No announcement yet.

Abuse in football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A former QPR youth player has exclusively told LBC he knew a former chief scout was abusing boys in the 1980s.
    Read more at http://www.lbc.co.uk/hot-topics/crim...oomed-at-club/

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
      A former QPR youth player has exclusively told LBC he knew a former chief scout was abusing boys in the 1980s.
      Read more at http://www.lbc.co.uk/hot-topics/crim...oomed-at-club/
      Also a former stadium manager for paedohilia on his computer got sacked

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
        Think there is a good chance we will sadly
        I was just waiting for this to break a real wronyun

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          55 clubs apparently under review. Anyone reckon we will get caught up in it???

We have ticked every other box from guns in boardroom to administration but would love us to buck the trend for a change and not be one of the clubs with dirty hands.
          Sadly this sort of abuse was wide spread in the 70s and 80s and even though people new about it nothing was really done , look at Savile got away with it for decades , politicians and sadly these people drifted into sport , most of them have escaped punishment because there no longer around , you can't blame the club itself because it's the people who run the club at the time for covering up what was going on , even though most would have heard the rumours or even known what was going on. I will say now though we live in a far more protected society , in academies now it would be virtually impossible for these sort of people to be able to get away with any sort of abuse , for example you would never have one adult in a changing room with children around, there should always be two at least , you would never allow a situation where 1 or 2 children are isolated with a coach , it is so different today and rightly so . The real sad thing is it's taken all this time to admit the problems we had in the seventies and eighties and the cover ups that went on .

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
            Sadly this sort of abuse was wide spread in the 70s and 80s and even though people new about it nothing was really done , look at Savile got away with it for decades , politicians and sadly these people drifted into sport , most of them have escaped punishment because there no longer around , you can't blame the club itself because it's the people who run the club at the time for covering up what was going on , even though most would have heard the rumours or even known what was going on. I will say now though we live in a far more protected society , in academies now it would be virtually impossible for these sort of people to be able to get away with any sort of abuse , for example you would never have one adult in a changing room with children around, there should always be two at least , you would never allow a situation where 1 or 2 children are isolated with a coach , it is so different today and rightly so . The real sad thing is it's taken all this time to admit the problems we had in the seventies and eighties and the cover ups that went on .
            When doing coaching badges, you need to do the safeguarding course first. I couldn't believe how over the top it was, but these stories make you now realize why.
            @chrisrobson9

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
              When doing coaching badges, you need to do the safeguarding course first. I couldn't believe how over the top it was, but these stories make you now realize why.
              Absolutely mate

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                Lois jumbos were the don gorgon of trousers , with inch long splits in the seems to hang over your stan smiths , top casual
                And if you were one of Chris Geilers boys you could get all of that gear from Stuarts. (Read article below mate)

Looking so bad.
                This article is really nasty. Not only do we become implicated, we are the runaway leaders of the nonsing.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...r-abused-boys/

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                  And if you were one of Chris Geilers boys you could get all of that gear from Stuarts. (Read article below mate)

Looking so bad.
                  This article is really nasty. Not only do we become implicated, we are the runaway leaders of the nonsing.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...r-abused-boys/
                  Like I say though it's not the club that can be blamed for this, it's the people who run the club at the time , this is going to affect a lot of clubs sadly , this is going to be as big as Savile ,and it's just a real shame that a lot more wasn't done to stop this when it was happening , but unfortunately it just seemed to be the done thing in that era to cover abuse up

Comment

Looking pretty bad Kev and really widespread by him.

Comment

Makes me cringe. I say good job he is no longer here or he would no doubt be lynched. I think however it would be wrong to punish any clubs themselves as these incidents were down to sick twisted individuals who abused the systems in place at the time to abuse not only these poor young men but the trust of everyone around them. And by the looks of it there is so much more to come out.

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                        Makes me cringe. I say good job he is no longer here or he would no doubt be lynched. I think however it would be wrong to punish any clubs themselves as these incidents were down to sick twisted individuals who abused the systems in place at the time to abuse not only these poor young men but the trust of everyone around them. And by the looks of it there is so much more to come out.
                        Generally I think you're right, but occasionally it looks like clubs turned a blind eye. In terms of much more to come out - a friend of mine who was a youth footballer in the Kilburn/Queens Park area (and went on to play professionally), has revealed it was prevalent in the youth teams when he was growing up. I will post his article on it if he gives me permission as I think it's pertinent and eye-opening.

Comment

Wow. So he left his house to a former QPR youth player. Wonder why.

Comment

Society turned a blind me eye. I'm an 80s child but question for those from 60s &70s was touching up kids just the fine thing and norm then as it appears everyone knew but no one cared

Comment

Unfortunately it was a time where people respected authority and authoritive figures and wouldn't speak out against them, and even if they did sadly would not have been believed , hence TV personalities , politicians, sports people would all get away with this sort of thing , the real sad thing is that this could have been stopped but it was deemed better just to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
                                Unfortunately it was a time where people respected authority and authoritive figures and wouldn't speak out against them, and even if they did sadly would not have been believed , hence TV personalities , politicians, sports people would all get away with this sort of thing , the real sad thing is that this could have been stopped but it was deemed better just to ignore it.
                                When i worked in the dressing room area from 85-2001 the talk about this guy was rife and
                                make no mistake he looked the part but it just seemed to be accepted then, very sad.

Comment

Working...
                                X