who is compiling all this info Nas is there someone at every game watching ticking something or is it done afterwards from watching game again
                  To my understanding, there are people who have footage of every game and just go through the footage, dragging the mouse to the relevant position and clicking to select the correct action that occurred. A lot of effort goes into collecting the minute by minute data and a lot of employees working on live matches.

Comment

To my understanding, there are people who have footage of every game and just go through the footage, dragging the mouse to the relevant position and clicking to select the correct action that occurred. A lot of effort goes into collecting the minute by minute data and a lot of employees working on live matches.
                    Shame. What a waste of time, still doesn't make Luongo any better!

Comment

Originally posted by guy.dunstan View Post
                      Shame. What a waste of time, still doesn't make Luongo any better!
                      Wow, and there are some who say I talk down to people, you're just invalidating someone's work.

You do come across a very negative as a poster, the only positive thing I've seen you post was regarding the Watford and Leeds fixtures and that was one post a piece and anything related to Lord Kelvin Henry... Is there anything at the club right now that you enjoy? Not a question with which I'm using to talk down to you, just a genuine curiosity I have

Comment

One of my best mates works for bt sport mainly on champions league and national league games and hes said theres a huge team of people that literally compile stats of every game as their job. Its almost second nature to them

Comment

Just looking at it, you lose 0.04 for being dispossessed directly but less than 0.01 for an unsuccessful pass. If that is considered an "error" leading directly to a goalscoring chance, you'll lose a lot more. If it leads to an actual goal, you'll lose even more.
                          Bet he lost a few points last Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                            Bet he lost a few points last Tuesday.
                            Haha @ Brighton was his worst game for us if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

[QUOTE=nasser95;1595469]Wow, and there are some who say I talk down to people, you're just invalidating someone's work.

You do come across a very negative as a poster, the only positive thing I've seen you post was regarding the Watford and Leeds fixtures and that was one post a piece and anything related to Lord Kelvin Henry... Is there anything at the club right now that you enjoy? Not a question with which I'm using to talk down to you, just a genuine curiosity I have[/QUOTE
                              I'm pretty happy with Smithies and i think Ingram is a very good back up, but apart from that not overly happy with anything else at the moment. Oh and Karl Henry very effective at what he does. And the stats comment was only really aimed at your constant biggin up of Luongo, as i'm sure you realised.

Comment

Originally posted by guy.dunstan View Post
                                I'm pretty happy with Smithies and i think Ingram is a very good back up, but apart from that not overly happy with anything else at the moment. Oh and Karl Henry very effective at what he does. And the stats comment was only really aimed at your constant biggin up of Luongo, as i'm sure you realised.
                                But he hasn't been very effective at what he does... his aim is to stop goals going in, yet when he's playing, we concede 1.7 goals per game. Without him, we concede only 1.1 goals per game...

Even looking directly at his individual contributions, he makes 1 tackle a game, 1.4 interceptions, fouls 1.7 times a game, clears the ball less than once a game, loses the ball (in a deep position) 0.6 times a game, wins 1 aerial duel a game, plays a total of only 28.3 passes per game. I see nothing there that stands out as impressive for a defensive midfielder apart from maybe his interceptions which aren't even all that given what else he brings to a match.

I big up Luongo because surely it can't be good for any young footballer to get comments, be they on here or on social that suggest that they aren't wanted. Luongo is very talented and has shown that at the club and beyond, and I hope he can continue to show it at my club in spite of the fans who seem to get on the backs of the people who are at least trying and are clearly growing.

Comment

Working...
                                X