Gary Rowett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not since Ian Dowie !!

OK, my 1st thread this year think,we have been linked to lots of managers over the past 20 years or so,I admit I was happy when Harry and Hughes and Jimmy got the job,not happy when Ramsey got it but didn't rant too much about it when it was just a rumour because I didn't actually think he'd get it. I went mental when Ian Dowie was rumoured to be our next manager and had some major rants on this board ( old one back then),screaming from the rafters about what an awful appointment it would be,of course he got the job and was awful and shortly sacked.I know I'm infamous at this stage for wanting managers sacked BUT not since Dowie was linked with the job I haven't been so against an rumoured appointment as I am now ,Ian Holloway wold be a disasterous appointment, it screams of desperation and really would be scrapping the end of the "#### sacked available managers" barrel.He has flopped badly in his last 3 manager jobs and hasn't even been linked to another championship or league 1 or 2 club since,now suddenly he is bookies favourite for QPR job. If this happens there will only be one outcome,he will be sacked (won't even last as long as Ramsey and jimmy),it will end in tears ( for qprted anyway),No No No !!!! To Ian Holloway.
    Last edited by Rebel R's; 10-11-2016, 11:17 AM.

Comment

I'd take Rowett over Holloway any day.

For me, of realistic candidates, my choice would be:

1. Clement
      2. Rowett

Both a long way ahead of, but
      3. Pearson
      4. Roberto Di Matteo

And that's it...

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
        OK, my 1st thread this year think,we have been linked to lots of managers over the past 20 years or so,I admit I was happy when Harry and Hughes and Jimmy got the job,not happy when Ramsey got it but didn't rant too much about it when it was just a rumour because I didn't actually think he'd get it. I went mental when Ian Dowie was rumoured to be our next manager and had some major rants on this board ( old one back then),screaming from the rafters about what an awful appointment it would be,of course he got the job and was awful and shortly sacked.I know I'm infamous at this stage for wanting managers sacked BUT not since Dowie was linked with the job I haven't been so against an rumoured appointment as I am now ,Ian Holloway wold be a disasterous appointment, it screams of desperation and really would be scrapping the end of the "#### sacked available managers" barrel.He has flopped badly in his last 3 manager jobs and hasn't even been linked to another championship or league 1 or 2 club since,now suddenly he is bookies favourite for QPR job. If this happens there will only be one outcome,he will be sacked (won't even last as long as Ramsey and jimmy),it will end in tears ( for qprted anyway),No No No !!!! To Ian Holloway.
        So your sacking him before he is even appointed

Comment

No need to sack him,just don't appoint him

Comment

There's talk of Rowett having a buyout clause in his contract - If we've met it, we can talk to him.

Comment

Then meet the cause and get the right man. Whats a buy out clause when you have spunked 300 million.

Comment

I'd imagine we're willing to meet the buyout if he is our number 1 choice.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                  Why would a manager with next to no managerial experience demand or be expected to get big wages and transfer funds. If that's the guys opinion we will have dodged a bullett. You earn respect as a manager and with that comes the added perks so far asa manager he has achieved nothing

Same applies to likes of Sherwood etc
                  His managerial reputation is already damaged for a start. You think he's being paid peanuts by Chelsea, PSG, Real and Bayern? He also would have been on a huge whack at Derby. Why would he come to the circus that is QPR unless he had money to spend? Our owners have made it quite clear they want promotion yet our budget is heading south and we can't compete with the real promotion contenders. Clement would be on a hiding to nothing and his next job will either be one with a realistic chance of promotion or a safe and steady job, both of which aren't available at our circus.

Comment

Then it would be up to Rowett to decide on the offer we make.

Comment

The most important appointment in the last 7 years.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                        The most important appointment in the last 7 years.
                        Without a doubt, get this one wrong (again) and we are in free fall I believe.
                        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

That is why I would not go for Holloway.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                            That is why I would not go for Holloway.
                            I would take it as positive that we haven't announced it yet* Holloway !!),must mean we are trying for someone decent

Comment

Olly will get us into playoffs and we win win the playoff final v norwich
                              R's

Comment

####ing hell Steve are you Mystic Meg in Disguise!

Comment

Working...
                                X