No Chery, no Luongo. Three points.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    Also, what is this ridiculous complaining about comparisons? I'm not comparing their quality ffs, I'm comparing their style of play. I'm comparing the experiences they've been through. The makelele one wasn't about Luongo being as good as makelele, it was about him going through a similar experience of being told he wasn't what they wanted him to be. Scholes was one I didn't even bring up because they are much more different players. I'd say Scholes' style is more similar to someone like Faurlin etc. But again, not talking about their bl oody talent, just the style. People get offended by the weirdest sh it, since when did comparing styles become such a taboo ffs.
    Mate, Makelele played for some of the biggest clubs in the world, was strong as an Ox, completely dominated midfields at the highest level of the game and was told never to cross the half way line at Chelsea cos that wasn't his job. He is in no way anywhere near comparable to Luongo who tho I know you really rate has done nothing other that standard Championship performances and flirting with the edges of games at this level.

He needs to step up from here. Hopefully he will.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      See, I don't think he's quite as good as you may think he is, but my biggest issue with him is that he's a guaranteed substitution. If anything goes wrong, we only have 2 other subs to make and that puts us at an immediate tactical disadvantage.
      I was hoping that with match fitness he would be able to play 90mins at least once a week. I'm not sure that's possible now, but I live in hope. HNY anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
        Mate, Makelele played for some of the biggest clubs in the world, was strong as an Ox, completely dominated midfields at the highest level of the game and was told never to cross the half way line at Chelsea cos that wasn't his job. He is in no way anywhere near comparable to Luongo who tho I know you really rate has done nothing other that standard Championship performances and flirting with the edges of games at this level.

He needs to step up from here. Hopefully he will.
        Mate, cmon, please read what I said regarding Makelele ffs...

The makelele one wasn't about Luongo being as good as makelele, it was about him going through a similar experience of being told he wasn't what they wanted him to be
        This is the shi t that makes me seem like I'm talking down to people when I'm just having to re-explain what I just said. I'm not comparing their talent, or style or quality in this case, I'm comparing their experience

There are other cases where I will compare their style, but not their Quality. I don't compare quality because it's stupid to, we're in the championship ffs.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Nah luongos no where near as good as makekelelelelelelele nass

Comment

Luongo's out of today's game.

Comment

Luongo is a drongo who should be playing bongo. He takes far too longo to ping a pass that's (usually) wrongo.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                Luongo is a drongo who should be playing bongo. He takes far too longo to ping a pass that's (usually) wrongo.
                Ted watch out!

Comment

Originally posted by kenthoop View Post
                  Luongo's out of today's game.
                  Three points then.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                    That's quite a catchy songo
                    “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                    Will Danaher

Comment

• Us and late goals

More times than not they go against us..... not the last 2 though URSSSSS!!!
                      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• MAKE THAT 6 POINTS

Comment

• Chery is no loss but there is still a role for mass

Liked the look of Manning

Comment

• Manning looked good. Quite a few on here who have disappeared since we won.

Comment

• Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
                              Manning looked good. Quite a few on here who have disappeared since we won.
                              Ha too true nano, quite a few have disappeared, anybody would think they wanted us to lose to get moaning lol
                              http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• No Chery, no Luongo. Six points. But boy was the midfield p iss poor. New blood really needed.

Comment

Working...
                                X