Holloway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    Had nothing to do with the cameras. It was because we were at home.
    Why does venue make a difference? He's managing the team wherever it is playing so why should his style change? So he's acting up for the fans then? Either way it's odd.

Comment

Had nothing to do with the cameras. It was because we were at home.
      Watching his massively over exaggerated 'performance' towards the end of that match was horribly cringeworthy and for me blatantly obvious it was all about him and for everyone to see (and knowing full well cameras were on him)

But anyway all that said would be mad to sack him after only a short time. Yes he certantly wasnt my choice of managr but that wont stop me backing him. Just think he needs to stop being the class clown and get his head down.
      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
        Why does venue make a difference?
        Psychologically the venue makes a huge difference when you're at home, in front of all your fans, and more pressure is on to produce a result. Plus in this instance the team wasn't showing enough heart and desire.

But the more pertinent point is his touchline antics actually made a difference because it gave the team a lift and we pulled a goal back, then even came close to an equaliser at the death - all with 10 men (a scenario which again no manager in the world could have legislated for).

Comment

Psychologically the venue makes a huge difference when you're at home, in front of all your fans, and more pressure is on to produce a result. Plus in this instance the team wasn't showing enough heart and desire.

But the more pertinent point is his touchline antics actually made a difference because it gave the team a lift and we pulled a goal back, then even came close to an equaliser at the death - all with 10 men (a scenario which again no manager in the world could have legislated for).
          But don't let this fact distract you from the idea that he made some fans cringe by being passionate...
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• I lkke the passion, it did get the crowd and players revved up.
            Just dont like the defeats every game.
            Im not in the 'dont care if we lose every game as long as we have a right go' camp.
            Id rather go home having not lost and watched #drossball cos i really dont think ill muster up the energy nd enthusiasm to go all the time if we are in the third division next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
              I lkke the passion, it did get the crowd and players revved up.
              Just dont like the defeats every game.
              Im not in the 'dont care if we lose every game as long as we have a right go' camp.
              Id rather go home having not lost and watched #drossball cos i really dont think ill muster up the energy nd enthusiasm to go all the time if we are in the third division next season.
              Make your mind up Kevin Before you said you'd always support us no matter what league we're in.

Comment

Make your mind up Kevin Before you said you'd always support us no matter what league we're in.
                Have i? Think thats Westy not me.
                Anyway, whether i said it or not, i really dont think the older im getting, going to see third division football would be massively high on my priorties list.

Comment

• Kind of glad I bought a membership for Surrey again next season

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                    But don't let this fact distract you from the idea that he made some fans cringe by being passionate...
                    Does make me laugh how black and white it is for some- either he is or he isnt passionate.... my point is thats not the case.
                    - Redknapp. Not passionate
                    - warnock. Passionate
                    - and then theres Ollie who dont get me wrong is genuinely passionate but has his "look at me, its all about me" jester side to him (which he showed of to the cameras very well btw) that I dont like and would rather instead of that, he'd 100% concentrate on managing your club ie tactis.
                    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                      Just to add, the cringe is purely on the 'over the top jester' side of Ollie NOT the passionate side. But dont let this distract you from your point.
                      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• ollie is marmite you love him or hate him i love him,and he will eventually turn the club around but he needs to buy two or three goal machines
                        sell smithies massimo and poulter

bring in firepower from the lowrr divisions or from prem sides youth,then and only then we will have a team since the sale of austin we have really gone downhill
                        Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

• My truth is that im always optimistic and a so-called happy clapper but for the first time since the prem days im honestly worried about dropping into the bottom three. We have three really tough games coming up against unbeaten sides who are all flying .
                          One of them even being on sky which is even more worrying.
                          If they all go to recent form we could lose all three and then actually be in the bottom three spots,
                          I was never worried under 'Jimmy Out' even though the football was boring.
                          Ollie is a top bloke and i so want him to do well, but i think the change was premature and if it all goes wrong cos the players are not his players, as its looking like it is, it will prove to of been fan pressure madness.

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                            Very subdued yesterday and Bircham hardly left the dug out
                            Sack him! He's not beating his chest enough! No passion whatsoever!
                            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                            Pawel Wszolek - 6
                            Luke Freeman - 6
                            Matt Smith - 6
                            Ebere Eze - 4
                            Joel Lynch - 3
                            Tomer Hemed - 3
                            Toni Leistner - 2
                            Massimo Luongo- 2
                            Angel Rangel - 2
                            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                            Geoff Cameron - 1
                            Aramide Oteh - 1
                            Jake Bidwell - 1
                            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• After the buzz of the crowd and players in the first match against Norwich, i even thought bloody hell we could sneak the play offs with Ollie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                                My truth is that im always optimistic and a so-called happy clapper but for the first time since the prem days im honestly worried about dropping into the bottom three. We have three really tough games coming up against unbeaten sides who are all flying .
                                One of them even being on sky which is even more worrying.
                                If they all go to recent form we could lose all three and then actually be in the bottom three spots,
                                I was never worried under 'Jimmy Out' even though the football was boring.
                                Ollie is a top bloke and i so want him to do well, but i think the change was premature and if it all goes wrong cos the players are not his players, as its looking like it is, it will prove to of been fan pressure madness.

Kev this run we are on started when jimmy was in charge and we was only going one way! it hasnt just all of a sudden started just now under ollie!
                                http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Working...
                                X