Holloway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
    Ollie a descent coach hasn't hit the ground after 3 games that's 6 halves where we played well for one half against 10 men ,
    Your on the money Dogs. Ollie defo deserves time and opportunity to form his own team but am surprised by the amount of fans who seem satisfied with how we have played in the first three games. As you say and I agree three games in and only one half where we have looked good the rest of the halves you could have had JFH on the side.

I have seen people say we were good against Ipswich when we were pathetic even against wolves when we had eleven men I thought we looked really average. Rome was not built in a day but fear few fans are not willing to accept so far three games in its more of the same.

Rotherham huge game now certainly can't lose and a draw would be disappointing

Comment

I just watched the replay of the Wolves game; best loss I've seen in a while. Smithies was amazing. And Ollie thumping his chest has been the missing ingredient of emotion we have not seen in a manager here for a very long time. This team is going to win games this year from behind, and perhaps even when a man down. For me we need a real striker up front to replace plodding Polter; number one need in the January window. Washington should be platooned; he's a game player for sure but has mediocre skill and game sense. Sandro needs to continue to be played to get him into game shape. Love Robinson on the left, Luongo in the middle, and Chery for me is always a threat. Bottom line: let Ollie inspire this team to play like they did yesterday; get a real striker in up front; and though we are not yet a serious threat for promotion we will give even the best Championship teams everything they can handle.

Comment

Sorry buddie I can't see that happening this year I think maybe you meant this season yeah ? For me Ollie will have to work socks off for the rest of this year to try and drum some sort of organisation into these duffers

Comment

All that yelling/chest thumping/brave heart b0ll0x, made himself look a right t1t imo.... dont get me wrong, love the fella. But think he needs to stop reminiscing about the good old days, and instead get his head around managing a modern day championship side........ time to stop being the jester and step up to the challenge!!
          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
            All that yelling/chest thumping/brave heart b0ll0x, made himself look a right t1t imo.... dont get me wrong, love the fella. But think he needs to stop reminiscing about the good old days, and instead get his head around managing a modern day championship side........ time to stop being the jester and step up to the challenge!!
            Doesn't Klopp do the same thing (except he loses his glasses).

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
              Your on the money Dogs. Ollie defo deserves time and opportunity to form his own team but am surprised by the amount of fans who seem satisfied with how we have played in the first three games. As you say and I agree three games in and only one half where we have looked good the rest of the halves you could have had JFH on the side.

I have seen people say we were good against Ipswich when we were pathetic even against wolves when we had eleven men I thought we looked really average. Rome was not built in a day but fear few fans are not willing to accept so far three games in its more of the same.

Rotherham huge game now certainly can't lose and a draw would be disappointing
              Seem to recall when we was under ollie in the old third division we went on a terrible run of about 12/13 games without a win, then came good in the end, things take time!
              http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Hes trying to get some passion into some of these modern footballers who lack it badly, whats wrong with that, hes trying to be this or that, its what true passion does to you! its the players that need to step up to the challenge!
                http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                  Hes trying to get some passion into some of these modern footballers who lack it badly, whats wrong with that, hes trying to be this or that, its what true passion does to you! its the players that need to step up to the challenge!
                  Yep a good easy life comes to today's footballers to easily that many don't earn or deserve
                  Last edited by dogsrrs; 04-12-2016, 05:49 PM.

Comment

To be honest I thought it looked mad but at the same time I was full of pride of a manager that cares, a manager who leads by example trying to impress upon his players the need for passion and pride in their shirt. I loved it!

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                      I love his passion, I really do!!. Like I said in my post "I love the fella". But his 'performance' was way to OTT and was all a bit 'look at me' and for me begs the question would he have 'performed' the way he did that night had the cameras not been there?
                      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

I love his passion, I really do!!. Like I said in my post "I love the fella". But his 'performance' was way to OTT and was all a bit 'look at me' and for me begs the question would he have 'performed' the way he did that night had the cameras not been there?
                        Why question it ? Everyone should follow his example at every game and perform like him. we'll soon see a difference in performance !

Comment

You're right and it can work the other way. Modern players just think what an idiot. I'll tell you what will make them work. A taste of the success it brings with it. Shouting and screaming is just noise.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                            You're right and it can work the other way. Modern players just think what an idiot. I'll tell you what will make them work. A taste of the success it brings with it. Shouting and screaming is just noise.
                            Yep, exactly, just a load of noise! Ollies got rangers in his heart. He's had a connection with the club for years - playing and managing... Screaming and chest banging like a territorial gorilla aint guna suddenly make our lot passionate about the club. They need to be managed and organised in order to win games, and with that will come the success we all want
                            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Yep, exactly, just a load of noise! Ollies got rangers in his heart. He's had a connection with the club for years - playing and managing... Screaming and chest banging like a territorial gorilla aint guna suddenly make our lot passionate about the club. They need to be managed and organised in order to win games, and with that will come the success we all want
                              Except for the fact that you could see when the fans made noise, the players responded. Players live off of confidence and support. If a player hears fans on his side, he'll wanna push more for the team. Same for Ollie making noise. If you have a manager who is showing faith in you, it's a hell of a lot better than one who's standing there without saying a word and then unleashing everything on you after the match.
                              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                                Except for the fact that you could see when the fans made noise, the players responded. Players live off of confidence and support. If a player hears fans on his side, he'll wanna push more for the team. Same for Ollie making noise. If you have a manager who is showing faith in you, it's a hell of a lot better than one who's standing there without saying a word and then unleashing everything on you after the match.
                                Sort of agree nas... agree that players respond to fans making noise... but a single man, the manager, I dont think so.... yes they respond to a manager who has faith in you, but Ollie jumping aroung screaming/shouting/chest thumping is Ollie putting on a show NOT Ollie showing faith in his players... just my opinion of course.
                                SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Working...
                                X