Gary Rowett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
    Sherwood blanked us last time so that was no suprise but Clement is a mystery
    No mystery about it imo. Clement would command large wages and demand a healthy transfer kitty, something we're not prepared to match unfortunately.

Comment

Makes sense Matty.

Comment

hillary clinton is free
        Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
          Not really sure why everyone's creaming their pants over Rowett. Yeah he's done a decent job with Brum for sure, but plenty have decent stints in management at a club then fail to fulfill hype elsewhere. The fact it's his club would've no doubt made his settling in period easier and he went from there. No guarantees he'll do well here, if he came, and the fans would turn a lot quicker if results didn't go our way.

Given to get him we'd have to pay compensation and high wages as he'd know he could demand high if we're prepared to pay compensation for him, I'm not convinced myself.
          He did a good job at Burton building the team that JFH took over the line to win promotion. He then took over a shambolic Birmingham side heading for League 1 and quickly turned them around, saving them from relegation and to mid table last season. Now they are just outside the top 6. I think he is a very decent prospect.

Go get him if possible.

Comment

Stan, The best man for the job considering how we are trying to run our club.

Comment

Would be a wonderful appointment but why would he leave Brum for us,looks like the only people that want the job are Powell,the sacked MK dons manager,the sacked Millwall manager and the sacked Notts forest manager!!

Comment

Had a look at a few Brum forums and found this.
                http://bcfc.freeforums.org/rowett-t17988.html
                Some of them saying his times up at Brum etc I don't think he's ungetable by any stretch. Sounds abit like JFH actually lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
                  No mystery about it imo. Clement would command large wages and demand a healthy transfer kitty, something we're not prepared to match unfortunately.
                  Why would a manager with next to no managerial experience demand or be expected to get big wages and transfer funds. If that's the guys opinion we will have dodged a bullett. You earn respect as a manager and with that comes the added perks so far asa manager he has achieved nothing

Same applies to likes of Sherwood etc
                  Last edited by West Acton; 10-11-2016, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    Why would a manager with next to no managerial experience demand or be expected to get big wages and transfer funds. If that's the guys opinion we will have dodged a bullett. You earn respect as a manager and with that comes the added perks so far asa manager he has achieved nothing

Same applies to likes of Sherwood etc
                    Exactly and being a QPR fan do that?

TS would not have the clubs best interest at heart, it was about his pockets last time.

Comment

Twice Sherwood has been touted and twice it has come to nothing so that one should never be brought up again.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                        Sounds abit like JFH actually lol
                        He does yet apparently he will be allowed 4 or 5 years by our patient fans to build a team.

Comment

Football supoorters are never happy as we all vent frustration and some more than others but me I would give him time based on his work at Burton which ultimately helped Jimmy move on and brum where his net spend is next to nothing and remember he took over them going nowhere but down and built them up to where they are now competing in the top half of the table. Someone that does that is well worth a go in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                            Twice Sherwood has been touted and twice it has come to nothing so that one should never be brought up again.
                            Holloway now instead !!

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                              Out to dinner with les to
                              All done and dusted

Comment

Lovely bloke Ollie but shows the board have no long term plan or vision for the club.

Comment

Working...
                                X