Holloway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Awin View Post
    To be honest I thought it looked mad but at the same time I was full of pride of a manager that cares, a manager who leads by example trying to impress upon his players the need for passion and pride in their shirt. I loved it!

Nail on the head awin, couldnt agree more!
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
      Yep, exactly, just a load of noise! Ollies got rangers in his heart. He's had a connection with the club for years - playing and managing... Screaming and chest banging like a territorial gorilla aint guna suddenly make our lot passionate about the club. They need to be managed and organised in order to win games, and with that will come the success we all want

So what happened just after that load of noise?? seem to recall they responded to him not long after thats what happened! so hardly just a load of noise at all! he saw them sitting back in their gears and got at them with a type of rollicking and it worked for effort and attacking wise!
      Last edited by Pinkie; 04-12-2016, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
        Except for the fact that you could see when the fans made noise, the players responded. Players live off of confidence and support. If a player hears fans on his side, he'll wanna push more for the team. Same for Ollie making noise. If you have a manager who is showing faith in you, it's a hell of a lot better than one who's standing there without saying a word and then unleashing everything on you after the match.
        Agree with you nas, theres a first lol

Comment

Sort of agree nas... agree that players respond to fans making noise... but a single man, the manager, I dont think so.... yes they respond to a manager who has faith in you, but Ollie jumping aroung screaming/shouting/chest thumping is Ollie putting on a show NOT Ollie showing faith in his players... just my opinion of course.
          But they responded after him doing it and the crowd!

Comment

Sort of agree nas... agree that players respond to fans making noise... but a single man, the manager, I dont think so.... yes they respond to a manager who has faith in you, but Ollie jumping aroung screaming/shouting/chest thumping is Ollie putting on a show NOT Ollie showing faith in his players... just my opinion of course.
            If it was a single man with no influence doing it in the crowd, he'd look a fool to them. But Holloway has influence, he's got gravitas because he's their manager, and as I said, when a manager shows faith in his players and pushes them on which is what the chest thumping does, the fire in their belly grows. If you can hear your manager willing you on and you can feel his passion, it has a way of hitting you right in the core and making you want to succeed for them.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Also, once again would like to bring forward the fact that a few of the same people who complained about JFH being static on the sidelines are still complaining about Holloway being animated... it's a bit odd to me, the lack of consistency in that sense.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

i love ollie jumping around , shows what he's made of , long may it continue

Comment

He was doing it when we looked like we were about to roll over and take a hiding. We came back stronger after that, I felt. Dont forget, we havent come back from losing to win a game in over year so confidence is very low so he is trying to keep their heads up.

There are worse things in the world than a manager scream for players to have heart and run more.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                    id rather the fans were jumping around when we win
                    R's

Comment

• Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                      This.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                        Originally posted by Shania View Post
                        This.
                        This +1!

Comment

• FFS Ollie wearing a scarf Ollie jumping about on the touchline Ollie's schpiel talking up the players to motivate them , he should be stopped from doing these things We need another manager one whose aloft to the club and it's players and fans one who just gets on with what he's supposed to do and manage the team in a respectful manor

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                            We need another manager
                            After just 3 games in to his tenure?

Your post loses ALL possible credibility with that statement, assuming you're being serious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                              After just 3 games in to his tenure?

Your post loses ALL possible credibility with that statement, assuming you're being serious.
                              Yeah I'm serious we don't need a manager that has to think he can tell crap players their good we don't need a manager that wears the clubs scarf and we don't need a manager that needs to gee the players up by using emotions from the touchline , what we need another manager one that acts like a gentleman on the touchline and shows no emotion
                              Last edited by dogsrrs; 06-12-2016, 11:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                                Yeah I'm serious...
                                I believe you'd probably have about 1% of the entire fan base agreeing with you that sacking Holloway after just 3 games would be the correct course of action.

Comment

Working...
                                X